Next job confusion @_@;;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next job confusion @_@;;

Hello everyone, im thinking of a job to lvl next, and im caught up. I dont want to lvl a job that 2000 other ppl are lvling(exageration- but i mean NIN, BRD) and i dont want something gimp(IMO DRG and PUP) i currently have RDM to 75 and am looking for something else to lvl.

I was thinking something that having my rdm at 75 could benifit from, like BLM cause of gear, or BLU cause i have savage blade. Blm- imo, it doesnt look fun to me, and Blu looks intresting but its a lot of work between lvls to keep up with all the blu spells.... a LOT @.@;

I was lvling sam, and had fun with it, but i hear id need rng as a sub, which is like....meh....no thanks. I was considering Thf, i had fun with that too, but i "hear" they dont do much endgame, and it doesnt seem like to much of a capable job.

I was thinking of nin, but thats really expensive. I was thinking of Whm, but thats damn close to Rdm, and im looking for something slightly differnet. War is ok, but there is like 300+ war's on the server at any time. I stopped my mnk at 50 from bordom too. Im never doing Smn cause exp pts use them as a whm, doesnt look fun. Then i was thinking of Drk, but there are a lot of drks and many ppl ruin the reputation, and inv come sloooooooow. Brd seems ok, but its a support role like rdm, i dunno if i want 150 lvls of support jobs. And cor? i dont really like a job being based of luck.

Right now, if i want to leave rdm(all ive been doing is meriting like crazy, and helping ls members a lot, oh, and getting a joyeuse) the jobs id want to pick would be SAM, THF, BLU, DRK I dont really wanna be confined to RDM forever... i mean i do like the job, can anyone give me advice or help me out? it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Next job confusion @_@;;

I should have just stopped reading when you called DRG a 'gimp' job.

Either way, play a job you like to play. Don't play based off of how many there are or what others think of the job.

If you like SAM then stick with it. WAR and THF are perfectly viable subs for it. You don't need to sub RNG for it by any means, but it is an alright sub if you like Archery skills.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

yes, i didnt mean/want to insult anyone when i said DRG and PUP is a gimp job, thats why i put IMO= In my opinion. Everyone has opinions about jobs and thats just mine. I have see good drgs, and bad drgs, it doesnt change my outlook, i mean, ya do what ya want ^^. play drg, play pup, only way you are actually gimped is if your SJ is underlvled.

But i cant help it, to me, its just gimped, no offense to the players.

Comment

Corsair is a pretty well balanced job, not very often played, and tons of fun. Maybe try that?

Icemage

Comment

So far, I think BLM is pretty fun (if other party members SC ><). However, maybe after playing RDM, a melee class would be a good change of pace?
          Character: Bricklayer
          Server: Ramuh
          31 RDM/ 23 BLM/ 20 WHM

Comment

Only two you didn't say anything about, are Paladin and Beastmaster. Paladin may have a harder time getting to 75, but its highly useful in endgame.
            Also, don't not level a job just because you don't like the subjobs associated with it. 37 levels of RNG is easy, and will make your endgame SAM all the more useful. Also, /RNG is situational for SAM. Unless you plan on getting SAM to 75 and that being your new main, then it probably won't be that huge of a deal to not have it.
            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I suggest you give Thief a try. I started playing it a little bit and I like it. A nice change from BLM. I think my next job I do anything with will be Thief.

Heck give Beastmaster a try, it's fun to play while chatting with the LS.
              Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
              I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

I was kind of in the same boat when my SMN hit 75. I took BLM to 44 but was kinda getting tired of playing mage class jobs, took my WHM to 44 before I mained SMN. While I was playing SMN I got into crafting pretty heavy, 82 cloth, 31 gold, 21 leather. I'd tried to farm as much as I could for these crafts but at times it seemed really slow. I had taken THF to 21 a long time ago and wasn't really impressed with the job, until now. I am actually having a lot of fun playing THF, only 1k atm til I can SATA, which has gotten me really excited bout the job, I might just take this job to 75 next. I guess my advice to you would be, before you count a job out as one you would play as your next main try playing it first, and don't just take it through the dunes before you decide wether or not its for you, at a minimum go to 30. I started THF again so I will be able to farm more efficiently, and I'm actually having so much fun with it I might just stick with it for a long time, or atleast til I need to lvl subs for it again.

Comment

A lot of jobs in FFXI show their potential late.

Here are some jobs that reach important spells and skills late:
                  Red Mage (41, Refresh)
                  Ninja (37, Utsusemi: Ni)
                  Summoner (70, Level 70 Bloodpacts)
                  Thief (30, Trick Attack)
                  Bard (55, Mage's Ballad II)
                  Samurai (30, Meditate)
                  Beastmaster (35, Leave)
                  Blue Mage (40, Chain Affinity)

Icemage

Comment

Thank you icemage, you always help me out lol =D

anywas i didnt mention pld because im good friends with a few plds and they have to me at least some uber gear(Konieg? yes please) i feel as if i could never reach that plane, so im not even going there. And bst? my bst is 17(or 18? i dont remember lol) i was having fun with it at first, but man...its lonly and kinda slow lol.

Anyways i tried thf again for the hell of it and im having a lot of fun ^^ i guess i can bear with the bad inv for thf and keep lvling it. Just need a AF guide and im set

Comment

anywas i didnt mention pld because im good friends with a few plds and they have to me at least some uber gear(Konieg? yes please) i feel as if i could never reach that plane, so im not even going there. And bst? my bst is 17(or 18? i dont remember lol) i was having fun with it at first, but man...its lonly and kinda slow lol.
                      From a practical standpoint Koenig isn't very good, and EVERY job has uber gear that is hard to get. Why is PLD any different?

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                        From a practical standpoint Koenig isn't very good, and EVERY job has uber gear that is hard to get. Why is PLD any different?
                        Seriously? I've been told by many endgame PLD's that its the best for the HNM scene. All the VIT and HP bonuses make it indispensable. Whats changed in the last year to make it impractical?
                        I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                          Koenig is extremely good (I have several PLDs in my LS who have complete Koenig sets and I can tell you it makes a very visible difference in effectiveness). Where did you get the idea that it isn't?

Icemage

Comment

Yeah I really want to get Koenig, but apart from the head and hands, it's out of my reach. =(

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

Working...
                            X