RNG as tank?!
Ok, so I'm planning to do BCNM40 (onions) in a day or two with some friends, but the person setting it up is getting the following party:
RNG, BLM, BLM, WHM, RDM, BRD (me)
I don't see we'll have much of a problem in dealing damage but can we reasonably expect the ranger to tank?
Discounting Flood (for which I assume we'll sucessfully sleep or run out of range for) I've no idea how many hit points or DEF a level 40 ranger will have, and if it's unreasonable for the healers to keep him going.
Everything I'd read before seems to suggest that if you aren't using a PLD as a tank, MNK is the best (only?) alternitive.
any quick replies are *greatly* appricated
-jamison
Ok, so I'm planning to do BCNM40 (onions) in a day or two with some friends, but the person setting it up is getting the following party:
RNG, BLM, BLM, WHM, RDM, BRD (me)
I don't see we'll have much of a problem in dealing damage but can we reasonably expect the ranger to tank?
Discounting Flood (for which I assume we'll sucessfully sleep or run out of range for) I've no idea how many hit points or DEF a level 40 ranger will have, and if it's unreasonable for the healers to keep him going.
Everything I'd read before seems to suggest that if you aren't using a PLD as a tank, MNK is the best (only?) alternitive.
any quick replies are *greatly* appricated
-jamison


Comment