Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaign

I am new to the campaign part of the game. I got sick of waiting around for parties, and my Thf has been stuck at 68 for way to long. It seems like a reasonable way to gain xp. Will my emperor band help with campaign xp? I have gotten different answers to this, I tried using it, but siince campaign xp various so much, I wasn't sure if it just happened to be a fluke that I got more experience, or if it actually worked. I don't really want to waste conquest points if it does not work.
    Shiva Server
    Crafting 60 all (Gold 55, Alchemy 90)
    Sandy Rank 10. Basty Rank 10. COP
    99<BLU><BLM><THF><WAR><NIN><WHM><DRK><RNG>
    95<SAM>><PLD>97
    75-90<MNK><CO905><DRG75><PUP77><BST76><BRD91><SCH85><RDM84><DNC75>
    <SMN80>

sigpic

Re: Campaign

EXP bands don't work in Campaign because SE doesn't want them to.

As for EXP its not that simple. Its a more complex formula which I'll leave to the math wizards but simply put EXP in Campaign is broken down into grouping of certain actions. To get maximum exp while soloing you have to take damage, heal it and I'm not sure if its figured differently than mage jobs for THF but I know that on RDM I was told to use different types of spells since the EXP is figured on each type. So if I say went in and only casted Dia on every mob it would cap Enfeeble and I'd get no exp for the spell after awhile.

Oh and you'll get more if you use Sigil.

Asura Server

Comment

Originally posted by fairyoracle75 View Post
      Oh and you'll get more if you use Sigil.
      [citation needed]

I believe you're wrong here.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

so that being said, am I better off to go /RNg than /Nin, since my shadows eat up much of the damage that I would be taking? I should bring potions, let the mob hit me, then heal myself? I have done campaign for maybe 3 hours total. Most of the time I use sneak attack, as well as my WS dancing edge. it would be nice to get combat skills from campaign, IMO it's rather retarded that you don't. Based on the idea of it, wouldn't it make more sense to get more skills in the war-like combat? idk, squenix has a brutal thought process.
        Shiva Server
        95<SAM>><PLD>97
        <SMN80>

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
          [citation needed]

I believe you're wrong here.
          That's only what I've been told by others so I get it and it seems to help. You are the first person who's told me different.

I'd love to see a study on it but I've never found anything diffinitve.

so that being said, am I better off to go /RNg than /Nin, since my shadows eat up much of the damage that I would be taking? I should bring potions, let the mob hit me, then heal myself? I have done campaign for maybe 3 hours total. Most of the time I use sneak attack, as well as my WS dancing edge. it would be nice to get combat skills from campaign, IMO it's rather retarded that you don't. Based on the idea of it, wouldn't it make more sense to get more skills in the war-like combat? idk, squenix has a brutal thought process.
          Honestly I've not done Campaign healing with anything other than magic for healing so I'm not sure how that would work. If you don't use /NIN I can definitely say it will help though. I used to go /NIN and got horrible exp and now I use /BLU and its much better. I've heard from one friend THF/DNC was a combo that worked well for them exp wise.

Asura Server

Comment

What jobs do you have 65+ yavi?

Comment

Just my thf thus far. Plans on bringing RNG and BLM past there as well.
              Shiva Server
              95<SAM>><PLD>97
              <SMN80>

sigpic

Comment

When I was leveling my THF, id go THF/NIN and get good xp. I'd say continue going that and use shadows. Shadows will help keep you alive, and DW will give you the extra hit in DE.
                75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                RANK 10 Bastok
                CoP: Done
                ZM: Done
                ToA: Done
                Assault rank: Captain
                Campaign Medal: Medals
                Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

/DNC is great subjob for campaign battles. Since you're not blinking away damage, it allows you to heal yourself, which earns points. It has a lot of JAs to use, which earns points (waiting for a wave of mobs to come in? Just spam spectral jig!). It allows you to debuff and even provoke the mob. I think if you try it out in campaign, you'll fall in love with it.

It is my subjob of choice for WAR MNK and WHM in campaign! (/SCH is great too, past 72 for aspir, sublimation, and reraise for jobs which don't have it natively)

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
                  WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

How much exp generally can you expect to get in Campaign? (generally, b/c I never did it before) And is it more exp doing it in the past?
                    | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
                    2/5 WAR +2
                    Farsha(85)

Comment

On my THF/NIN with full wings i was getting 1200 - 1600. I was there from levels 60-70ish.

On my 75 RDM, with full medals, I get 1600ish with my all time best of around 2300ish.
                      75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                      RANK 10 Bastok
                      CoP: Done
                      ZM: Done
                      ToA: Done
                      Assault rank: Captain
                      Campaign Medal: Medals
                      Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                      This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

It all depends on how much you cure, dmg you deal, if you raise anyone, if you debuff/buff/dispel/songs/sambas/etc. and there's caps to all kinds of different categories. Also if it's a one wave battle, or (the most ive personally seen) 5 wave battle.

I've gotte 4k+ before on my pld once, but i didn't die at all, and raised like 4 people over the course of 3 waves of mobs, I was /Dnc and spaming attonement @ 100TP unless I needed to cure myself. It took almost an hour though from zoneing to the chests apearing.... so .... 4k/hr exp. that sucks, but 4k+ allied notes is sweet ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Zoltar View Post
                          How much exp generally can you expect to get in Campaign? (generally, b/c I never did it before) And is it more exp doing it in the past?
                          On RDM/PLD, I am usually satisfied with getting around 1200-1500 in one wave of mobs if there are is a low to moderate amount of people and NPCs at the site. Same goes for BST/PLD, though sometimes I think BST/PLD actually gets me more since Flash is an enfeeble that never fails, barring outright immunity. And unlike RDM, BST's pet doesn't tank with Stoneskin; they actually take damage. Two waves, 2500 is a nicer number.

Either way, the key to getting EXP, for me, is to tank.
                          sigpic

Comment

I had my best results from /dnc on thf at that lvl. I could hold my own in an eva setup that way. I blew through enough bolts and sushi to make me take up alchemy as my main craft though.

Let me correct that. I held my own long enough for everybody else to arrive and rip hate right off of me.

EXP varied by how many waves rolled in. Generally got what Mezlo got for a single wave.

Comment

Working...
                            X