Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

/heal draws hate?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • /heal draws hate?

    Ok, so I go a little nuke happy and take aggro from a mob and the tank Provokes it off me. I retreat back to max range and sit for MP, as I won't be casting again until the tanks land a few more blows. Now the monster does an about face and comes to attack me again.

    Is the enmity generated by Provoke temporary, or does sitting down also generate hate?

  • #2
    Sitting ups your hate a small bit...
    It acts kinda like a switch in adding a constant level of enmity...
    not much, but enough to draw him if you've recently taken aggro...

    Kynósoura :: 新しい犬星 :: The unfiltered meanderings of djplaeskool

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: /heal draws hate?

      Originally posted by Coinspinner
      Ok, so I go a little nuke happy and take aggro from a mob and the tank Provokes it off me. I retreat back to max range and sit for MP, as I won't be casting again until the tanks land a few more blows. Now the monster does an about face and comes to attack me again.

      Is the enmity generated by Provoke temporary, or does sitting down also generate hate?
      Whenever a monster attacks a character (even if it misses), its hate toward that character decreases a little. So eventually it will get tired of pounding on the tank, and remember who else it hates, in this case you.

      I don't think /heal has anything to do with it - you already had some hate from that monster, so as soon as it worked off some of its hate for the tank, it remembered you.
      Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
      RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
      All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

      Comment


      • #4
        actually no, /heal does indeed gain hate. How much i'm not sure, but often enough after healing or nuking i see the enemy charge our whm/blm as he/she is sitting. Just think of it like this: the enemys are not dumb as a brick, they know what mana is just as we do, so when if the curing/nuking hasn't pissed them off quite enough, they see said person sit and go, AWW HELL NO! Because /heal means more mana, which means more curing/nuking.

        Makes sense to me.

        Comment


        • #5
          Dont forget when you sit that draws hate or an aggro =p that may have alittle to do with it.
          http://www.livejournal.com/users/zandria_/
          ---
          Dra Bmyhad Ec Toehk - FF7
          ----
          Final Fantasy XI - Zandria

          Comment


          • #6
            It seems FFXI is much more realistic with the monster AI then expected...

            Comment


            • #7
              It's like when pirana sense blood in water.
              Monsters sense a moment of weakness and they act on it.

              Usually, if something doesn't normally argo you,
              it will attack you if you sit down to rest.
              I don't think it comes up as much in a PT though.
              Rude, but not wrong. ;x
              Rank 10 Bastok, Rank 10 San d'Oria, Rank 10 Windurst
              'Rize of the Zilart' Missions: Completed
              'Chains of Promathia' Missions: Completed
              Treasures of Aht Urhgan Missions: #8
              Private First Class
              Purple: O | Brown: O | Black X ;-;
              Mee Deggi the Punisher: 1/1 (no help, no TH)
              "I Kill For Fun, Meng!!" - Tony

              Comment


              • #8
                I was very impressed with the monster AI in this game than other games.

                It also seems that they hate anybody who is more powerful than they are so anybody who uses invinciblity, is automatically on their hate list, for the remainder of the battle.
                Pure genius is the ability to convert thoughts to actions.
                -F. Scott Fitzgerald.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I suspect that's also the reason why /healing provokes hate from monsters while they're just wandering around. Seems like I get attacked every time I sit down nowadays...
                  "Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class"
                  --Choi, Hong Hi (Founder of Tae Kwon-Do)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Bees, for example, in Giddeus will not aggro you normally, but if you rest nearby, they will.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I've sat down as a level 40 something Dragoon and gotten aggroed by Yagudos in E. Sarta... Kind of funny, watching them rush towards their demise... >_>

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        lol yeah...
                        "Hold on a minute while I finish healing, I will kick your ass shortly"
                        miss miss miss miss miss miss miss
                        "There all full"
                        *draw sword* BLAM 800 damage.
                        (monster squeel sund) *THUD*

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Orc squeel sound is very similar to a dog's yelp...

                          So that's why those orcs in la theine attacked me while I was healing. (I was level 40 btw, I miss beta)
                          Pure genius is the ability to convert thoughts to actions.
                          -F. Scott Fitzgerald.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Xeross
                            they see said person sit and go, AWW HELL NO!
                            HAHAHAHA.

                            Can see a Crawler look over at a WHM sitting down and go "Oh it's ON now, bitch!"

                            and then all the other crawlers in the map going "Beat his ASS, muh fuggah!"
                            Alright.... who farted?
                            ___________________________

                            Obsydian: 47 THF/ 31 MNK/ 24 WAR/ 19 RNG/ 10 SAM/ 8 NIN
                            Anomalie: 24 GFR
                            Saetynn: 17 GFR
                            Jelloshot: 10 GFR



                            RSE - 4/4

                            NM Record (raredrop/enc):
                            Spiny Spipi - 2/3
                            Leaping Lizzy - 1/2

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Not just resting, but when your low in health and running around, undead can sense it and they'll aggro you too, levels be damned!
                              "We're all stupid, so lets go adventure in our ignorance together!"
                              http://www.cursetheyagudo.org/db/db....prof&name=Cade

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X