Mage Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mage Question

Ok well, I want to be a mage, and the problem is I want to be a healer, but at the same time I want to be a nuke. My question to you is, should I be a WHM/BLM, BLU/RDM, or RDM/WHM. But, I really want to be a WHM/SMN but I like healing and hurting things and people. So, in all I am like really confused...

I see the color of blood and hatred within your eyes, tell me, "Who Are You?"
    Ninmin: Mage Of Chaos

Re: Mage Question

Originally posted by Ninmin View Post
    Ok well, I want to be a mage, and the problem is I want to be a healer, but at the same time I want to be a nuke. My question to you is, should I be a WHM/BLM, BLU/RDM, or RDM/WHM. But, I really want to be a WHM/SMN but I like healing and hurting things and people. So, in all I am like really confused...
    Well, the problem with this as far as I can see, is that there aren't any jobs that are 100% healer and 100% nuker. You're going to have to hit some kind of compromise. Like how a RDM does its own thing and isn't just 50%/50% WHM-BLM. I'd think just leveling WHM and BLM alternately to sub for each other would give you a good chance to play both roles specifically. I think if you went on to be SMN later you would get kind of the role you are looking for: you'd end up being asked to main heal several times, and if the recent changes to SMN have anything to do with it, you'll have your chances to use your summons to their fullest as well.

Comment

Oh that helped alot..ok I get it all see what I can do! I get it tommarow yay! I just like to plan ahead when it comes to these kind of things. But yeah that was good info, if their is anything else I need to know please tell me thanks!!

Comment

It sounds like you're tipped in favour of killing things, so I would suggest BLM/WHM and you can keep an eye on people's HP and throw them a Cure III in between blowing up stuffs with your big balls of boom.

Comment

One of the things that most new players simply don't understand is that, unlike other MMORPGs, you aren't stuck with a job forever in FFXI. Just talk to a Moogle and presto - you just changed from the 98% healing White Mage into the 98% damage Black Mage job. If you like doing both things... just level both jobs.

Icemage

Comment

whats the point of having chairs and a bed in your Mog house, if you cant even sit or sleep in them??

Comment

Decoration, bonuses, storage. Beds can give you "Moghancement: Experience" which lowers the amount of EXP lost when dead. Here's a list of all of the bonuses you can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Futan View Post
                Decoration, bonuses, storage. Beds can give you "Moghancement: Experience" which lowers the amount of EXP lost when dead. Here's a list of all of the bonuses you can get.
                I know that, just wish you could sit on them and sleep in your bed is all...

Comment

can't really interact with any furnitures in this game, sadly. At least I want my mog to be able to ._.
                  There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                  but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                  transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
                  X