No announcement yet.

Whats your Favorite Notorious Monster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your Favorite Notorious Monster?

My Favorite Notorious Monster would have to be Shikigami Weapon. Im 3/3 on that thing
    Here is the link for people who dont know who Shikigami is or what the NM drops
    Mob: Shikigami Weapon - Final Fantasy XI - somepage.com

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Turns out i dont know how to make it a Link sorry lol
    Server~Remora~
    Job: ~Blm70~ ~Whm37~ ~Rdm9~
    Craft ~WoodWorking~0.00

Re: Whats your Favorite Notorious Monster?

Hmm, yeah, Shiki is a pretty cool guy, he invisible all day and don't afraid of anything. Or something like that. Drops (still) good gear, is up reasonably often, but takes work to track him down.

Dark Ixion... hard to find without lots of Wide Scan, drops (used to be) good stuff, puts up a good fight. But people stopped caring after everybody started doing AF3 upgrades.

Cactrot Rapido is kind of cool too... I don't know what he drops, but he just runs around not bothering people who don't bother him.

But my least favorite NMs are most of the ones that were added in Nov '09 as filler for the Hunt Registry. Let me say that word again: filler. Quite a few of them aggro and were added near where people would level... or at least used to before GoV, ha ha. But almost all of them drop crap, either Synergy crap, or mats for mid-level (50s) gear, or something else nobody wanted even back when they were new. Typical old-dev-team "we know what you want, don't forget to thank us" junk.

There's a Nov '09 Fomor NM in Lufaise that ganked me the other day. I saw it out of the corner of my eye and thought it was another player going after a mob... then it started hitting me and I was like "WTF PK?"
    Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
    99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
    F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
    >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Notorious monster? More like MoBORIOUS monster, amirite?

I don't have a favorite.

Comment

Leaping Lizzy... only because she dropped her boots the very first time I killed her and never had to deal with her again.
          Originally posted by Yygdrasil
          Originally posted by Nandito
          Ponies.

Duh.
          You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

Right now, it's anything that drops useful seals.
            99 DNC
            99 WHM
            99 WAR
            * 99 THF
            99 BLM * 99 RDM *
            99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Originally posted by Squiggs View Post
              Right now, it's anything that drops useful seals.
              I hear you on this one. I am tired of getting every other seal but whm or bst.
              Whm- 90, BLM-90, BST-90, PLD-90,

Played from 2003-2006, Quit when my son was born

Returned in 2011.

Yes I am an old time player who learned to play the hard way.

COP-4-1
              ZM-14

San O Doria - 9
              Windhurst - 9
              Bastok - 0

Comment

Also, any NM that is a force pop immediately jumps near the top of my list.
                99 DNC
                99 WHM
                99 WAR
                * 99 THF
                99 BLM * 99 RDM *
                99 PUP

TWASHTAR

Comment

Originally posted by Squiggs View Post
                  Also, any NM that is a force pop immediately jumps near the top of my list.
                  I tend to like the ones that are already poped when I walk by them so I can kill them.
                  Whm- 90, BLM-90, BST-90, PLD-90,

Played from 2003-2006, Quit when my son was born

Returned in 2011.

Yes I am an old time player who learned to play the hard way.

COP-4-1
                  ZM-14

San O Doria - 9
                  Windhurst - 9
                  Bastok - 0

Comment

Originally posted by pxch View Post
                    I tend to like the ones that are already poped when I walk by them so I can kill them.
                    I did that to some one who was killed by the NM, and was running back to it. It was a 7 day pop Nm, but it didn't drop lol. He was pissed.

Comment

Tumbling Truffle is one of my favorites. Probably because it was (iirc) the first NM I killed (with the exception of mission NMs). I was exploring one day and came across him. Tough fight and I got the drop (Fungus Hat WOOT!!!).

Another favorite is Aquarius. I remember people used to camp him for D.Cloths and I’d see them wipe left and right. Or when he was trained to the zone line and beat up anyone who walked it. He was probably the first ‘tough’ NM I solo’d on Bst. I was around 67 ish swapping between every mandy/bunny/crab/crawler/spider I could get my hands on. It was a good day when I took him down. Eventually at 75 I brought him upstairs to korrigens for much faster/easier kills.

Then there’s my nemesis…Ancient Goobue. I’m like…1/100 on soloing him…but let me tell you…that one time was glorious. A mob surrounded by DC-T mobs that has draw in and uses Hundred Fists often. Lost so much xp on that fuker.

But my least favorite NMs are most of the ones that were added in Nov '09 as filler for the Hunt Registry. Let me say that word again: filler. Quite a few of them aggro and were added near where people would level...
                      Aww really ?? I LOVED it when they added all those NMs during the Nov. ’09 update. Opened up so many new NMs to try. Some were placed it rather poorly. Their drop rates were pretty frickin horrible too. Tried so many times to get a Fendir at the time. And STILL trying to get a Selemus Belt when I’m in the area.

I will say though, the chingoe in Wajam Woods is a fricken jackass. I always forget about him and he kills me when I go out for trials or if Zoraal Ja jablabha (colibiri) is up.
                      99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
                      -Farsha (90) Completed!!
                      -Verth (90) Completed!!
                      -Guttler (95) Completed!
                      -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
                      -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
                      -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

I think I'll always have a soft spot for Miser Murphy, the RDM AF NM. Good times trying to solo him @ 58 all those years ago.

Also got a special place for Aquarius, that lovable crab who hung out in my skill up spot.
                        You might be stopping to enjoy the game instead of rushing to cap, but that is not normal now. -Mhurron

Comment

I'm partial to Sea Horror. Nothing quite like being a newbie on the ship to Selbina for the very first time at level 11, stepping out onto the deck for some fresh air and pretty view, and getting clocked for three times your maximum HP.

Icemage

Comment

Spiny Spipi. That little crawler always dropped the silk and I got quite a few capes to sell on AH. I used to farm his area. I'd kill the crawlers and the bees and leave all the rest for others typically. Sometimes I'd get the occasional person who came out to level and was going after the crawlers I had been farming. It was always a laugh when they come upon Spiny and not realize it. Them beating me to the two mobs types I wanted was all fun and games until /help goes up and I just stand by. Then after Spiny teabagged them sufficiently, I'd kill it for the prize.

Jaggedy Ear Jack. He was one of those NMs that you'd go out of your way to see if he was up and if you were on a choco and you saw him, you'd abandon the bird even if you had a long trip ahead of you to kill Jack. I knew people who claimed to be in the 0/100's. I never got the drop from the 2x I ever saw him up. I bought it when it got below 100k. Another good one to wake up complacent beginning players. "Why is this rabbit beating the holy F outta me?!?!?!?!?

Bendigeit Vran. I still use the Rogetsurin. He was also the first human-like enemy I ever saw. He looked so cool compared to all the rabits, worms, beastmen, beetles, sapling, sheep, etc that I'd seen up until that point.

Mimas. He just sits up there and spawns every 15min and drops a pretty decent axe for his lvl. Fun to watch a Gigas on Hundred Fists as well.

Mysticmaker Profblix... only cuz I never camped him and then went 1/1 when I saw he was up once I started lvl'n BLU.

Argus ... again... only ever saw this guy up once. Nobody was camping him after one of the Aby updates so I killed him and was 1/1.

Unstable Cluster. Was a tough fight. Sometimes unpredictable. People had to work together typically. And people always showed their true colors once they got their Soboro then suddenly they couldn't stay for the rest of the alliance. Soboro is still one of my favorite weapons to use. It might be low dmg but it's hella fun... especially in Campaign.

Simurgh. I looked at this guy's pop area once. Nothing. Then a buddy of mine happened to be out there and said it was up and I got my Trotter Boots 1/1.

Sea Horror. Some of the only times I ever felt true fear in FFxi.

I hate HATE HATE Leaping Lizzy. I believe I was 1/45 or so... but when I did get my boots, it was epic. My buddy took me to Valkurm, Emperor was up, and I got my Empress Pin w/in the hour afterwards as well.
                            FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                            FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                            aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
                              Spiny Spipi.
                              That was my first NM encounter. I was leveling my BLM sub, at 13. The LS encouraged me to go for it... um, yeah. >plop<
                              Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                              99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                              F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                              >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Working...
                              X