Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENM40 in Monach Inn

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ENM40 in Monach Inn

    That flytrap NM..how did u guys did it?
    It seems to be resistant to magic/physicals/range..
    However,there is a short window period where nukes seems fine...but it will regen back ASAP back to full once window gone..

  • #2
    Supposedly you have to survive until it's "Phalanx" like effect wears off. How you do this I am unsure, but the avg. battle length seems to be about 8-9 minutes. The only information I have found is on Japanese sites, but that wasn't much help since bablefish garbled it. I've only attempted this ENM once and the result was a loss because we did not know about the Hamadryad's "Phalanx". My guess is that for the first part of the fight you would want to kite and range attack it maybe until whatever point you become able to damage it and then engage and fight like normal. I don't know though since I have not beaten this ENM, so maybe someone that has can lend their winning strategy.
    Jaraude • Midgardsormr • KoolAid Linkshell

    Comment


    • #3
      Is it really that hard? Didn't feel that way when I did it :O. (Btw, first party to ever do it on midgardsormr yay). It had a lot of evasion and defense, but SMN 2hr helped and so did RNG 2hr. Too bad our other RNG had his 2hr used :X. 5 mins~, but someone beat our time . Damn RNG!

      Anyway.. uh... just keep on doing dmg to it til it drops . It cast a few weak nukes and has single target paralyze, did a sleepga attack(no spell) once(and it was a long battle... 2hr maybe?).

      Comment


      • #4
        To get past its seemingly insurpassible damage reduction and regen, you must cast the correct elemental spell on it.

        so have your BLM cast Fire on it, and if that doesn't work, cast Blizzard, then Water, etc... until you start hitting it for normal damage
        We're Doomed! The Rabbit will kill us all!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Ooo. Now that's useful. =)

          Comment


          • #6
            Wow thats an ego boost >.> I was such a good BLM that my party didn't even find it hard. You sure about that?

            Comment


            • #7
              moving to correct section
              It's Official Promathia Hates me....
              それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
              Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
              A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

              BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: ENM40 in Monach Inn

                Doesn't it cast Blaze Spikes on itself, which I believe you can't remove with a BRD or RDM in this situation. It's been a few months since I've tried this one, so I can't remember.

                TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
                Personality Tests

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: ENM40 in Monach Inn

                  i can confirm, after you hit it with a certain element it's weak to all attacks.
                  63/63 maps obtained

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X