Will this Vga adapter work. also anyone know if its quality is good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this Vga adapter work. also anyone know if its quality is good

Will this Vga adapter work. also anyone know if its quality is good.

This a neat little device connects your gaming console (supports any game console such as Microsoft Xbox, Playstation 2, Nintendo, Sega Dreamcast etc.) to your computer monitor. It allows you to switch between your gaming console and PC with simply the push of a button. No messing around with cables! No need to turn either your game console or computer off. Just switch seemlessly between devices. Simply connect your PC (cable provided), game console, speakers, and power and you are all set! Everything is provided that you need!

This VGA Adapter will work with any game console that has the standard video and audio output. (Red, yellow, white) This is standard among most gaming consoles. Make sure you have a VGA monitor and you are all set!

A PC is not required. This device simply provides the convenience of connecting your game consoles and computer to the same device.

This device will also work with the Xbox 360.

Here are the product's specs:

* INPUT: Composite video input, Audio input, VGA input.
    * Frequency HS: 15.75 kHz VS:60(NTSC)/50Hz(PAL)
    * OUTPUT: Monitor output (Most LCD screens do not accept standard VGA input), Earphone output.
    * Frequency HS:31.5kHz VS:60(NTSC)/50Hz(PAL)
    * Input spec. Y:U:V 4:2:2
    * Output spec. R:G:B 8:8:8
    * 24-bits (16.7 million colors) true color
    * One-touch key (On/Off) to switch VGA/AV
    * Adjusts NTSC/PAL automatically
    * Supports On Screen Display (OSD)
    * Function Compatible with all VGA cards
    * Connects with a VGA cable.

• 17-inch thin-film transistor LCD produces 16.7 million colors
    • 1,280 x 1,024 resolution, high 350:1 contrast ratio
    • Beautifully bright with up to 170-degree viewing angle
    • Designed for Power Mac G4
    • Fast pixel response; 2 USB ports

any input would be great

Re: Will this Vga adapter work. also anyone know if its quality is good

I think you "should" be able to find a way to get this to work I will also not vouch for the quality of the siginal. Nor can I say 100% yes/no if it will work. (hopefully some one here has more experience doing stuff like this)

http://forum.lik-sang.com/showthread.php?t=6019
    You might find some info in this post and also check out the Lik-Sang Vga boxes/Adapter forum for (hopefully) more info. Infact if this would be a good place to ask due to stuff like this affects video game importers quite often. (But ill stick with play-asia or ncsx if I wanna import games.)

But I found out the absolute best way to do this for analog monitors (vga) is with a Japanese upscan converter so you can use a Japanese D-Terminal cable for the ps2.

(plan on spending a lot of money for these two items.)
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-1ic5.html
    And you will also want the D Terminal cable or this is a really big waist of money.
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-n-49-en-70-1jj.html

Sorry i cant give you a 100% answer, but if all else fails just buy from somewhere you know you can get a refund.

Comment

Re: Will this Vga adapter work. also anyone know if its quality is good

You might try posting the actual model number that you've want to purchase. It's usually trivial to look up reviews on a product if it's been on the market for any length of time.

Icemage

Comment

Working...
      X