This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auht Urhgan XP/Merit Camps

Well, people are starting to XP/Merit in the areas around Aht Urhgan. I've seen some amazing things. A lot of the re-pop rates are 2-3 min. in some areas, making chaining VT easy and worth a lot of points for both normal XP parties, burn parties, and Merit parties.

I havn't personally made it into an XP party, but the most common question seems to be "Where are the camps?"

So if you know of camp, please share the info! Give us zone name, POS, level range, T, VT, or IT, and how well you guys were chaining... I'd love to be able to play in the new zones and having some idea of where to go might help us all. So yeah.

----

Level Range: ~High 50's (Chain as VT @ Low 60s)
    Zones: Wajaom Woodlands & Bhaflau Thickets
    Camps: Just Outside Al Zahbi @ Zone
    Last edited by sevenpointflaw; 04-26-2006, 12:03 PM.

Re: Auht Urhgan XP/Merit Camps

warp to mamooja and backtrank into the dungeon > spiders there are getting really popular.

do you need to have assault mamooja active in order to warp there?

edit : nvm just talked to some NPC at the portal and he sells permission to use portal for 200 standing points. probably a 1 time use.
    Last edited by Jei; 04-25-2006, 08:56 PM.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
      warp to mamooja and backtrank into the dungeon > spiders there are getting really popular.

do you need to have assault mamooja active in order to warp there?

edit : nvm just talked to some NPC at the portal and he sells permission to use portal for 200 standing points. probably a 1 time use.
      Unless you're on a mission, yes, they cost points, like instant warp scrolls I guess, only other direction. If you're on an assault mission, its free.

Comment

any idea on the level ranges that these areas can support?

Comment

~50+

Comment

as 61 blm, enemies right outside al zahbi are VT. I guess 58ish PT can camp right there.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

is that the woodlands or the thickets or both? I'll update the OP with the infromation

Comment

I really would like to take my sam and nin 50+ pting in areas in ToA, will be like lvling on a whole new game^^

Comment

both woodlands and bhaufel mobs check VT to 61.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I've xp'd in a couple of lvl ranges so far in the expansion areas-

LVL 60

At lvl 61 monk, we did woodlands/thickets tigers. Just find a hallway type connection between two open areas where there are tigers/puks and setup camp. If near a zone such as an entrance to subterannae, all the better. Watch out for Marid's and those red Malboro! Don't melee Marid's they drop chiggoes if you do and hit hard anyway and have a special move that gives incredible magic resistence. The malboro's have endrain on their hits. >< Also beware of fomors spawning at night and aggroing to low hp.

The xp was maybe 120-160 mostly for our party. Kills were pretty quick though and I didn't feel were were really straining to hit chain 5. We were PLD MNK (me) DRG RDM RDM WHM. We had quite a bit of fun taking on fomor aggros a few times, made an attempt on a Marid, and ventured into subterannae to find out Quibrim Sp?) run away from you when they get low health and link their buddies or set mines! In all it was a lot fo fun, and there are many times we should have had some death but didn't thanks to great player skill and two-hour useage.

The one thing, is it takes real convincing sometimes for people to get that its ok to fight VT's and kill very quickly. That there are alternate gear approaches when doing so, like more +acc and eating meat instead of sushi, etc etc. Some benefits of course to partying in new areas are bulding up standing points and the small xp bonus from Sanction. Also, repops seem quick, like only a few minutes, very nice.

LVL 75

I also joined a JP party in Mamook as lvl 75 RDM. It was quasi-burn style. We were WAR/NIN MNK/NIN DRK/NIN NIN/WAR RDM/BLM RDM/WHM. We snuck around til we got behind an Enbony Gate. From there we wandered far and wide killing Mamool ja's, Puks, and Wyverns. Mamool's are strong vs wind. XP was in the upper 100's like 140-180 mostly and chains often brought it up to 220 or 240. Kills were quick. There was no shortage of mobs, no particularly bad AOE's. A lot of dispelling on some mage mobs was needed, but 2 RDM handled that well. I did notice tp moves to acc up and evasion up on some of the mobs which were promptly dispelled. Landing Gravity on the thfs and nins was sometimes iffy, and it really helped speed to drops some nukes on them. Unfortunately, the mage mobs seem to like using barblizzard on themsevles and their buddies, and bliz 3 happens to be a rdm's most reliable free-nuke. >< Wyverns have dispelga. Really enjoyed this party even though I didn't know what they were saying. Me and the other red mage overlapped a little bit but after awhile got into a good synch. This would have been really great with a BRD.

Also we did see another party killing Spiders/Mamool's camp style in some of the tunnels. I assume they were somewhat lower level than us.

Got a tariqui -1 (sp?) that I'm gonna get synthed later today. :D
                    Its a shield: def 19 acc +4 eva +4 and rdm can use!
                    Madrone Hume Female Leviathan Server
                    75: RDM MNK BLM PLD BRD subs: NIN WAR DRK BLU WHM SCH DNC RNG
                    AF+1 16/25, AF2 9/25, Nashira 1/5, Crimson 3/5, Pln 2/5, Yigit 5/5, Zenith 3/5, Shura 3/5, Askar 1/5, Goliard 2/5, Homam 2/5
                    Merits 384/506, Bastok rank 10, Merc rank 10

Comment

Originally posted by sevenpointflaw
                      Unless you're on a mission, yes, they cost points, like instant warp scrolls I guess, only other direction. If you're on an assault mission, its free.
                      Yes it's free, BUT YOU CAN'T EXIT OUT OF THE ASSAULT AREA TO GO EXP!

Also, spider camp in mamool ja is smn pull with carby only, or else you wind up with links, and links and links. Sneak and invisible NOT NECESSARY ON SPIDERS.
                      Hacked on 9/9/09
                      FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
                        from the zone into mamook that is right there, hug the right wall past the spiders, you will come to some mamool ja along the way with truesight so you have to fight them. eventually, after about 12 mamool kills you will come to a big wide open room.

past that big room is another big room. each room can support 2 parties killing wyverns, crabs, mamool, and those fly things.

not to mention another pt can roam the 12 mamools you killed on the way to camp, and another pt can do spiders. which makes for 6 camps with plenty of mobs for all.

Comment

Hey everyone,

I've been to a couple of the "new" camps. They're a lot of fun.

In CAEDARVA MIRE, fight Imps and Flys and anything else that moves. Semi-mobile camps at (K-8) & (J-7). I've seen 3 parties working here, and with the fast re-pops, it seems to work out fine. One pt at each of the 2 map points and one roaming around in between. As a side note, RNGs OWN THIS PLACE!! 2k+sidewinder was observed vs. imps.

In BHAFLAU THICKETS, just outside of the mamool ja staging point, fight sea puks and beastmen. Stationary camps at (H-9), (H-10), and (I-9). Due to the speed of thr re-appearing monsters 4-5 pts can operate here. At the northmost camp, (H-9), our party was NIN, NIN, SAM/THF, BRD/NIN, BLM, and RDM/WHM(me). I wasn't sure if it would work, but it sure did. We did chain #20 a couple times, for a 150-250xp/kill rate.

Also heard there's a manaburn type area in MOUNT ZHAYOLM. Haven't been there myself, but i was told the mobs are a tad strong to physical, and weak to magic.

Well... i thought i would make my first post a good one, and here it is

Happy expn' all,
                          Jebas.

P.S. ===> Wish i could spell. sorry if i butchered any words.

Comment

Working...
                          X