what job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what job?

Which job keeps you busy all the time? like always doing something. never just sitting there waiting.
    Last edited by neighbortaru; 08-05-2006, 07:56 AM. Reason: merged threads
    Some day i will rule vana'diel!

Re: a busy job

Red Mage!
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage
      Red Mage!
      Ding Ding Ding Winner!!!!!
      I fire up the grill.

Lighter fluid, lighter fluid, lighter fluid.

[GM]Dave>> FIRAGA III!!!

I pretend not to notice Susan shaking her head as I throw the match

Originally posted by Mog
      holy shit, apparently crazy is contageous. I turned his brain into the mind of a bulldog! nOO!!

Comment

Bard too?

Comment

I have to agree, RDM seems to need constant attention. I would also go with WHM or BRD.
          *Under Construction*

Comment

BST... although it keeps you busy solo, not in a party. BST is always doing something even though it may seem they're just resting MP. If you see a BST somewhere resting MP while his/her Pet fights, chances are they're doing something else. This can be anything as minute as /checking local mobs to figure out where their Pet or prey is going to come from, to checking widescan, to making sure their actions are detrimental to any passer-bys or a party EXPing near them or trying to figure out how to keep their EXP Chain going. A BST's mind is always in overdrive, or at least it should be.

This might be not what you were looking, but, mentally, a BST is always thinking, ploting and strategizing their next move to maximize their EXP.

Sig created by THE Cesario.

Comment

MONK!

r..right? XD

Comment

what job?

i cant decide on a job. i want to deal dd. i like to help the party out. i want to always be pressing buttons. i want a job that will keep me busy.
                Last edited by neighbortaru; 08-05-2006, 07:56 AM. Reason: merged threads
                Some day i will rule vana'diel!

Comment

Re: what job?

BLU - Can debuff monsters, can do some pretty good damage, and casts a lot of spells as their main source of damage, as well as being able to skillchain with themselves and even magic burst off of their own skillchain.

DRK - A much more active job than what it used to be, thanks to absorb-TP. Is a damage dealing class with a bit of magic involved.

RNG - Always hitting that "/ra <t>" macro to shoot an arrow/bolt/bullet. If you use crossbows, you can lower the monster's accuracy and DEF stats, helping the party out, as well as being a good damage dealer. You'll also be asked to pull monsters from where they spawn to your party, leaving you little time to take a break.

NIN - Very active job, but has a very high cost in tools. They can debuff monsters with their spells, and are often asked to be the tank of the party, the one that the monster is actively trying to kill first.

PLD - Not very heavy in the damage dealing department usually, but they do do a bit of damage. They're the definition of a tank. They help the party out by keeping the monster's attention on them while taking less damage than most jobs take. They're also able to cure themselves and others, and even cover people, similar to how it was done with Cecil in FFIV.

THF - Another job that's asked to pull monsters to the party often. They help the party out by helping the tanks keep hate better. They also make some really powerful weapon skills.

COR - A sort of RNG/BRD hybrid. They shoot things with their guns, doing a decent amount of damage. They also buff the party with their dice rolls and are capable of pulling monsters without too much difficulty. This is the first job that I thought of when you asked your question. The only down side to this is that bullets tend to be pretty expensive.

Of course, all jobs are worth a try.
                  Generic Info!

Comment

Originally posted by gabehm
                    i cant decide on a job. i want to deal dd. i like to help the party out. i want to always be pressing buttons. i want a job that will keep me busy.
                    Choose Corsair.

Icemage

Comment

Cor is the best fit for your qualifications of dealing damage, helping the party, and staying busy.
                      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Monk keeps you busy by allowing you the honor of eating 1400 damage sickle slashes while exping! Followed by the sound of the healer having a heartattack.

I already answered your other topic with a similar question, so this will be short. If damage dealing isn't a big issue and you just want to be busy, I'd say add BRD and RDM to my list. They're both pretty busy.

Maybe it's just me, but WHM never really felt busy to me. I tended to just zone out while playing WHM though. Oddly enough, people called me a good WHM. I don't get it.
                        Generic Info!

Comment

In order of busy-ness:

RDM > BRD > COR > NIN > WHM > PLD > everyone else, though BST gets a category all its own.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Tirrock
                            Monk keeps you busy by allowing you the honor of eating 1400 damage sickle slashes while exping! Followed by the sound of the healer having a heartattack.
                            lol. Another good heart attack moment Redmage using convert (sudenly seeing the backup healer hp go red)

Originally posted by Tirrock
                            Maybe it's just me, but WHM never really felt busy to me. I tended to just zone out while playing WHM though. Oddly enough, people called me a good WHM. I don't get it.
                            Depends on the pt in some I'm bored in others it feels like a rollercoster ride. If everything goes well its dull throwing barfira up as the gobbomb is about to throw. Erase to get rid of a dial. Poisona exc. While other times cursing as the blackmage decides he'ld make a better tank than the ninja, the war insisting on attacking the link you just Elemental Seal slept exc.

My vote is redmage as the busiest though followed by a bard that is pulling.

Comment

THF is a pretty busy job also. That is a good THF.
                              You have to keep the tank lined up behind the mob for SA.
                              Know other ppls TP for WS.
                              You will pull about always, so you keep eyes peeled for mobs close.
                              You watch alot of timers for Shadows, SATA, steal and so on.

Lots of ppl don't like THF though. Those ppl, of course, are wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X