This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Dmg class

Hi everyone im new to the boards and to the game aswell i just wanted to know what classes are good for high dmg in short amount of time ( i played a rogue in wow before i came to FFXI, so i like big numbers lol) and could you also suggest a good sub-job to help with the dmg. And i know this may asking of a lot but can anyone post a link to some vids that show some classes doing high dmg. Sry about the noob sounding thread, but thanks again.

Which FF Character Are You?

Re: High Dmg class

For quick burst damage, Black Mage is the way to go. No one deals damage in a hurry quite the way BLMs do (but you pay the price for it in spades if you do).

Other than that, Dark Knight, Samurai, Monk, and Summoner can all do quick bursts of damage under various circumstances (but again, conditionally).

You can probably find quite a few vids if you look around in the Video collection forum here.

Icemage

Comment

Don't worry about damage now.

Comment

Are there any burst dmg melee classes? not sure if i like the low life and armor BLM have.

Comment

Thf probaby. They can use sneak/trick attack every 30 seconds which boost their damage up for a single blow. These are also hate controlling tools.
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Sneak Attack and Trick Attack have a 1 minute /recast.

RNG has to be listed as well. With WS, Barrage, and Eagle Eye Shot, they drop a mob pretty nicely. WAR can drop some HUGE Rampages starting in the 60's as well.

But keep in mind all these big hits don't start until mid-50's or 60s. So at Lv.15 in the Dunes you're not going to be putting up huge numbers, so you'll still have to be patient.
            Odude
            PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
            RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
            SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Patience......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol i understand thanks for the info guys.

Comment

Rangers probably own the single shot damage with 2000+ side/slug. Of course rare of rare, crits + other factors.

Of course you're not beating a blm in light's out senerio often.

Comment

Thf full upgrade relic dagger on a weak-to-piercing mob. Still, very sexy isn't it

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by tdh
                    Sneak Attack and Trick Attack have a 1 minute /recast.
                    I assume Jei was talking about post-60, when THFs get Assassin and alternate between SA and TA every 30 seconds.
                    Dryhus, Elvaan male | Bismarck | San d'Oria 6 | Windurst 5
                    62RDM/60MNK/40BLM/37RNG/31WAR/24WHM/20NIN/19BRD/...
                    Woodworking 94.7+2 | Bonecraft 53 | Cooking 42 | Fishing 29
                    Smithing 29 | Alchemy 27 | Goldsmithing 21

Bismarck Crafting Services
                    My Skillcap Chart, printable on 8.5"x11"

Comment

no actually I posted 1 minute. Then I got confused any edit it to 30 seconds ^^ So that's my mistake.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei

Thf full upgrade relic dagger on a weak-to-piercing mob. Still, very sexy isn't it
                        I've met Cleen on a few occasions, and he helped me unlock Corsair...knowing his EQ, he can probably do more with regular THF WS. Unless that was a "Continued" Chain (Darkness->WS->Darkness), it's probably just for show.

By the way, fighting skelletons with Dynamis sized groups isn't a good idea. I would've had an easier time soloing COR

Comment

Knowing the physical damage formula, RNG is the most potent job to load highest damage.
                          The next job who can load easy high damage is probably DRK(all the attack bonus traits and those overkill damage-pumping JAs)
                          and followed by THF (since THF main SATA will convert all DEX and AGI to base damage, THF can simulate having very high base damage weapon easily)

pic stolen from KI

Well. this is strictly speaking physical DD.
                          I remember seeing 5k+ from Ifrit's blood pact somewhere on normal mob
                          Thanks,
                          Vrytreya

My FFXI Doc

Comment

Whoah ... is that you? Awesome job if it is Yah, RNGs can still output those ridiculously high numbers. A friend recently was concerned about her RNG, but I told her, just do your job and know what you're doing at all times. It wasn't a whup-nerf to send RNGs into the basement and I can still find good RNGs here and there that will just give even a PLD at 72+ a run for his/her money on hate.

DRKs can unload a good deal of burst damage as well, provided they sub THF to put the potency into some of their WSs. However, Guillotine is the only one trick pony for a DRK/WAR (Albeit a decent one trick pony in meripo up in Sky)

I rarely PT with THFs, so I wouldn't know how they fare in burst damage. However, seeing them in test parties or baby HNM runs made me respect them a great deal.

Comment

no, that's not mine, unfortunately

I wish I have osode now lol
                              Thanks,
                              Vrytreya

My FFXI Doc

Comment

Working...
                              X