2 copies of ffxi on same computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 copies of ffxi on same computer

I have 2 copies of FFXi. I have FFXI installed in my computer and would like to install ffxi on another hard drive on this same computer. Reason I want to do this is because my brother would like to play. We share same internet connection its just his comp doesn't have enough hdd space. Problem I'm having is when I try to install game it reads the game that I already have and instead of asking to install its asking if I would like to delete. So please if anyone can be of any help Id appreciate it.

Take The quiz yourself!

Re: 2 copies of ffxi on same computer

Why not just make a new char on the same account, or make another account?
    I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

How do I add another account

Take The quiz yourself!

Comment

(1) If his HDD is too small to install FFXI, chances are he can't run the game at all.

(2) To do this successfully, you'd need to network the two computers together and have him map your drive as if it were local (and the process differs based on what version of Windows he's running). You'd then do the installation and have him install to your drive that way.

(3) I REALLY don't recommend running FFXI as a network application. The engine isn't very optimized to begin with, and adding network lag on top of drive access is just asking for trouble.

Icemage

Comment

You have two options.

A)Buying another content ID and creating another char for your brother on the same account you are using or B) Register the codes you have from the other copy of the game and get a POL ID for your brother with them.

With option A you only pay $1 a month for the extra character, the downside is you will never be able to play at the same time since both your char and his will be registered under the same account. And you can only have one character logged in at any given time.

With option B you'll pay the monthly fee for each account but the advantage is when your brother upgrades his computer he will be able to play at the same time as you, since your accounts will be separated.

So, if money isnt an issue I'd suggest going B since it'll be the most convenient for both.

Edit > You don't need to install the game again, you can log on any account from your Playonline client by using guest login and using your Playonline ID and password.

So when you play you can log in on your account and when your brother plays he can login on his, but you wont be able to play at the same time till you are on separate computers. (option B)
          sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

ok thanks for the help Ill try option 2

Take The quiz yourself!

Comment

Working...
            X