Best class partner-up combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best class partner-up combo?

My friend and I are currently patching and we're trying to figure out what classes we want to play. We want to be able to party with each other for everything and level efficiently. We recently came from WoW so we pretty much know class duties and what not.

We're not too concerned about "playing whats fun" for us cause pretty much any class will be fun. We've tried everything in WoW so ranged dps/melee or tanking or healing isnt really limiting to us.

Re: Best class partner-up combo?

If you want to group together all the time in a party situation, something like Paladin + White or Red Mage, or Ninja + Bard or Red Mage would work really well. That would give you a dedicated tank, and a dedicated healer/buffer.

If you want to level as a duo without other players, you might prefer a pair of Beastmasters, Dragoons, Summoners, or Puppetmasters. But if you worked really hard at it and didn't mind slow going, you could probably pair up any combination of jobs you liked.

Comment

Like the above poster said, it depends on what you're aiming for.

Working with just the basic starting jobs, WHM + WAR is a very good combination. WAR provokes enemies to keep them off the WHM while the WHM keeps the WAR alive with cures.

Or you could both be a DD job such as WAR + MNK or BLM + BLM. You'll be mowing down mobs fairly easily but you'll have to rest more inbetween.

If you both love magic, you could try RDM and be able to heal and nuke, or you can go with WHM + BLM which will really help with getting parties early on.

I know you said it doesn't matter what jobs you pick, but I say play around and see what's the most fun. WAR+WHM, WAR+RDM, or RDM+RDM will likely give you the easiest times.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

WAR + WHM -> Lv.18 (Then, unlock the Support Job ability)

With a tank and a healer, you'd get through the beginner levels of FFXI together easily enough. You can duo easier creatures if the fancy strikes you, and the two form solid foundation for grouping with full party (6 people).

Once you've unlocked the Support Job ability, you can reevaluate and see what how you two want to progress further together. ^_^
        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

One healer, one tank. Everything else is negotiable.

For the fastest progress, I agree with above and say White Mage (WHM) + Warrior(WAR) to level 18 at the least.

Long term, if you continue to play together, have the White Mage player switch to Red Mage (RDM) or Bard (BRD) and the warrior can switch to Paladin (PLD) or Ninja (NIN) to maintain the tank/healer/support setup with more efficiency at higher levels.

Icemage

Comment

Oh, and keep in mind that you are not set on one specific job throughout your character's career. In FFXI you have the freedom to change between jobs on the same character. You can max out every job to 75 if you wanted to.

So play around, see what you like. Find something that works.

Comment

Working...
            X