what server has more english players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what server has more english players?

Hi I don't play alot anymore and I don't really hate JPs but I'd rather play with someone in my general timezone. My sister still has the account and I could get on if I wanted to I'm just worried that I can't find anyone to help me with my idea of fun.
    Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
    (have fun MMO players ^^)
    Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Re: what server has more english players?

You should play XIV. You won't find many good players on XI any more. Just being honest.
    Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

What's your idea of fun? Realistically speaking, I think all servers are about equal in terms of equation--I suspect certain servers might have higher overall population. Yet again however, I must insist on inquiring your idea of fun. If your idea of fun is old-school content, then you'll be pressed hard to find anyone willing to do that on a large number basis, as most do SoA content and end up afking in Jeuno and/or Adoulin. The general response you'll get if you want a good old nostalgia trip to Sky, or whatever will be "lol, go solo it" which to be fair, is not far from the truth. The last time I truly played to any extent was about a month ago, and Abyssea/VW were more or less dead. I think there was some attempts to revive VW when they heard about relics/emps/mythics getting an upgrade but with no word in the past 4-5 months, that hype's gone once again.

Finally, the early August patch added new entry gear as well as buffing the bayld (currency) gear you can get in the new expansion, so that effectively placed a nail on getting armor from VW and Abyssea, unless you were looking for a specific piece as part of a macro set.

Once again, this all my basis of what you might consider 'fun', but since I presume your idea is not necessarily getting to 99 and then joining an end-game LS to do delves (I could be wrong, but your statement implies your fun is not the normal type) then you'll be hard pressed to find a large population of individuals willing to go back for older content. Although Melody's suggestion is not necessarily a bad one--if you still intend to stick with XI on that basis, my best advice is to find a LS/community that's interested in your specifics.

Comment

I mean, there's been a lot of forum people who ask these types of questions about XI in general and I say the same thing every time. The community on XI is full of old veterans who have...well, they've been lingering on the game far too long and don't want to put up with newer players in general. I had to duo/trio a lot to get most of my AF3 set which took 3-4 hours depending on what NM popped and what dropped. Over all, to me XI is a very very very large time sink and is good if you can afford to put time like that into the game itself, but for me it's just not worth it. The japanese midnights especially for PUP is annoying. Plus without all this "Newbie" gear and without all the new ways to survive it would take legit 3 days to get to level 30. But now XI to me is just too easy at end-game and if you're looking for people to hold your hand to get there, not to burst your bubble but it's not going to happen. If you can afford to do so, you should join XIV. The game already went through its testing phases and if you pre-order now you can get into the Early Access period until the 27th in which the game goes live all over the world.
        Heavensward Stats - Main Story: Cleared | Alexander Normal: 4/4 | Alexander: Savage 0/4 | Relic: Last Resort (Scholar) | Mahatma: 2/12

Comment

Working...
        X