Dynamis - Valkurm: Nightmare Fly Enmity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamis - Valkurm: Nightmare Fly Enmity

We've been running Dynamis - Valkurm pretty frequently of late, and I've noticed some peculiarities in the behavior of the Nightmare Flies or more specifically in the behavior of the other Nightmare mobs that link onto them.

We were trying for a sac pull type strategy with 3 teams of two for pulling. Normally, when you sac pull, the sac puller grabs the target mob and runs with the train and the assist grabs the target from the train and returns it to camp. In all cases, this strategy has failed on Nightmare Fly pulls. Each time I do this, when my assist tries to grab the Nightmare Fly, all of the linked mobs go and kill him before they come back to get me. This has happened with the Hippogriffs, the Manticores, and the Sabotenders (which really sucks by the way). The links have even done multiple "hops"--linking onto multiple assists.

I was thinking about two different modified strategies for sac pulls on the Nightmare Flies:

1. Can a Summoner or Beastmaster perform a pet pull to separate the fly from it's links? I assume this will fail due to the "shared enmity" problem since generating enmity on a fly generates enmity on the linked mobs as well.

2. Pull the fly and die before the assist takes it allowing the fly to unlink and then have the assist grab the fly after the links move off.

How do you Dreamland vets pull Nightmare Flies?

Re: Dynamis - Valkurm: Nightmare Fly Enmity

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
    We were trying for a sac pull type strategy with 3 teams of two for pulling. Normally, when you sac pull, the sac puller grabs the target mob and runs with the train and the assist grabs the target from the train and returns it to camp.
    The saccer shouldn't have the pull the mob itself. Just have him put RR up, flee or powder boots, aggro everything, and have 1 or two claimers get the flies. When he's pulling the flies to group, the saccer runs the other way.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

That reminds me of one mega pull we had in Beaucidine, the puller used voke or something instead of just aggroing and the person holding the eye sort of lost it ... it took off after the puller too.

Comment

Of course this is a bit more complicated, but we just send one person out to get each fly, and they just wait for a clean pull. Nine times out of ten, it works out, other times we have some mobs to fight at the outpost or a dead puller.
        Last edited by Aksannyi; 06-12-2009, 04:12 PM.
        sigpic
        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Nuriko View Post
          That reminds me of one mega pull we had in Beaucidine, the puller used voke or something instead of just aggroing and the person holding the eye sort of lost it ... it took off after the puller too.
          I haven't really observed shared hate behavior on Vanguard Eyes. We use standard sac pulling on them often with multiple assists--Primary puller pulls with ranged attack and flees, assists grab 1 mob each and return to camp.

Originally posted by Mog View Post
          The saccer shouldn't have the pull the mob itself. Just have him put RR up, flee or powder boots, aggro everything, and have 1 or two claimers get the flies. When he's pulling the flies to group, the saccer runs the other way.
          So the behavior is different if you just aggro the mob by proximity (i.e. 0-enmity pull) than by enmity-generating pull (e.g. Elegy)?

Will the Flies link onto the other Nightmare mobs enabling you to do a "cascade" pull?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
            So the behavior is different if you just aggro the mob by proximity (i.e. 0-enmity pull) than by enmity-generating pull (e.g. Elegy)?
            Some mobs have really weird hate rules, and dynamis is no exception. This would be the safest way to do it with more than 1 person.
            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Working...
            X