Player Mentallity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player Mentallity

Ok, this is starting to eat at me. Been a while since I've merrited on whm. So I went lfp for as whm/nin, in hopes of not getting the typical crazy exp/limit points per hour parties. V.V; and I was wrong to hope that. So lead wanted me to change to /smn, a rare thing for me to get....(thinking in my head, joy bad omen). Before and after zoning to camp, the leader asked me to haste everyone, which made me say "Moments like this, make me miss sky" & he said, "Sky sucks and you lvl 52 and up faster" <.< Thats sad thing to say imho and i stated that as such to him in the pty chat, "Yea, but that gives us all these 75s that don't know the basics of their jobs" kind of ended that dissusion there as the rdm zoned and we started up.

Basicly its probally just restating the many threads here about new areas exp and such. But lets see some numbers to see if anyone feels the same~

Like besides the mini opening rant and such, how many people feel that such thinking is becoming too far out of hand? And not to mention its always the same tactics and such with no one experimenting for end game merits any more?

I mean also wouldn't you want a pty where even the mages to DD to 1, speed up kill rate, 2 come up with different skill chain combos, 3 just step outside the accepted norm?
    No, now let me tp burn for my godly exp
    8.43%
    Yes, and it scares me
    34.94%
    Maybe, just haven't noticed enough
    14.46%
    Ehh, this is old news, but still worth being concerned about
    42.17%
    Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Re: Player Mentallity

I do miss the old balancing PT set up. But in the other hand I enjoy TP burning parties too. I don't see the problem for Whm to sub smn or be main haster however. My main job is Rdm, I not only have to haste every melee, I also have to refresh everyone with MP, main heal, throw in some enfeeble, dispel, blindna, paralyzena and all other stuff too lol in merit PT ^^
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Lol, i do feel for you rdms. One of the best jack of all trades doing all trades in these TP burns. Personally if the main DDs weren't taking so much hits & wearing those haubs I'd be able to haste them all more and keep up with it like a refresh cycle in a good old beetle pty w/ 5/6 casters including myself XD. Just /smn just makes my mp go faster than /blm or /rdm because /rdm forces me to manage it tightly like if i was soloing or /blm for the lovely conserve mp.

The convental parties really had to do with knowning how to set it up so you could handle links/adds easily and being able to make sure everyone was at a confertable pace. These days these TP burns been more of a strain on pullers and mages from my point of view. More work for the ubber(and overworked) rdms and brds ;-;

Comment

Yea that's true about /blm. If you have AFv2 body or V cloak plus sanction refresh, that's 2 MP per tick already without SMN. Conserve MP from BLM might work great too. It's very unlikely you'll have no refresher at 75 too :O

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Normally I always have sanction refresh and a rdm or brd to up my mp recovery by 4mp a tick. Add that with blm subbed and i can manage easily since converse mp is really a life line for mp XD. /smn max i gotten was 1003 than that was gone faster than /blms of 900ish and a 5mp per tick doesn't really do a good job to make up for the recovery :/

Comment

I try to get out of TB burn if I can and I'd definately love to get sky on my current character, but even getting help with that these days is like pulling teeth.

I'd honestly rather EXP on the OTHER side of Caedarva Mire (Dvucca Isle Staging point). Lamia Idolators aren't superfast and easy EXP, but at least its EXCITING. I like the rampart camp near where Cerebrus spawns on Mount Z as well. Otherwise, I'd rather go to Lufaise Meadows or Sky.

Comment

You dont have to TP burn, lots of people still lv in old areas and you can make PTs if thats the kind of thing you like but I really dont get this anti TP burn attitude. Its gets you lots of exp fast or merits so you have lots of time to do other things in the game. I can do missions and camp more NMs now I dont have to spend all my hours on the game exping for 1-2levels a day past 55. Sure, some people are not learning their jobs but you always get that, remember all those bloody rdms that dont know how to use refresh effectively, now you just get melee that dont know thier jobs. People need to stop picking on the TP burn already.
              75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
              Woodworking 91.9+2
              ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Originally posted by Aeolus View Post
                You dont have to TP burn, lots of people still lv in old areas and you can make PTs if thats the kind of thing you like but I really dont get this anti TP burn attitude.
                Its the fact that nobody is willing to go outside of ToA zones to EXP or Merit now unless you have a static, are with friends that want to go somewhere else or are dealing with someone who didn't buy the expansion pack. I've never been asked to EXP in sky even, which is still a viable option.

The populace at large is simply too lazy to move out to ToA zones because (1) the mobs are easy and (2) the areas are much easier to get to.

The easy mobs are one thing, but the fact that Aht'Urghan is more or less a hub for all these zone is poor game design. The fact that we need a Tu'Lia warp quest now is kinda sad. You're already dropped in front of your OP warper if you pay the Whitegate Warp Taru enough. From there, you can use the OP to warp to Li'Telor and then call your raised chocobo to ride to Ro'Meave and take a short walk to Hall of Gods.

As for understanding why people don't like TP Burn:

(1) Not everyone likes EXPing on weak mobs, some of us like a challenge and to feel like we really earned our EXP.

(2) Various jobs are not invited to these PTs, you might love these PTs but guess what? You're a MNK and an easy invite for TP burn. Try seeking as BLM, SMN, PLD or RNG. TP burn is just unbalanced in respect to certain jobs. The current situation is worse and more elitest than arrowburns pre-nerf. As a result...

(3) We're getting players - Bards and Melee specifically - who are less and less skilled at their jobs. I've PTed with tons of WARs and MNKs who never break 1k on weaponskills and its because they come gimped and they rely on BRDs to pick up their slack on accuracy gear, as a result, the damage output of other jobs is gimped as well because they could be getting March or Minuet instead.

Finally...

(4) The fact that viable, alternative zones exist for EXP/Merit and no one wants to go to them is more annoying than someone not having the ToA expansion at all. I don't care how easy the EXP is, when eight to ten PTs are in EXPing near Azouph Isle and Mamool Ja Staging point it is not a viable camp anymore. Accept that and go somewhere else.

(5) Don't you find the fact that people need to ask what makes what skillchain when you go do to gods and HNM? Its like the only place skillchains are ever discussed and planned out now.

So basically, the people who don't like TP burn don't like it because its EXP at high level is broken and unbalanced. The complaints aren't "picking on" TP burns, they're valid criticisms and SE needs to address them.

ToA has been a farce outside of the new jobs, job adjustments, the Group 2 merits, the deflation and Assault. The missions are a joke, Besieged is so flawed and laggy its not even funny and Sanction encourages weak players early on.
                Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 12-08-2006, 11:43 PM.

Comment

I kinda like staying around ToA area just because camps are fast to get to. It does get annoying during weekends when camps area all corwded tho. A few weeks ago, my PT moved around couple ToA camps without finding any openning. So we went to Lufaise and the place was also packed with 3 parties. We then moved to Ulagerand range however you spell it, and every camps there are packed.... We ended up disbanding -_-;;

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I picked option #5 (the one where there's a blank spot):

Old news, but I have fun either it's a TP burn, Mana burn or regular setup, heck, even duoing with a BST. But I feel bad for players who don't like these changes, thankfully SE is making Sky easier to access so they might have a better time finding people for a regular xp party there again.

Kinda long 5th option, eh?
                    sigpic
                    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Omgwtfbbqkitten deffiently hit the nail on the head for the issues here^^ (/em gives all posters on this thread a giant pizza.)

One the topic about skillchains, I've notice this all too much. Either they won't, or they end up making detonation on the puks from the spamming -.-. Or when I'm on thf I try to make light or darkness by saving my tp for when a compaidle partner goes on their own v.v; Heh, even thf/war i can still make some good SC using Vorpal Blade.

The over crowded camps usually aren't the case for me, its just the heavy pulling merit party that wants to get chain 10 or over that ruins the zone. Uhg, last night during the pty i wrote the OP about....that happened -.-.... gave me a knot in my stomach seeing this. The kind where you see a nin in hauby getting 1 shotted easily by a skoffin >.< /cry. And even when most camps are taken ppl still try to move in. Mostly i think they just don't want to spend time and IS going to a different staging point. Which is kind of a broken version of our classic OP warp since we usually have no problem spending gil from home city to Zi'tah or Qufim Island.

And what's Uleguerand Range like? Only place i think i haven't exp besides the lamia idolaters side of mire.

For earlier lvls, can you say 55s and up getting in on this? Nothing but leyway point parties when I go on my MNK T.T;; I miss those crazy congo line crabs in kuftal, but none of the dds want to go to def boost mobs areas even with a debuffer in the party, espically other monks at my level area I've talked to. Its just plain scarey, considering the time it takes to kill these colibris average around the same time it would those crabs.

At this point, regular setups or duoing with a smn, drg and/or another thf is what i'm always looking for when i get the chance, lol

Comment

Glad to have something to do during maint.
                        Beast 69 Blue 42 War 36 Pld 35 Red 35
                        Thf 30 Nin 23 Rgr 17 Sam 15

Cook 100 Wood 52 Fish 31 Leather 30 Cloth 30
                        Smith 22 Alchemy 20 Gold 16 Bone 15

Comment

So the problem here is that now Blm, Rngs and Plds are whining because they can no longer do thier Burn PTs? Anyway I see lots of Plds when Im out meriting and just as many rngs, rng own for TP burn. They do 800-1k+ Dmg every second mob and about 100-200 dmg per hit on the first mob. The only jobs I see going to waste thanks to TP burns are Blm and they can just stop whining already and deal with it like we have for years while they manaburned. Manaburn still works anyway, just people dont seem able to make contact with each other to set some up. Parties have only ever been challenging imo if your fighting mobs which are way too high for your lv and you get capped exp per fight with maybe a chain 2 every now and then, apart from that the only other challenging PTs I have had is when you get people who just cant do their job then its a little harder to keep things smooth. Challenging does not just = longer duration of fight like in all pre ToAU areas, it just = wasting your time. If you want a challenge exp in the middle of an area with links and have brd sleep everything so you can chain to 200 in the red - yellow HP constantly (This would be in a ToAU area).
                          75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                          Woodworking 91.9+2
                          ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

The problem is, these TP burns take away the basic concept of team work that leads to knowning how to do your job right in party tactics. Which in itself a very small scale version of the many end-game activites. Take for example a Suzaku fight. Imagine if all you did was TP burn him, wouldn't end will espically when he hits Chainspell. Now lets say a hnmls that is made up of complete TP burn only people, they wouldn't get anywhere in the long run.

As far for blackmages, I find them more worth while in a TP-burn convental mix in the ToAU areas. Remember when I said i try to make a light or dark sc on my thf? Last time I was meriting in Mamoo Ja Staging Point, the blm caugh on to when i able to close the sc and mb on them most of the time. Which did increase our kill rate better than any normal TP burn :3 hehehe

PLDs and RNGs, gotta love them in the same party simply because pld hold rng hate usually and I can go a little wild by not subbing nin :3

Comment

Challenging does not just = longer duration of fight like in all pre ToAU areas, it just = wasting your time. If you want a challenge exp in the middle of an area with links and have brd sleep everything so you can chain to 200 in the red - yellow HP constantly (This would be in a ToAU area).
                              That's not challenging, that's easy. But try pulling if off in the middle Arrapogo Reef or Caedarva Mire without the mobs being Imps or Jnun. Try it in Mamool Ja staging point without pulling Sea Puks. Try it on Hilltrolls and Puddings. Try it Lufaise Meadows or roaming in Ule Range. That's challenging.

You're not looking for a challenge, you're just justifying the end result here.

Some of would like to have merits with merit, not ease. I just hope Alzadaal holds something a little more challenging than what we've seen so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X