Best merit PTs setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best merit PTs setup

I've been in a party like that and it really can be pretty stressful if the BLU isn't willing to pick up the slack healing-wise. Also, it's hard as heck for me to sleep at my level, so Imps and Jnuns are really stressful pulls (on the other hand, I hate fly AOE so I make do).

It's doable, provided everyone is on point, but it's tough for a pickup group.

At least in that setup you're only doing 2 refreshes and 1 haste. I've had 5 Melee/NIN, 1 RDM/WHM parties lately that wanted full haste, and for me to pull, and they didn't bring meds of any kind. So it was good times.

Comment

The key are really 2 BLUs and RDM. It's a must for BLUs to heal actually they are main healers.

REQUIRED Spells for a BLU to pick
      - Magic Fruit (Single Target Heal)
      - Healing Breeze (AOE Heal - Spam this for 55 MP)
      - Sheep Song (Sleep - Imps/Jnuns)
      - Yawn (Sleep - Imps/Jnuns)
      - Soporific (Sleep - Flies)
      - Disseverment (Damage - Acc+10)
      - Frenetic Rip (Damage - Acc+10)
      - Head Butt (Stun)
      - Auto Refresh

Comment

Besides Magic Fruit and Head Butt most BLUs I party with just use DD spells.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
          Besides Magic Fruit and Head Butt most BLUs I party with just use DD spells.
          That's not because of the job though. Most of the BLUs that I see are DD wannabes if for no other reason than most players like being DDs. I've partied with BLU/WHMs at a number of levels, and they're very effective - no worse than a pre-pact-change SMN in many respects, and certainly more sturdy as healers even before acquiring Magic Fruit.

Icemage

Comment

I didn't say it was because of the job. I realize it's just the player mentality. The BLU in my LS is awesome at changing his spell setup to suit his role, whatever that may be.

I just said that all of the BLUs that I have partied with have been subpar, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by eva00r View Post
              Again, unlimited chain for this setup. 15k exp per hour due to lack of mobs.

It means, you kill a mob under 40 seconds, therefore the chain is unlimited. However, you can gain more exp/hr by killing each mob within 30 seconds but you cannot do that since that are not that many mobs.
              Then its not "unlimited." Its a contradictory statement, that'a all I was pointing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                I just said that all of the BLUs that I have partied with have been subpar, unfortunately.
                That I can certainly believe - there's a lot of not-so-awesome BLUs out there.

Personally, I'm not fond of BLU as an attacker at most levels, and I'm bemused by people who feel it's best suited as a DD. It dishes out good damage, but is heavily MP-dependent when in a DD role. If all you want is big damage every 60 seconds, just invite a Thief and improve your enmity situation...

Icemage

Comment

It has been interesting getting used to having a blu in endgame situations, working out where best he works.

Often, for 18 man events, such as Limbus and the like, also for Kirin, we have found he works best in the tank party set up we have. He performs a combo DD and Support role, Diamondhide being wonderful, in addition to his stunning capabilities. We did the 3 kings Limbus last night, and he was a monster on the bugards, virtually soloing them, but easing off on the kings, falling back to support. But he did thinking ahead for what spells he would need, complaining when he was one point short for Cannonball so he could self light...

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                  "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

I like them in a mass-enfeebling role in Dynamis. A lot of their enfeebles are AoE (Frightful Roar comes to mind). Temporal Shift is awesome too when a big pull all wakes up at once, or those annoying multiple-BST pulls (sadly one of the BLUs in my Dynamis LS doesn't have sea yet).

As for the 17k stuff... it's only possible if you're alone in an area that normally has 3-4 parties. TAU areas are constantly horribly overcrowded and nothing else has fast enough repops.
                    Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                    RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                    All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Mamool Ja Staging point support 2x uber parties (17kish). One at the front of mamook gate and another at the upper part. That's all ...

Comment

Has anyone tried an Arrow Burn setup since the patch for RNG's? 5xRNG and a BRD? Wasn't that the most insane exp/hr pre-nerf?

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
                        SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

Working...
                        X