Don't drink and pull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't drink and pull

So I got a merit party and it was going fine (the other SMN left, but that was fine 'cause he wasn't doing that hot anyway if you ask me) when the DRK suddenly announces that he has a hangover or something (he didn't even spell half the words in the sentence correctly x.X) He pulls a BST mamool and doesn't bother sleeping it. I can't cure him fast enough before he hits the ground (for those of you who don't know what that means, he died. Horribly.) He then did a sad laugh and said he saw it coming. At least he disbanded shortly after.
    At that point, I said in /party...
    (Eiyoko) Don't drink and pull. x.x
    Why is it that people play the game while drunk? Why does everyone try to answer my questions (on other forums) while drunk?
    Good grief...
    Has anyone else had this happen to them? And if the person doesn't have enough sense to leave, how do you get them out of a party politely before they cause too much damage?

Re: Don't drink and pull

As far as XI goes..yea I occasionally see people talking about being drunk while playing, although nothing ridiculous. While I don't condone drinking at all, I can understand that some people enjoy it, and just want to relax and have fun while playing, that's what drinking is supposed to be for, right?

In other games though...all these people talk all the time about playing while high. Especially DotA if anyone has heard/played it before. If they do poorly, the next thing they say is something like "LOL THT WAS SO COOL IM SO HIHG LOL"

Or something like that, but I think that's just an excuse.

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

I play drunk or high (or both) all the time. It's really not too hard to do. Sounds like that dude was just dumb to begin with. I don't play my main (PLD) high because you actually need a brain to play a tank job, but cmon, a DD job? Sober or not, it's pretty easy to hit auto-attack and go; also not hard to pull mobs while under the influence.

No offense, but it isn't your place to tell people what drugs to do or not do. If you're that uptight about it, invite someone else.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
      ------
      Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
      When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

I play and drink quite a bit. I like having a few beers while I'm in something completely mundane like dynamis or trigger farming. If I come home from a night drinking... I'll be too drunk to care about FFXI so I'm rarely on when I'm really hammered.

I think a lot of the time when people sit there proclaiming and shouting they're drunk, they really probably arent that drunk to begin with. It's just the attention whore in them coming out.
        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Haha...

I don't understand the draw of drugs or drink. Seen too much of the former destroying close family members, and tried the latter and wasn't turned on. Boring, stupid, or both, imo.

But if they wanna party or pull drunk/high, I really couldn't care less, so long as they still perform properly. However, I don't think you're 'cute' or 'funny' telling me you're high and/or drunk. All you're doing is making me think less of you, which has this funny tendency to make me pay less attention to anything you say thereafter. Odd how that works.
          "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post
            I play and drink quite a bit.
            It's true. He does!
            There will be cake.

Comment

Originally posted by Telera View Post
              All you're doing is making me think less of you
              It's a good thing people like me don't care what people like you think.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
              ------
              Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
              When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Drinking and curing rocks! Those are the best PT's when the WHM is drunk. Total awesomeness!

Comment

It's none of my business what other people do while they are playing, but if alcohol and/or drugs is affecting their playing, they have no room to bitch when I leave the party or remove them from it.

Comment

I use to do both heavily for a long time and though it may impare judgement and whatnot the game is about having fun. That being said i remember staying up all night having a blast drunk as hell with my friend playing ffxi a couple years ago and those were the best times I have had on this game. However if your drunk and screwing up and using it as an excuse why your ruining someone else's time than thats wrong. Also proclaiming how drunk you are is not "cool" like stated above its more like a q for someone to say... "ok great now do your job or find a replacement."

Comment

Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
                      It's a good thing people like me don't care what people like you think.
                      That wasn't a personal attack against you, because I believe that's my job.

DRUGS BAD ALCHOHOL BAD FIRE BAD

Comment

Fire is good if someone is dying in it.

Comment

I almost always play drunk... with POWER. Mwahahahahaha!

I'm mostly disturbed that people can never really quantify exactly how drunk or stoned they are. It's always just "so high lol." I mean, I need hard data. Are you four units of high, or five? Because I'm seriously interested.
                          Ellipses on Fenrir
                          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                          . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                            It's none of my business what other people do while they are playing, but if alcohol and/or drugs is affecting their playing, they have no room to bitch when I leave the party or remove them from it.
                            ^ that's more what I was aiming for thar.

Annnnd...

Originally posted by DakAttack
                            That wasn't a personal attack against you, because I believe that's my job.
                            Hit the nail on the head.

I don't get into internet drama fight lulfests. I have too many useful things to be accomplishing. Therefore: I tend not to be personally attacking people.

It's the people who *announce* their state like attention whores that I don't pay anymore attention to, largely because I think less of any and all attention whores, not just those under the influence. You got the 'I'm so l33t in mah gear! Check meh!' types, 'OMG IM BROKE GIV MAH GILZ" types, *rambles off*
                            "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

Well yeah, people declaring that their slaughtered is gay because nobody cares, but actually being slaughtered and playing games is the absolute best. And I'm not talking about just FFXI. I love playing Soul Calibur with my friends stoned. It really tosses you into the game and creates a much more heightened level of competition. It's intense!

Playing FFXI is very awesome when you're stoned. It's like you're really there man... @_@

Being drunk and playing just makes me wanna chat up with all the people, not necessarily declare my drunkatude (I am guilty, however...), but just chat about whatever. For one, I can't stand playing for hours on end with a full party of six of us killing mob after mob after mob after mob and the only things being said are "brb for piss/coke" and "no mp"...

Comment

Working...
                              X