Beyond Infinity: Limit Break 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond Infinity: Limit Break 99

I thought I'd post here with info regarding the final limit break quest for those of you who do not have access to BG or the WIKI page.

Starter NPC: Nomad Moogle - Ru'Lude Gardens (H-5)

Level Requirements: 91-95

Items Needed: (KI) Soulgem Clasp

Time Limit: 10 Minutes

Title Granted: ???

Repeatable: No

Reward: Level Cap 99

Walkthrough: After your CS with the Moogle, you will recieve a (KI) Soulgem Clasp and the Nomad Moogle will offer to teleport you to Horlais Peak, Waughroon Shrine, Balga's Dais
    or Qu'Bia Arena for the fight.

Optional (See also: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED):Talk to Maat and he will send you to Degenhard for "training". Degenhard will ask for a Seasoning Stone*, Fossilized Bone* and Fossilized Fang*.

*BG has reported that these items drop off of MOBs who proc as at least DC but up to IT to a lvl95 character... and only from MOBs found outside of Abyssea. In other words... try the new mobs that have been placed for GoV. Reports from BG state that MOBs such as the Puks in Boyahda Tree drop at least one of the 3 items needed.

If you trade all 3 of them to Degenhard, he gives you an item that you can use against the boss. Reports say that throwing it at him makes him run around in circles avoiding you for about 20 seconds. Reminds me of CoP.

BCNM: Up to 6 people may enter at a time. Upon entering, the (KI) Soul Gem Clasp is lost. The time limit is 10 minutes and you'll be fighting against Atori-Tutori ???. EXP is lost upon defeat. Reraise stays after you have been kicked out of the BC.

Upon failure, you can re-obtain the (KI) Soul Gem Clasp from the Nomad Moogle in exchange for 1 stored Merit Point OR 5 High Kindred Crests.
    Last edited by Yygdrasil; 12-15-2011, 07:31 AM.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Re: Beyond Infinity: Limit Break 99

So it's a group battle this time.

Interesting. Well, at least it wasn't a rematch against a super-maat like I was dreading.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Please tell me this can be done solo.

PS > Please also tell me the final boss isn't Buzz Lightyear.
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
        Please tell me this can be done solo.
        I intend to find out.

Fuck that teamwork nonsense. If a Red Mage can't still solo the world, then we've got nothing left but the feather in our hat.
        Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
        Name: Drjones
        Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

It was good knowing you Cid. There's a video of a PLD being supported by x2 WHM, x1 COR, x1 BRD and x1 RDM... and wiping after 5 minutes. He was the uber buff god... and he went down like a sack of potatoes. I wish you luck. What a waste. I hardly knew ye'.

Comment

Oh that's awesome, so it's hard as hell AND mostly pointless.

Thanks SE.
            sigpic

Comment

Were you expecting them to just HAND it to you? There was a fight to break the lvl 70 cap, it's only obvious there was gonna be a fight for 95-99
              Originally posted by Van Wilder
              Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
              Originally posted by Taskmage
              No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
              Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
              I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
                I intend to find out.

Fuck that teamwork nonsense. If a Red Mage can't still solo the world, then we've got nothing left but the feather in our hat.
                He's gonna rip your guts out then feed them to you.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hexx View Post
                  Were you expecting them to just HAND it to you? There was a fight to break the lvl 70 cap, it's only obvious there was gonna be a fight for 95-99

No, I'm glad they made it a grueling fight. I'm pissed that the overall reward of being 99 is rather shitty looking at the list of job adjustments. The new WS are largely shit too, according to BG. However as I just posted in my new thread, in the next update lv 99 Relic-class weapons are going to just shit on everything instead of being the marginal improvement they once were at 75~95 (excluding empyreans which for the most part have been badass from day 1)
                  sigpic

Comment

Update

In order to access the fight, you only need to have 1 Seasoning stone. Trade that stone to the Moogle next to Maat and receive a CS. After the CS, you can speak to Maat who will tell you to go see his counterpart in Bastok (Degenhard - Bastok Markets I-10). Degenhard will ask you to bring him a Seasoning Stone, a Fossilized Bone and a Fossilized Fang. Yes... you need to get ANOTHER Seasoning Stone. Thankfully, they are only EX, so you can easily farm up 2 of them ahead of time and hold onto them.

(Rare)Fossilized Fang
                    Where: Dangruf Wadi
                    *All mobs can be found in the 3 large open areas at the far north of the map. Advised to grab page 8 in the Grounds Tome at the entrance as it's requirements are x5 Trimmers and x2 Gibbons*

Where: Bostaunieux Oubliette

Where: The Shrine of Ru'Avitau (Needs Confirmation)

(Rare)Fossilized Bone
                    Where: The Boyahda Tree
                    *All mobs found on the 3rd map*

Where:???

Where:???

(Ex)Seasoning Stone
                    Where: Dangruf Wadi
                    From: Trimmer, Natty Gibbon, Goblin Conjurer, Goblin Bushwacker, Goblin Bladesmith
                    *All mobs can be found in the 3 large open areas at the far north of the map. Advised to grab page 8 in the Grounds Tome at the entrance as it's requirements are x5 Trimmers and x2 Gibbons*

Where: The Boyahda Tree
                    *All mobs found on the 3rd map*

Where: Fei'Yin

*This list is largely incomplete, but these are the confirmed mobs that drop these items. These items will only drop if the mob procs DCor higher to you at your level. Certain Mobs fall just short of DC at 95 and even more of them as you reach higher levels (assuming you're helping someone else)*

From my experience, the Seasoning Stone has a much higher drop rate (around 1/10) from the Peapuks in the tree and a much lower drop rate from everything else (1/25ish).

After collecting all 3 items, return and trade them to Degenhard for your reward, an Old Rarab Tail. When used on Atori-Tutori ??? he will run around avoiding you for 30 seconds rather than attacking. It is suggested to time this use for when Atori-Tutori uses Hundred Fists... to offset the devastating damage. Keep in mind that his Hundred Fists lasts for 45 seconds... but the Rarab Tail only lasts for 30.

Testimonials have been made stating that the fight can be done with a skilled party of x6 pet jobs (surprised?). Many people are only collecting the Rarab tail as a precaution. The fight can be won without it. That being said, it obviously makes it a lot easier.
                    Last edited by Yygdrasil; 12-15-2011, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketaru View Post
                      He's gonna rip your guts out then feed them to you.
                      That's not going to stop me from trying it at least once.

I wouldn't be the Red Mage I am today if I didn't tackle stupidly powerful enemies just for the sake of tackling stupidly powerful enemies.
                      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                      Name: Drjones
                      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Hundred Fists hasn't been the problem so much as the back-to-back Asuran Fists or Victory Smite that takes the Paladin down before it shows on screen.
                        99 DNC
                        99 WHM
                        99 WAR
                        * 99 THF
                        99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                        99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Hundred Fists hasn't been the problem so much as the back-to-back Asuran Fists or Victory Smite that takes the Paladin down before it shows on screen.
                          So the key to winning is to run backwards while you fight?

Comment

Cute
                            Originally posted by Armando View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                              Everytime I do a fight like this, I never remember that. Thanks for reminding me Armando.
                              99 DNC
                              99 WHM
                              99 WAR
                              * 99 THF
                              99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                              99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Working...
                              X