Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: (yet another) Valkurm Dunes Rant

Originally posted by Coinspinner View Post
    I've never had any problems in Valkurm that I didn't also have in it's substitutes. At that level every job's survivability is poor, and WHM is the only healer with a heal stronger than 30 HP before 14/15/17. Wherever you go, people are still gonna be idiots about aggro, bringing a ranged weapon, and waiting for a Raise because they didn't set homepoint nearby.

I've never gotten faster exp in those other places than in Valkurm. I have had a far easier time getting a party together for Valkurm than Buburimi, Shakrami, or Korroloka or wherever. Unless you arrange it well in advance it's futile to even try, at which point they're not going to be much better exp than Valkurm and get crowded much more easily.

I've never had an experience in Korrokolka tunnel that was majorly crowded and the PTs that I would bring there were not planned days ahead. I've had 3-4k an hour pt's and we leveled pretty fast.

Then again, some people rather play in the Dunes and it's understandable

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaped View Post
      And what if I'm bumping old threads? If you don't want old threads to be bumped then do something about it. You have the little nifty color green on your title, must mean you're MOD of some sort, right? Use the powers that have been given to you. *politely bows to the all knowing brain*
      Technically you didn't bump an old thread as the last few replies before yours were rather recent. You just didn't have the reading comprehension to realize the specific post you were speaking about was more than a year old.

And no, she's not a mod. Mods have names in Red or Orange. The non-mod 'titles' under a user's name have more to do with post count than anything else. If they are a mod though, it will say Super-Moderator, Moderator or Administrator there. Other then being a jerk overall, I don't really see you doing anything a mod would act on. Regardless, you'll get a lot farther with people if you wait til you're here a while before you start telling everyone else how much better you could run the site.
      Last edited by eticket109; 12-27-2007, 07:47 AM.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaped View Post
        Of course they don't delete old threads. It's something called Archiving.

Why lock old threads when you can simply move them into the Archiving section of the forum where no one will be able to reply anyway? And all you can do is read it? You're the brain of knowledge right? So, use your brains.

And what if I'm bumping old threads? If you don't want old threads to be bumped then do something about it. You have the little nifty color green on your title, must mean you're MOD of some sort, right? Use the powers that have been given to you. *politely bows to the all knowing brain*

And my own personal vehicle for bitching? Darling, if I wanted to bitch about what a horrible party I was in, I would of made my own thread. I'm not one to hi-jack. Oh, btw, I don't see you bitching at others for bumping the thread more then once even if it was made a year ago.

Huh, must be some biased opinion here. Great mod you are! /clap
        LOL!

I'm not a mod.
        sigpic
        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Ok so let's get back on the old moldy and crusty topic. In a nutshell, some people don't like necro'd threads (personally neither do I) so they prefer people make new ones so that they don't have to read all the posts for 20 mins. (Ok this thread's point is right in the topic but thats not always the case.) Then the other side says, I necro because at some boards people complain about starting new threads when there is already one covering the subject. Hence they actually DO use the search feature which nearly makes one faint at the thought since a significant amount of people do not. How I would handle it is to lock the thread, message the necro poster and request they start a new thread or point them to a more recent thread to post in, and put up with any fallout. But since there is a difference in opinion about how this is handled, I will not. Both sides have valid issues so let's leave it at that and get back on topic....if we must...

/em hobbles quickly from the stinky necro thread, waving her cane wildly!
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
          X