Announcement

Collapse

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM!

In order to properly organize all the questions in to an appropriate list for the administration team to compile in to a list to be submitted to Square Enix, please post ONE QUESTION PER THREAD ONLY!

If you are not asking a question, do NOT post a thread, please take your discussions elsewhere. If you wish to comment on a question, or provide an answer to a question, please post a reply, but any questions inside a thread that is not the first post of the thread will be ignored.

For the subject line, please put one of the things:
A.) Put the question in the subject line and the message.
OR
B.) If the question is too long, put part of the question and then repeat the entire question in the post.

Please make sure a thread with the same question does not already exists, or your thread may be merged or deleted.

Threads that do not conform to these rules may be overlooked and not added to the list to be submitted to SquareEnix.

Disclaimer: Things subject to change without notice, especially if SquareEnix decides to change it on us.

Thank you,
AKosygin
FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
See more
See less

Are there any plans to make a Vana'diel collection available for the PS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any plans to make a Vana'diel collection available for the PS3?

That's it, having a PS3 Vana collection (specially downloadable via PSN) would be great, even if it only had 360-like graphic enhancements.
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Re: Are there any plans to make a Vana'diel collection available for the PS3?

I asked something similar but I didn't get much attention around here: Why doesn't SE just release the PS2 install disks for the PS3?

The rest of SE's statements said they weren't gonna make a PS3 specific version but I don't see why they can't just re-release a set of the PS2 install disks since they work fine on the PS3 once you've downloaded the PS2 HDD image....
    Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
    (have fun MMO players ^^)
    Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
      That's it, having a PS3 Vana collection (specially downloadable via PSN) would be great, even if it only had 360-like graphic enhancements.
      If I remember correctly, a friend of mine was telling me that Square already upscaled the graphics for FFXI on the PS3, so the graphics are on par with the 360 version.

Your idea to put atleast, the PS2 game in a new package for the PS3, downloadable or not, is actually pretty cool. No idea why they won't do it, but then again there's a million things they should do but won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowneko View Post
        I asked something similar but I didn't get much attention around here: Why doesn't SE just release the PS2 install disks for the PS3?

The rest of SE's statements said they weren't gonna make a PS3 specific version but I don't see why they can't just re-release a set of the PS2 install disks since they work fine on the PS3 once you've downloaded the PS2 HDD image....
        Because its a PS2 game.

Comment

No, because when interviewed months ago Yoichi Wada (President and CEO of SE) said there wouldn't be because "it would be better to put that time and money into making a new game"

So no, there won't ever be a PS3 port. What they could do however is re-release the game on PS2 in a bundle. That really wouldn't be too hard for them to do, and would be nice given that the PS2 HDD is discontinued and thus you can't even get a hold of the basic game's CDs for PS2 anymore.
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
            Because its a PS2 game.
            Not a good enough excuse as Sony is making more $$$ off of the PS2 stuff than the PS3 stuff right now XD

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
            What they could do however is re-release the game on PS2 in a bundle. That really wouldn't be too hard for them to do, and would be nice given that the PS2 HDD is discontinued and thus you can't even get a hold of the basic game's CDs for PS2 anymore.
            Exactly what I'm hoping SE will do and why I asked the similar question months ago. One SE rep was dropping hints in an interview about WOTG but it could just be wishfull thinking...
            Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Not a good enough excuse as Sony is making more $$$ off of the PS2 stuff than the PS3 stuff right now XD
              Sony != SE
              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

FFXI isn't going to sell PS3s and SE has already stated they're not planning anything else for PS3 beyond the FFXIII projects and the Last Remnant until PS3's sales improve.

So I wouldn't get my hopes up. The money is still in PS2.

Comment

While I admited to my own optimism in my last post, did everyone just skip past the part about the president of the company saying there will not be any more FFXI ports?

Much as I'd like otherwise, it's safe to assume they're done re-selling the game. At this point you'll have to just get it for PC or 360.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                    While I admited to my own optimism in my last post, did everyone just skip past the part about the president of the company saying there will not be any more FFXI ports?

Much as I'd like otherwise, it's safe to assume they're done re-selling the game. At this point you'll have to just get it for PC or 360.
                    Yes no more new "ports" but a collection of PS2 install disks aimed at the PS3's backwards compatibility does not fall under that heading. It would simply be re-releasing a version that already exists(Greatest hits anyone?). That's what I want to see...and it's part of what we're discussing here...

Comment

I'd like to see it too, but Yoichi Wada seems dead-set on not making any more releases apart from the new expanions. It's silly I know, but that's SE for you.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hiromichi Tanaka @ 1UP's interview

1UP: Lastly, when Wings ships, do you guys plan to offer a PS3 version, since the PS3 has its own built-in hard drive? I mean beyond supporting the older PS2 version. HT: You mean like a packaged release? No, with the version update now you can play the PS2 version at PS2 resolutions, but there aren't any plans to do a PS3 version in the works.
                        This thread just DIAF.
                        sigpic
                        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Yeah but 1up asked the wrong question...what they shouda asked is something like: Do you have any plans to release a collection of the PS2 installs since they work on the PS3?

That's what I want to ask SE!

Comment

I was going to make the same thread, glad to see a similar one on the front page yes. Please rerelease it for PS3 with some graphical improvements, bluetooth keyboard support, expanded translation support.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                            Because its a PS2 game.
                            No its not. Let's not bullshit here. It's intended to be a multiplatform game, from the get go. PS3 should be one of those platforms, not a half assed ps2 version with dated graphics, but one that takes advantage of ps3's HD capabilities, and compiles all the expansion packs as an incentive to migrate to ps3. They ported it to xbox360, a platform that doesn't have a huge rpg fanbase here in america (mostly an action based console), they' have more success on a sony console imo.

PS3 is built from the ground up with a hard drive and online capabilities, it is much more suited for ps3 than ps2, Square, are you listening?
                            Last edited by favian; 10-21-2007, 01:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

favian: apparently you've never actually played any version of FFXI.

FFXI is a PS2 game. Period.

Comment

Working...
                              X