• Show
Clear All

• A Shantotto Ascension Walkthrough

Credit goes out to the OP Eldelphia and the rest of BG

Shantotto Ascension - Order of the Blue Gartr

OK, logged in and heading to Windy... post up if you find the start
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Initial Cutscene is gained zoning into Windy Walls not via Mog House
    2. Second CS gained zoning into Sara (West works, East not sure yet). Says head to Qufim with an item in your posession.

Enfeeblement Kit of Silence
    Enfeeblement Kit of Poison
    Enfeeblement Kit of Sleep
    Enfeeblement Kit of Blindness
    All kits involve three synthed items from one drop and one synthed item. Each kit will also require a particular potion depending on which you were assigned.

Talk to Kuroido-Moido in the Orastery (Port Windurst) - 2 Bast Parchment+Inferior Cocoon + earth = Padded Box
    Talk to Faulpie in the Tanner's Guild in South Sandy - Pumice+Parchment+Dark = Fine Parchment
    Talk to Abd Al-Raziq in the Alchemist Guild in Bastok Mines - Magiked Blood+Black Ink+Dark= Enchanted Blood

The following items are not rare ex and can be bazaared etc so you can send a team to farm in Ordelles whilst another goes to Gusgen and exchange extras. You will need 1x cocoon, 2 x pumice and 2 x blood to make the materials for your kit.
    • Inferior Cocoon - Crawlers in Maze of Shakrami
    • Pumice - Wights in Gusgen Mines
    • Magiked Blood - Stink Bats in Ordelles Caves

The final kit is synthed... you must synth this yourself as it cannot be traded.

Alchemy - Earth?
    2 x Fine Parchment
    2 x Enchanted Blood
    1 x Padded Box
    1 x the potion related to the kit you were assigned (i.e. poison pot/sleep pot/silence pot)

3. Once you have your kit, head to Qufim Island and trade it to the 'Trodden Snow' on the ice on the pond at (H-7). You receive 6 Key items called 'Domina's xxxxx seal' where the xxxx is a different colour (scarlet, cerulean, emerald, amber, violet and azure). These relate to Ifrit, Leviathan, Garuda, Titan, Ramuh and Shiva.

4. You're sent to the protocrystals, defeat at least 3 fights (touch crystal after cs) and then head back to Qufim for your reward. The fights are called 'Sugar-Coated Directive'. If you do all 6 you receive 50,000 gil.
    E.g. Earth Protocrystal - fight is called 'Sugar-Coated Directive'. You have to touch the crystal twice to enter. Capped at 75 so buffs wear on entry. Fight was much easier than normal prime. Didn't seem to melee, just to spam a weakened 2hr. You gain 400 xp from winning the fight. After the fight is over, examine the crystal again for a short cs and obtain a counterseal.

5. The cs on Qufilm sends you to Norg and speak to a NPC called Andrause to get hold of a Black Book. Andrause is at I-8 in norg, up the big stairs and then turn left. Do some Pankration >.> to get the Black Book

6. Zone to Gustav tunnel from Terrigan... At F-10, there is a targetable thing called a Outcropping... Touch it for a CS and then a fight. The NPCs spawn green and you gotta fight their shadows. After a minute, they turn into fightable mobs and you gotta kill the 3 main ones. They are easy to distinguish because they cast Utsusemi: Ni, and have slightly higher evasion and defense, as well as hit points. Kill these 3 and then you get a Cactuar Key, some EXP and then touch the stone for a Cutscene!against 3 Nins?

7. After the Fight, head to Aldo in Tenshodo HQ in Lower Jeuno, then go to Ro'Meave...

8. Ensorcelled door at B-10. Need to kill mobs in Ro'Maeve and the Sanctuary to get the 6 fragments needed to open the door?

Ro'Maeve
    Steely Weapon - Ranged only
    Lode Golem - Magic only
    Fired Pot - Slashing only

Zi'Tah - will despawn once night ends
    Blest Bones - Magic/Cures
    Holey Horror - Piercing
    Skeleton Scuffler - Blunt
    9. CS in Full Moon Fountain
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: A Shantotto Ascension Walkthrough

Not terribly confident the info being posted up is accurate yet. As per usual, I'm waiting a few days to a week for the dust to settle, its too crowded t even claim some of these mobs right now and the drop rate isn't all that good anyway.

Comment

When I saw Mal's post was spoileriffic, I just looked away.

Could somebody please give me the spoiler-free summary of whether this is worth it or not, and why?
      Originally posted by Armando
      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
      Originally posted by Armando
      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
      Matthew 16:15

Comment

Could somebody please give me the spoiler-free summary of whether this is worth it or not, and why?
        We already know of shiney gear that is awarded, still too early to know if the storyline is any good or not, or if there is anything nice that is a bonus for trading keys to the Tenshodo chest yet like the previous two mini expansions.

In short:

Unless you are a Shantotto fan, wait a bit.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
          Show me one part where it reveals any critical plot detail or NPC dialogue for that matter.

And it's 100% accurate BBQ.
          sigpic

Comment

No retarded map requirements, final boss seems reasonable. Good enough for me.

Comment

Since when is anything 100% accurate on day 1?

We've only had like almost five years to get CoP right on the wiki. And just when we do, some nitwit goes back in to edit some superstition back in.

That aside, I've never really been a fan of quests and missions that insert crafters into the middle of them. Not that I was in a hurry to do these anyway, its hard to claim a mob for the drops in any of these zones right now.
              Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 11-10-2009, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post

°·-._.-·°¤.-º°`¨·¥|Kageshinhiryu|¥·¨`°º-.¤°·-._.-·°
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
                sigpic

http://guildwork.com/u/kageshinhiryu

THIS LOOKS AWESOMESAUCE: http://www.deusex.com/

Comment

Thanks for your insight. It was really useful.

Comment

So are self-righteous, self-serving, idiotic statements, which said reply served in one simple little emoticon. Duh?
                    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT IS MORPHING TIME!"
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                      No retarded map requirements, final boss seems reasonable. Good enough for me.
                      The 2nd mission is incredibly asinine. Last night was an absolute cluster fuck in all 3 dungeons with people camping mobs to get the craft items. The drop rates suck on them, and the fact that you can fail the final product synth is just bull shit. An LS buddy who was helping me last night had failed it twice.

Now, that's probably just bad luck on his part, but that's still really, really shitty to have to redo the entire mission from the beginning twice over.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                      Since when is anything 100% accurate on day 1?
                      Since it's been tried and proven and that's why it was posted (speaking from experience)

BG may be a collection of assholes, but they know what they're talking about (most of the time)
                      sigpic

Comment

So are self-righteous, self-serving, idiotic statements, which said reply served in one simple little emoticon. Duh?
                        Two wrongs don't make a right (and that's assuming I agree he's "wrong," which I don't; there's nothing wrong with wanting to steer clear of spoilers.) They just make you look like a dick.
                        The 2nd mission is incredibly asinine. Last night was an absolute cluster fuck in all 3 dungeons with people camping mobs to get the craft items.
                        Price you pay for wanting to do missions on the first days the content is available.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowHolyFlyingDragon View Post
                          I'm going to suggest you get to know people around here better before posting self-righteous crap. Yeah, people like Armando, YM and I were arguing stuff last week - but we can separate that situation from the rest of our discussions. Learn to do the same, you're still running around basing your view of people based on other threads.

Some people just think anything can be a spoiler, btw. Its not a view I share, but just showing where you go and what you do can be spoilerish.

Comment

Moving on to more important things, I spoke to some friends at Blue Gartr and they confirmed the info was good. And if there's a few mishaps, well.... be glad someone that wasn't as lazy as others offered up the info anyway. There's always different ways to view a situation.
                            sigpic

Comment

the fact that you can fail the final product synth is just bull shit.
                              Why?

If you can fail a regular synth, why not these as well?

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X