Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Suggested tweak to pld and whm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Suggested tweak to pld and whm

Sadly, those of us that are smart are still far, far outnumbered by the stupid and lazy. I personally don't think I (or pretty much anyone posting here) deserve to be sitting around in my mog house all day simply because 95% of the community is ignorant.

I definetely like the idea of elemental-specific stoneskins. Another fix would simply be to adjust the current formulas so that 1) someone with a devoted anti-element set of gear can get good results with that alone, and 2) a WHM with capped Enhancing can throw up bar-ras and get significant results which can be observed by casual observation. As things are bar-ras are ok, but it takes both 1 and 2 at the same time to make you go "wow!" And let's face it - noone's going to assemble a gear set for each elemental AoE you might encounter in an EXP party.

Comment

Of course you don't. But those people playing the FOTM jobs don't deserve to be nerfed just because the rest of the community can't learn how to think for themselves.

I'm all for buffing jobs, or creating new encounter rules, spells, whatever. I just don't think that going straight for the nerf is the way to go.

That said, this Barspell conversation is pretty interesting.

Comment

Only bar spells I've used out of habbit where barfira, barblizzara with barparalyzera and baraera. Rest are just rare situational ones only. If they showed more impact or have better dmg reduction, it would really make use of these. Inclueding making how much resisted based on users current enhancing skill so subbing wouldn't be effective, nor will it overwrite the active ones if any are.

Also I wonder if it'll be possible to add a party buff from DRK like a JA that turns their next absorb spell into an AoE for party members in range. With a higher chance to resist absorb-tp though >_>;;; But..., would be cool to see drks not be loldrk in pty forming/reps. Possibly another JA or Trait that increases MP/TP while Soul Eater is up while increases HP drain on the user.
        Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Edited since Murphie made the post I'm qouting and I may have come across a little strongly here...

Of course you don't. But those people playing the FOTM jobs don't deserve to be nerfed just because the rest of the community can't learn how to think for themselves.

I'm all for buffing jobs, or creating new encounter rules, spells, whatever. I just don't think that going straight for the nerf is the way to go.
          I should say that that is a very reasonable attitude IMO that perhaps didn't come across in what you said earlier. I agree that going straight for the nerf isn't the way to go, but something needs to be done.
          Last edited by Vyuru; 01-31-2007, 04:49 PM.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
            I definetely like the idea of elemental-specific stoneskins. Another fix would simply be to adjust the current formulas so that 1) someone with a devoted anti-element set of gear can get good results with that alone, and 2) a WHM with capped Enhancing can throw up bar-ras and get significant results which can be observed by casual observation. As things are bar-ras are ok, but it takes both 1 and 2 at the same time to make you go "wow!" And let's face it - noone's going to assemble a gear set for each elemental AoE you might encounter in an EXP party.
            Although you don't see this in XP parties (since you can pick your opposition for XP usually), the elemental-resistance build concept is very much alive and kicking in HNM circles.

All of the tanks in my HNMLS have elemental resistance builds that cater to specific enemies (Tiamat, Cerberus, Ouryu, Bahamut, etc.). When combined with an appropriate bard Carol and a pimped out WHM's Barelementra spell, this allows them to take truly miniscule damage from otherwise devastating attacks.

Icemage

Comment

Working...
            X