Know Your Dynamis Sponser Rules!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Know Your Dynamis Sponser Rules!!!

I dunno, well for one if I wanted to fund a relic I wouldn't join a shell that wouldn't allow me to either sponsor runs or wouldn't cut me some deal, like selling me the currency for the aforementioned discounted price.

Even if I wasn't interested I may not join or like that rule, it should be my choice, not someone else's, whether or not to work on a relic.

Plus toss in some other considerations, and I could very well be interested in working on a relic, and not for greed. But hey, that's me and I don't know what the average relic worker is like.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
      Parse what? Everyone's damage? If so, that's a pretty poor idea. :x
      Parse records drops also, breaks it down by what droped it, when, who got it, and how many dropped etc, just another level of security to the participants in the shell.

And about the PS2 and Xbox360, Not to be super biased towards PC......BUT, I'm super biased towards PC. I love my 360 to death, but i wouldn't ever play FFxi on it. I don't even have a nice PC that I play on lol. It's an AMD 3500+ 1 gig of ram, 7950gtx video card, XPsp2. something like that would cost you less than a netbook now adays.

As far as the point systems go, I wouldn't have one.

Comment

I think I will make a FreeLotDynamis LS after I've gone through each 2-3 times. Rules will be very simple:

1. Everyone pays 20K for Vile of Timeless Hourglass
        2. Everything except AF2 is Freelot
        3. Everyone can /seacom 2 jobs' AF2 for lotting (if none on drop, freelot)

Does anyone think this would work? Why or why not?
        Last edited by Evion; 06-16-2009, 08:13 AM.
        Current Server: Asura
        Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
        Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
        Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
        Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
        Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Originally posted by Evion View Post
          I think I will make a FreeLotDynamis LS after I've gone through each 2-3 times. Rules will be very simple:

1. Everyone pays 20K for Vile of Shrouded Sand

You can't buy a vial of shrouded sand. It's a free key item. I believe you're talking about the Timeless Hourglass.

The only way to find out is to shout for it, but remember people in general are greedy and lazy and the money they pay in has to get them some sort of benefit above and beyond that which they could get for free. It will probably be hard to get people to pay for Ice and CoP Dynamis when sponsored Dynamis is the norm. You could see the possibility that people might pay for cities because of the higher currency drop rates, but I don't see people dropping 20k to enter CoP zones.

There's also another problem which may pop up. If you have fewer than 25 people, you'll be footing the difference. If you have more than 25 people, you'll be making money off of the glass.

Comment

Originally posted by Evion View Post

1. Everyone pays 20K for Vile of Timeless Hourglass

This won't work. It's entirely dependant on how many people show up, and you're assuming that 50 people with show up each run, which probably won't be the case. (unless you're going to flip the difference, but you ultimately lose out each time)

If you're newer to dynamis, I would strongly suggest not not not making a linkshell. Join a good shell, get familiar with the basics, level thief up or another job that can pull. If you're serious about making a linkshell in the future, ask your dynamis puller to teach you what to do.

I've seen people make linkshells with lots of people, but ultimately they fail because nobody really knows what to do.

In any case, good luck with what you decide to do.
            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

...This won't work. It's entirely dependant on how many people show up, and you're assuming that 50 people with show up each run...

Price for the hourglass is now 500,000, not 1,000,000. 25 people bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
                Price for the hourglass is now 500,000, not 1,000,000. 25 people bet.
                oh yeah, I forgot that. My basic argument still stands though.
                ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I wouldn't make one now due to my inexperience. I said in my previous post that I would be likely to after 2-3 runs through each area. I would be looking to create a scenario where everyone could pickup the ancient currency and have fun lotting etc. I wouldn't look to make a relic or gain profit.
                  Current Server: Asura
                  Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
                  Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
                  Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
                  Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
                  Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

If you're newer to dynamis, I would strongly suggest not not not making a linkshell. Join a good shell, get familiar with the basics, level thief up or another job that can pull. If you're serious about making a linkshell in the future, ask your dynamis puller to teach you what to do.

I've seen people make linkshells with lots of people, but ultimately they fail because nobody really knows what to do.

In any case, good luck with what you decide to do.
                    Yup, pretty much that. Its amazing mine has been around for 3 years with me at the helm pulling o.O Yay for being an officer due to being the only th4 for the longest time D:
                    Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Wait, you want to have fun in Dynamis?

Good luck.
                      sigpic
                      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                        Wait, you want to have fun in Dynamis?
                        Wait, ppl don't have fun in Dynamis?!

Comment

I always had fun in Dynamis. o_O
                          sigpic
                          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Dynamis sucks balls and is boring as hell. I go because I have to, and because I want stuff.

Only the conversations on vent and the delevels of a few members make it mildly entertaining.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                              Dynamis sucks balls and is boring as hell. I go because I have to, and because I want stuff.

Only the conversations on vent and the delevels of a few members make it mildly entertaining.
                              o.O Are you sure we're talking about the same event here? Its mostly entertaining watching our resident kamikaze sam try to die to every mob, or one of our blms blaming our main caller for letting her die. And of course quoting ppl on skype in linkshell that can be so taken out of context ^^

...<.<; maybe you should runaway to seraph, we offer non-boring dynamis.

Comment

I've done Dynamis in three different shells now. It's never going to change. It's mind-numbingly repetitive. Once you've done Dynamis for a few months, you've seen everything new that Dynamis has to offer. Repetitive as shit. Haste, Cure, Haste, Cure, Haste, OHSHITCURETHEDAMNDRK, Haste, Cure, Haste, Cure, Haste, Cure, ONESHOTTED, Raise 3, Haste, Cure, etc., for three hours. Sometimes something great drops that really excites someone, and momentarily we're excited, but typically the shit we get is sold to outside buyers or just autosorts. The only reason we even do Dynamis anymore is for relics and making gil. No one really wants anything.

Can't even go AFK for five minutes when I die. I'm expected to continue to perform. It's too long, it's too repetitive. There's no challenge anymore. If Dynamis were ever-changing, like Nyzul, it would be fun. Differing objectives. Instead, you go in, you pull the same mobs, you get the same time extensions, you take the same route. I could do it in my sleep. I'm just over it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X