AF Quests Help Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AF Quests Help Please?

Quick Question...... (kind of) what level do you start the AF quests at, and are they soloable, or do they need group help? I'm rather hoping they are soloable, because it's not very easy to get others to help you with things when needed.

I finally managed to get a small group to help me out with the big dragon in Balga's Dais (just off Giddeus) for the Journey Abroad mission about 4-5 weeks ago, and it was months, and months and months before I got to do that.

I'm now onto the Jeuno mission where you have to grab a group to venture round Delkfutt's Tower at Qufim Island. Click Here God knows how long I will have to wait to do that one! *sigh!*

Anyway..... I'm not really in a big hurry to do it right now. I'm just interested in whether or not I will need a group for AF, and what level.
    In particular, I'm asking for my WHM, which is currently my highest job level.

Oh, and, also...... do all jobs in FFXl get AF armour, or is it only certain ones?
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    C('')('')

Re: AF Quests Help Please?

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
    Quick Question...... (kind of) what level do you start the AF quests at, and are they soloable, or do they need group help? I'm rather hoping they are soloable, because it's not very easy to get others to help you with things when needed.
    AF weapon at 40, the rest at 50. For soloing it depends on what your highest level is, but since your asking, probably not.
    In particular, I'm asking for my WHM, which is currently my highest job level.
    Oh, and, also...... do all jobs in FFXl get AF armour, or is it only certain ones?
    Definitely no soloing. Yes all jobs get AF.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

It needs to be noted that, if it took you 2+ years to get to level 30, it might be... ahem... a while before you need to worry about artifact armor (or even the artifact weapons).

If you're level 60+ you can solo pretty much any of the level 40 AF weaponry.

At 70+ you can likely solo the first piece of AF armor.

At 75 you can solo for the keys necessary for two of the remaining 4 pieces of armor.

The last two pieces of AF armor require NM fights that aren't soloable by pretty much anyone (with a few ultra-rare exceptions of amazing players doing the unthinkable).

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
        The last two pieces of AF armor require NM fights that aren't soloable by pretty much anyone (with a few ultra-rare exceptions of amazing players doing the unthinkable).
        And it bloody well seems that these people magically "disappear" from Seraph.

I used to know somebody who was crazy enough to take on group ENM's solo, but he was one of a kind, and could actually pull them off. Amazing guy.....but yeah. Gone.

On topic, you will need help farming your keys and taking on the NM. Sorry, that's just how it goes. No exceptions! When your main job gets up, you could possibly solo the keys, depending on the job and the circumstances.
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Okay, so I'll probably wait til I hit 60 to get the AF weapons, but level 75..... NO WAY HOSEE!! How DAMN pointless that sounds!
          My decision is that when I hit LvL 75, (probably be my WHM, since it's a few more levels in front of my other jobs) I'm going to sell all my gear and weapons e.t.c for that level, and strip my WHM completely naked of ABSOLUTELY EVRYTHING!
          This is so that I can free up some space in my inventory and mog house, then I will start a completely new job (obviously starting at LvL 1) and start buying new gear. (equipment and weapons e.t.c) So at LvL 75, I will simply just start a new job, though I haven't made my mind up which one as yet. It might be an advanced job, or it might just be one of the starting jobs.

But the way I see things right now..... I just don't have the space to buy more equipment for new jobs! I have four jobs going, and even with the gobbie-bag quests, and mog house quests, I still won't have the space for anymore jobs! So like I said...... I will get rid of my WHM equipment at LvL 75 to start a new job! Therefore, I don't see that there is any point at all in trying to get new AF armour at LvL 75!

The WHOLE THING is just too DARN pointless! Well apart from the AF weapons bit at least!
          Last edited by Snowball; 11-04-2006, 11:47 PM.
          (\ /)
          ( . .)
          C('')('')

Comment

I've thrown away all four AF weapons I've acquired thus far, and haven't regretted it once. The only reason I even bothered with them was because you have to clear those quests to activate the AF armor quests.

What exactly is the problem with getting help with your AF? It's really not that hard to get assistance with AF these days, since a large section of the population is level 75 on at least one job.

You just have to make some friends... I know that may sound like a strange concept, but FFXI is designed as a multiplayer game; very few things can be solo'd, and AF isn't amount them. Incidentally, you are very much cart before the horse; AF armor is annoying to get, but you've yet to pass Limit break 1 and 2, which you'll need to actually wear all that snazzy armor.

Icemage

Comment

Actually, just wanted to mention that the Jeuno mission you are doing is soloable, all you need is sneak, invisible, and good old fashioned daring/luck to do it, plus a map of the place doesn't hurt either (you might want to bring silent oils/ invisible powders for those few magic aggro spots).

I would also like to suggest that instead of trying to do 4 jobs all at once, bring it down a notch and do 2 at max, that should save you a lot of room and space. By the time you reach 75, you're probably going to keep most of the gear you have, since you can use it later if you ever need to help people with other things, or just want to do things for yourself that you can solo since you are 75. Which armor you keep is for you to decide (throw away your AF weapon if you want, most are quickly replaced anyways, I keep mine for sentimental purposes only )
              Dignified Destruction 死ね 

NINJA-> AF1{o} AF2(legs){o} AF3(body){o} AF4(feet){o} AF5(head){o} AF6(hands){o}

NINJA AFv2-> head{o} body{o} hands{x} legs{o} feet{x}

Limit Break-> 1{o} 2{o} 3{o} 4{o} 5{o} (Maat defeated at 66)

Main=> 75nin. Rank7 Windurst, Zilart [completed], CoP [completed], ToAU 22, Merits:19 [crits +4]{katana +3}[Ninja tools expertise +1]

Next up!~>> SMN (I need Fenrir and Diabolos)

Comment

Originally posted by Seraph-H View Post
                Actually, just wanted to mention that the Jeuno mission you are doing is soloable, all you need is sneak, invisible, and good old fashioned daring/luck to do it, plus a map of the place doesn't hurt either (you might want to bring silent oils/ invisible powders for those few magic aggro spots).
                Something has got me thinking, about what you said regarding this mission.

You said that it was soloable. But how on earth can THAT be, when there is a big ugly NM to fight??!! (by the way, will I need a..... darn, I can't remember what they're called away from the game! But the're yellow, and are usually traded to a burning circle for fighting BCNMs. Can someone please remind me their name, and tell me whether or not I will need one for this mission? I've actually started throwing them away now, because I NEVER get a chance to use any, despite the fact that people keep telling you to keep them!) Maybe if you know what LvL this NM is, then I will either wait til I gain the LvL at which I can fight it solo, or otherwise I'll DEFINITELY have to try and gather a group for this.
                (\ /)
                ( . .)
                C('')('')

Comment

Something has got me thinking, about what you said regarding this mission.
                  You said that it was soloable. But how on earth can THAT be, when there is a big ugly NM to fight??!! (by the way, will I need a..... darn, I can't remember what they're called away from the game! But the're yellow, and are usually traded to a burning circle for fighting BCNMs. Can someone please remind me their name, and tell me whether or not I will need one for this mission? I've actually started throwing them away now, because I NEVER get a chance to use any, despite the fact that people keep telling you to keep them!) Maybe if you know what LvL this NM is, then I will either wait til I gain the LvL at which I can fight it solo, or otherwise I'll DEFINITELY have to try and gather a group for this.
                  Is it really so hard to find help on Fenrir?

Anyway, no you don't need beastmens seals for Mission 3-3. You only fight one NM, who is lvl36, though you may need to clear the area of other Gigas before you take him on.
                  I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Do you have a linkshell that will be able to help with Missions, Coffer Keys, AF Quests?

If not you should really look for one, if you have trouble approaching people ingame try looking on GuildPortal for one and posting in their forums.

Also you might want to consider focusing on one (or maybe 2 jobs). I know it can be hard to decide which but it will help free up inventory space and help you level faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                      Is it really so hard to find help on Fenrir?
                      Yes! VERY!
                      (\ /)
                      ( . .)
                      C('')('')

Comment

It took me months, and months, and months before I was able to find help for the dragon in Giddeus for the "Journey Abroad Mission!"

Most of the time when I try to ask in my LS, players are sometimes saying that they are either busy in a pt or busy with something else!

They sometimes say that they are busy, but can help out at such and such a time, but I feel that that is SO inconvenient because by the time they are ready to help you, (or me, in my case) you could be busy doing something and can't do it!

Anyhow, I found the opportunity a short while back, asked in my LS for someone to help, and there was just one person available to help me! So we set off to Balgas Dais, to try and kill the dragon, and ended up failing!
                        So we went back to Windy Woods, and I eventually decided to send a /tell to see if anyone else would be able to help out, and there was at least one other person available to help out. (which isn't a lot at that) And what happened?.....
                        We FAILED (with a big fat F!) again!

I think the problem here, was the use of the /tell.
                        Unfortunately you cannot send /tells right across the whole of the server, as I think it is only limited to the area or city you are currently in!
                        Now if it was able to reach right across like I said, then I'm sure I would have had more replies from other players able to help!

I don't know why SE had to cut this SO short! It makes it SO VERY inconvenient!
                        Then between the 3 of us, we thought we might be able to use /whisper, but then realised it wasn't much better either.

Anhow, this other player sent me a message asking to add him to my F list, (which I did) and about a couple of weeks later, he sent me a /tell saying that he had found about 3-4 other high level players who were able to help out with the dragon, and guess what?........

WE WON!! YAAAYYY!! *does a backflip round the room*
                        I bought myself a few stacks of mp enhancing items, (can't remember what I used now) but surprisigly the fight was so short that I never even needded them in the end. So I sold them instead.

To "Kafeen"
                        Thanks for the mention of GuildPortal. I shall try that out. Hopefully it should work, but I'm also on the virge of thinking that maybe I should try use the buudy pass thread to play on another server instead, if things don't work out on Fenrir.
                        There is already someone from anohter server who called me up, and we got talking e.t.c. (apparently, he lives in the asme country as me too, which is rather nice) So anyway..... I'm going to stick with Fenrir, see what happens with this Guild Portal. It sounds like a good idea. Hopefully I should get some help there.

Oh, and also, about the 4 jobs I have going.
                        I know that you can only use 2 at once, but I've come this far, and I have already got a number of levels going on each of them already. I don't want to abandom them just like that!

I started off with just 2, (WHM, and BLM) then in due course, I realised that drops weren't very common, and I heard that you could get treasure hunter from Thief at LvL 15, and I badly wanted to level it so that I could get that.

Then later on, I actually felt a bit jelous of other players who had jobs with pets, and I rather liked the idea of levelling SMN as an advanced job, (I like the idea that SMN is the only job with more pets than DRG) so I read up on how to get it, and I'm glad I do now! It was very difffcult catching the fire element for the quest, but I was very glad I had it in the end! And now I can't wait til I hit LvL 20 with my SMN so I can go do the mini quests to obtain the other pets too!

So as you can see, i just DON'T want to give up what I have going already.
                        So like I said.... when my WHM hits LvL 75, I'll sell the gear for that LvL, (or since it can be used by other jobs, I can give it to one of my other characters until I hit level 75 with that one. Probably be my BLM next) then start a new job and buy new gear e.t.c.
                        (\ /)
                        ( . .)
                        C('')('')

Comment

Working...
                        X