4-3 Mission questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-3 Mission questions

what the ??? are in all three of the Magicite rooms?

Re: 4-3 Mission questions

Huh? I'm not sure I understand your question, but if you're asking what the locations look like, you should be able to select the point in the appropriate spot which looks like "???" in your targettign window. Touch the point to acquire the magicite in each of the three locations, then report back to Jeuno.

Icemage

Comment

No, he's asking what the ??? markers are for in the same big rooms as the Magicite. When you actually target the Magicite it comes up as "Magicite", there's also a "Stone Lid" that are used in 4 various quests, and a "???" that I don't know what is used for either.
      Elanria (Shiva Server) Bastok
      75DRG
      55PLD
      LS: Outerheaven (Social)
      LS: SpiritWithin (HNM/Dynamis)
      http://after-cancer.blogspot.com

Comment

Oh, those. Sorry I was getting it confused with G3's "???" markers.

As I recall, there's a mission that sends you back to one of the magicite rooms. You also have to head back that way if you want to do one of the beastmen headgear quests. Other than that, I don't remember ever going back into those rooms.

Icemage

Comment

I'll ask my question here since it is the right topic title, even tho it has nothing to do with the '???'.

My LS (4 members) are doing Windhurst 4-3. Have already retrieved the Magicites from Davoi and Castle Oztrajo. My only worry is the two mobs we need to defeat in Beadeaux to get the two drops to open the door to the third Magicite.

My party consists of a BLM/WHM, WHM/BLM, NIN/WAR, and RNG/NIN....all level 40. Don't have any high level friends, we have so far done each mission ourselves.

Will we be able to take down the mobs and be safe? Or have to wait until we find a nice bored player in Jeuno with a high level and nothing else to do.

Thanks for the sig, Selphiie!!

FFXI Xbox360 user ----- BLM 63 / RDM 36/ WHM 42 / THF 25
          DRK 26 / BST 21 / DRG 17 / WAR 17 / MNK 10 / SMN 9 / PUP 4 /
          BLU 1 / PLD 1 / BRD 1 / RNG 1 / NIN 1 / SAM 1
          Bonecraft 63 / Leathercraft 19 / Fishing 7 Windhurst Rank 5

Comment

Originally posted by Lambeaus View Post
            I'll ask my question here since it is the right topic title, even tho it has nothing to do with the '???'.

My LS (4 members) are doing Windhurst 4-3. Have already retrieved the Magicites from Davoi and Castle Oztrajo. My only worry is the two mobs we need to defeat in Beadeaux to get the two drops to open the door to the third Magicite.

My party consists of a BLM/WHM, WHM/BLM, NIN/WAR, and RNG/NIN....all level 40. Don't have any high level friends, we have so far done each mission ourselves.

Will we be able to take down the mobs and be safe? Or have to wait until we find a nice bored player in Jeuno with a high level and nothing else to do.
            Considering the mobs you need to kill are around level 40-45, you should be fine. However, you're going to have to bring sneak oils and prism powders for, well, all three places.
            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Excellent. We were able to have the WHM sneak and invisible us through the first two areas no problem. I was just worried about actually being able to fight.

And the whole Muters/Cursers confuse the hell out of me from reading about them, but I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Comment

The mute/curse thing isn't terribly complex. The Afflictor statues (red aura) give you Curse status when you get near them, but they'll fail to take effect if you're Silenced. The Muters give you a Silence effect for a decently long time (more than enough to get past the next Afflictor).

I'd recommend bringing some echo drops (at least 3-4 per mage, more being better), and some Silent Oil as backup even for mages since you might be silenced when you need to re-apply Sneak.

The other option for WHMs or xxx/WHMs above level 58 is to just skip the whole silence bit, walk right past the Afflictors, and just cast Cursna on yourself when you pass the area of effect.

Icemage

Comment

Thanks Icemage, that makes more sense than anything I've read so far

Comment

Originally posted by Lambeaus View Post
                    Excellent. We were able to have the WHM sneak and invisible us through the first two areas no problem. I was just worried about actually being able to fight.

And the whole Muters/Cursers confuse the hell out of me from reading about them, but I'm sure we'll figure it out.
                    It's simple. If you walk by an Afflictor you will get cursed. If you walk by a Mute, nothing happens. To avoid being cursed, touch a Mute, and you will become silenced. When silenced, you may freely walk past any Afflictor and not get cursed.

Easiest way to do it is for everyone to become silenced and walk past the Afflictor, then a WHM or /WHM uses an echo drop and then casts Silena on everyone else. If you are low enough to get aggro, it may be more beneficial to go ahead and get cursed and get someone to cursna you. That way, you can make sure to keep sneak up. Silent Oils can help, as you can use them while silenced. Don't worry about low HP aggro, as there are no undead in Beadeaux.

At BLM71/WHM35, I usually just get cursed and Cursna myself later.
                    Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
                    I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

Well, an update for anybody else that stumbles upon this thread while doing this mission. At level 40, we had to sneak and invisible for the Davoi and Oztroja, mobs were IT at least.
                      Beaudeux (sp) was actually the easiest of the three. Everything on the lower level and in the tunnels were 'not worthwhile', and everything above was easy prey. The two NMs that dropped were really easy too, they went down in 20 seconds or so. We had to fight each one three times for four drops, even with a /THF in the party. However, the last one dropped 4 charms, after three out of the four of us already had one

Comment

Working...
                      X