Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

End game TP burns and ninja subs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: End game TP burns and ninja subs.

Originally posted by ImpactionActionHero
    I'd LOVE to see what would happen if SE did that. So many things would be thrown out of whack, but I think they know we depend on it too much for them to change it.
    Fact is, there shouldn't be a position where DD can unload enough damage into an exp mob to kill it before the mob can have a chance to kill them. Same way a party of tanks shouldn't be able to take down a mob that has a bucketload of hit points because they lack the DD capacity. Utsusemi: Ni gives this ability to people that shouldn't have it and allows them to perform actions they shouldn't be able to perform. Without Ni then the DD's would take noticeable damage and the downtime from healing would break up these insane chains. When exp parties are reduced down to a handful of classes for optimal performance it screams something is wrong with game and class balance.

Comment

I always thought, make Blink static (garunteed shadow absorbtion) and make Utsuemi random when subbed (but garunteed when main). Then you have PLD who have a reason to at least -try- other subs (/whm for blink), and while /nin is gimped a little, it isn't -totally- gone

Comment

A great PLD could outdamage a decent WAR.

A great PLD and a good WAR would be close.

A great PLD and a great WAR, PLD doesn't stand a chance. PLD isn't made to DD. Best thing to do, in my opinion, would be to make mobs which deal extremely fast damage, which depends highly on DEF. Like, a BRD's DEF would take heavy amounts of damage per hit, and with the high speed, would die quickly. To a PLD, it would be like a DC mob.

Basically, modified chigoe, and in higher amounts. Maybe make them like chigoes, but lv78, have their name on constantly, higher HP, etc, sorta like a Phantom Chigoe, but with a nice hefty EXP bonus (like, auto-empress level)

Just stick them near Dvucca or something, and traditional PTs might be able to function.

Comment

I think Maju understands the point you're trying to get across but the fact remains a Paladin DD is always going to be last in line in PUGs.
          While there is truth to this line, people, not even some PLDs, realize the potential, however I would like to bring up another point. You should change your wording to "the fact remains someone who relies on PUGs is going to be in line a party". If you are 75, you should have an end-game LS or a high level social and you should let it be your source of exp. Making a party with 6, or starting a party with a RDM WAR and PLD(aimed to DD) is a lot better than seeking for a party as a PLD.

And another thing, don't feed me the whole "I'm a higher level than you, therefore I know more." bull. I won't eat it.
          I don't need to feed you anything, your words alone show the distance from reality and your belief of reality. You seem to think that you are exping ITs or HNMs or something. Let me explain a 'melee burn'. You want the monster to die fast, you don't want to waste a slot on someone trying to hold the monster because he can't, you want someone who can deal more damage so it will go down faster. You want this (VT) monster to be dead in 30 seconds. You can try to role-play all you want. PLD trying to tank at 75 (in a melee burn) has about as much chance a NIN/THF trying to DD at level 40. PLDs are the best tank overall for HNMs, but there is no such thing as a 'tank' in melee burns. If you refuse to play with variety expect to be a failure as a PLD in HNM, merit party, and solo play.
          Read my blog.
          ffxibrp.livejournal.com
          Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
          Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

Just one little thing about "PLD can be a DD too" argument, I play PLD because I like tanking, if I wanted to be a DD I'd have leveled WAR instead.

(So yep, I stay clear from most TP burns when I play PLD)
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard
              Fact is, there shouldn't be a position where DD can unload enough damage into an exp mob to kill it before the mob can have a chance to kill them. Same way a party of tanks shouldn't be able to take down a mob that has a bucketload of hit points because they lack the DD capacity. Utsusemi: Ni gives this ability to people that shouldn't have it and allows them to perform actions they shouldn't be able to perform. Without Ni then the DD's would take noticeable damage and the downtime from healing would break up these insane chains. When exp parties are reduced down to a handful of classes for optimal performance it screams something is wrong with game and class balance.
              I couldn't agree more. A group of DDs should not be able to take down a mob that gives a significant ammount of exp without taking lots of damage themselves. Currently, anyone who doesn't sub NIN and thus gets hit at all is only slowing down the party. It's silly that 6 shadows are enough to juggle the mob around between DDs so that nobody takes damage.

Originally posted by Legal Fish
              While there is truth to this line, people, not even some PLDs, realize the potential, however I would like to bring up another point. You should change your wording to "the fact remains someone who relies on PUGs is going to be in line a party". If you are 75, you should have an end-game LS or a high level social and you should let it be your source of exp. Making a party with 6, or starting a party with a RDM WAR and PLD(aimed to DD) is a lot better than seeking for a party as a PLD.
              So other people can exp with pugs while paladins have to beg for exp from their LS? Merit parties aren't quite relevant for me, being only L69 and all, however, my social LS rarely has enough 75s online in EU time to build any kind of party, let alone a TP burn.

Comment

Originally posted by Maju
                I couldn't agree more. A group of DDs should not be able to take down a mob that gives a significant ammount of exp without taking lots of damage themselves. Currently, anyone who doesn't sub NIN and thus gets hit at all is only slowing down the party. It's silly that 6 shadows are enough to juggle the mob around between DDs so that nobody takes damage.

So other people can exp with pugs while paladins have to beg for exp from their LS? Merit parties aren't quite relevant for me, being only L69 and all, however, my social LS rarely has enough 75s online in EU time to build any kind of party, let alone a TP burn.
                That doesn't mean TP burns should be nerfed, all it means is regular parties should get a boost so they can be as efficient XP-wise as burn parties.

It's not that regular parties should be better or that burn should be better, it's more about any kind of party being equal since setups change a lot acording to the people looking for a party at the moment you are building the party.

You might build a burn party one day and then a regular party the next day, the important thing is having options so you can work with whatever jobs are looking at the time.
                sigpic
                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                X