Returning To Bahamut After 2 Years. Problems (POL-1160) + LS Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning To Bahamut After 2 Years. Problems (POL-1160) + LS Question

I know there is bitching about POL-1160 constantly but I'm not even trying to update the system live most people are for the new version update and I'm getting this error. Let me explain my situation...

I'm on Xbox360, I have Comcast Cable Internet at up to 25MB/s. My XBL gamertag and laptop are connected perfectly to the internet.

I recently came back from not playing Final Fantasy XI for almost 2 years. I had to go through 6 hours of bullsh*t to pay off past due amounts and transfer my POL ID.

Got ALL of that taken care of, so I think I can just pay for my content ID and play. I log in, go to "Membership" from the Viewer and it tells me I have to pay on the Square Enix site. So it boots me to the Log In screen and I get on my laptop to pay the monthly charges while I reconnect.

And now all of the sudden, SE won't accept my CC info (need to pay $12.95 USD and have over $500.00 USD in my bank account) and all I get from the Playonline Viewer is "POL-1160" now.

Reset my router/modem twice, looking around SE for answers, now I'm trolling around trying to find a possible fix. I would get a hold of SE but it's Friday night and I have to wait until Monday morning.

Any advice is welcomed.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I was wondering if there were any LS on Bahamut that are currently accepting new members? I'm almost 100% sure my LS has dissolved by now. I have an 80THF/40NIN so I have plenty of experience to lvl, quest, dynamis, etc.

As soon as I get these problems figured out, I hope to rejoin Bahamut and have the same fun I had for almost 10 years playing this before.

Thank You,
    Thomas

Re: Returning To Bahamut After 2 Years. Problems (POL-1160) + LS Question

Were you playing FFXI on PC or 360 previously, and did you replace your router at some point in between?

The ports you need to connect to PlayOnline (and hence FFXI) are:

TCP 25, 80, 110, 443, 50000 - 65535
    UDP 50000 - 65535

All of those ports need to be forwarded to your Xbox 360 (or alternately you could drop your 360 into the DMZ of your router).

Icemage

Comment

Re: Returning To Bahamut After 2 Years. Problems (POL-1160) + LS Question

I got it all working. It just took me 6 days of back and forth between my bank, SE, playonline, and clickand buy. should be online here within the hour. ^^

Comment

Working...
      X