Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Will there ever be an in game salon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there ever be an in game salon?

I am wondering

Will there ever be an ingame hair salon?

I ask this because i quickly chose a hair style when setting up my character (in order to more rapidly join the game) only to wish there was a way i could actively change it, maybe even unlock new hairstyles via quests

Many thanks

Re: Will there ever be an in game salon?

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be possible with the architecture of the game set up the way it is.. Though it's a cool idea.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

In theory it ought to be possible to do so. From a programmatic perspective the major challenge would be setting up an interface - I am sure simply changing the player's model around just requires flipping a few bits on the server then forcing all players in range to redraw the player (the same way as already happens when you change armor).

Icemage

Comment

SE has talked about doing things like this but the ps2 is really holding this game back.

Comment

It's impossible for FFXI.
          Read my blog.
          ffxibrp.livejournal.com
          Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
          Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

It's certainly not impossible to change your hairstyle from among a set of possibilities that already exist. You just change the character data field that corresponds to the hair color or head style. Though changing your head is not really...appropriate.

Since each head only has two hairstyles (usually two different colors) it's really not something that is exactly "cool", but if they went and did a whole bunch of different hair models for each head (e.g. new "heads", but they have the same facial features), it could be done.

The basic problem is that higher variance in models increases load times as the engine has to buffer the new items. If there is a lack on the part of hardware preventing this, then the PS2 is culpable.

Comment

I would be happy if we could just change our hair color to the other color on our model or change our model to one of the other models. I'm realy tired of seeing my face on half the mithras I see, fomor style model, I would be happy to just change it to the redhaired version for variation
              One Windurst to rule them all
              One Windurst to conquer the others
              One Windurst to find the others
              And in mithraness bind them

Comment

Shame there isnt a way to change races either, but that would be going to far.....how I wish I was a tarutaru since I knew i would be playing Mage jobs..../sigh

Comment

it won't happen. question was asked at Fan Fest and the developers said no.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I just wish there were a one-time option to change one's name.

I swear, I kick myself every time I think of my own.

"Burningpanther"... what was I thinking?

Comment

Working...
                    X