Know Your Dynamis Sponser Rules!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Know Your Dynamis Sponser Rules!!!

People new to Dynamis, such as myself, may not know what these rules really mean or that other LSes have different rules more in their favor.
    Which is why you:

1) Make sure that you are crystal clear on all of the rules. If they are being evasive about answering pin them down and get your explanations. If they refuse to answer, the answer seems shady and or doesn't match with actual practice, find another shell. Since most shells have their own LS website, it would be a good idea to spend some time reading their forums to get a general idea of how they work and any issues they may have.

2) If a rule seems odd or unfair to you, ask the more experienced people on forums what they think about the rule.

Basically, don't be a meek little newb. Ask questions, learn how the shell works, why it works a particular way. Otherwise it's probably your own fault if you get taken advantage of.

/shrug

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

I'm curious as to what shell he went along with now, lol. There are about ten thousand Dynamis linkshells these days but I know most of the bigger ones and this has piqued my interest.
      Last edited by Aksannyi; 05-20-2009, 08:12 AM. Reason: redundancy ftl
      sigpic
      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Right now there are so many shouts of people saying "Free AF2 and items from Dynamis! Come join our run!" and such in WG and Jeuno. It's just people wanting to fund relics. If you really want a particular item from a run they are doing then I say go ahead and join but as for currency.....I really don't see anyone in any shell or randome pick up getting currency unless they fund a run or buy it from the ls bank. I have never been on a run where currency is freelot and I've been doing Dynamis a long f'in time.

My advice for new to endgame players is, only join an ls that has a website where you can clearly see their rules and how they do things. Look at the membership and start sending /t's in game to people asking them about their ls. If you are really interested but have a few questions after that, then msg the shell holder or sacs and ask them.

I'm totally against joining shells in endgame that you just hear a shout for and take a pearl. They are usually hastily thrown together and probably only there to profit someone and his/her friends.
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

My dynamis shell actually puts the gil into a bank and then every month or so they share it amongst its members, and they don't let anyone sponser. So I'm cool with that (I usually end up with around 300-400k gil each pay out). :D

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

My shell used to collect money at the start of runs and let single currency autodrop, and most people would make a modest profit most runs. A year or two ago we changed to having officers lot single currency, sell it at the end of the run to people who are upgrading (anyone who sends the officer a tell can buy an equal share) and use the gil to fund future runs. (At the time we still had to collect gil for CoP because it was before the cost reduction, but since then, the bank has had enough to fully fund all runs.)

When the bank is rich we schedule more northlands, CoP and the occasional Tav; we do cities when the bank runs low or when we have recruited new people who need the wins. (The old people do level new jobs occasionally, so cities aren't complete dead weight, but too many cities in the same month makes some people grumble. Including me, I have to admit.) A few people have completed relics by buying more currency outside the shell (and/or from members who win 100s - anyone can comment 100s instead of AF and do whatever they want with them), using their own sources of income, but nobody gets one by exploiting the other members.

Lately we have enough people that most of our tav runs are split: 18 people go to tav and the rest go to a city (usually bastok or sandy because they're easier). This costs two glasses, but the city run brings in some currency which makes up for it, and everyone can go somewhere. (We used to have problems with tav signups overfilling, but now people who don't get in go on a waiting list that gets priority for the next tav, so it balances out better.)

We've never allowed sponsors. Sponsoring a city concentrates too much of the benefit of the run in one person's hands; we believe in keeping that for the LS bank and using it to fund the runs that are unprofitable in coin, but give the AF more people need (ie northlands/CoP). If you want a relic, coming up with value equivalent to that many coins is on you; we're not a pyramid scheme where everyone works to benefit a few.
            Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
            RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
            All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Sounds like a great system, Karinya. Wish I could find a shell like that.

Comment

Well, my shell has a pretty healthy bank at the moment. We kinda hit it big when we first started about a year ago, got multiple 100cc's on a few city runs which really put our bank up there, that and one epic night where we got like 10 wootz ores (before the price drop) along with 2 100cc's =P

Our bank now funds our runs and we split coin at the end (depending on what seacom you have, i.e. money coin or relic coin). You can only pick one of three, lot AF, lot coin for money, or lot coin for relic upgrade (leadership holds the coins until you're at stage 3). Havent had drama or complaints, except for the occasional mistake with lots and such.

Sponsoring runs aint bad just dont expect anything more than AF outta those types of runs.
                Originally posted by Van Wilder
                Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
                Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
                I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Thanks for the info Karinya, I think that's a great system. I'll suggest it. BTW, AK, I think it was AesirDynamis on Asura and I found out they were only on about 8-10 runs total. I've switched to a new one now that has a list of poeple that want to sponser.... They don't tell me how the list works though!
                  Current Server: Asura
                  Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
                  Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
                  Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
                  Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
                  Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Oh I thought you were still on Hades.
                    sigpic
                    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Ahhhh dynamis, so stupidly exploited it's laughable. My guys are on Valefor now, and I am currently considering starting a dynamis shell. Here's an example of the rules I plan to run.

1. No one in my shell will be getting a relic. Bottom line, end of story. (Relic's are a way to symbolize someones dedication and commitment to FFXI.....or in other words....."Relics symbolize a person's individual greed")

2. I or a sack holder will provide glass, I/they will parse from the moment glass is traded, and I/they will lot all currency.

3. All currency will be sold at a set price. Aprox 1-2k less than standard server prices, to propagate sale.

4. I/they will post payout info the next day on the /LSmes

5. Payout is avaliable for 96 hours from the end of the run.

6. Any payouts not recieved will be carried over and put into next runs payout.

7. All run parses will be mailed to all sack holders, and WILL be provided to any memeber upon request.

8. All Dream land zones will be buy in, /randomed if more than the standard number allowed want to participate, and will be followed by a MINIMUM of 2 standard Dynamis runs.

9. No run will go past 3 hours from the time the glass is traded. Exception: Players in zone aggree to continue farming past 3hr mark. No penalties for not staying are incured at this point.

10. Leaving before 1 hour mark is highly discouraged and will be noted, more than twice will be suspended for the next run, and individual will not be allowed to participate in next dreamlands run, if they have access.

etc. etc. But the big thing is getting relics out of the equation. I've always felt that players with relics HAD to be selfish. I mean that gil could have been put towards the players that helped you to get that weapon. and what, you do 200 more dmg on a SATA? wow, good use of time, and other peoples efforts.

I don't know....maybe i'm retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Evion View Post
                        Thanks for the info Karinya, I think that's a great system. I'll suggest it. BTW, AK, I think it was AesirDynamis on Asura and I found out they were only on about 8-10 runs total. I've switched to a new one now that has a list of poeple that want to sponser.... They don't tell me how the list works though!
                        Generally, the list is a waiting list. Depending on how many people sponsor at once, you may be either an individual or co-sponsor. Most waiting lists for sponsors require that the person (or sponsor group) ahead of you achieve relic before they pass the torch.

I would advise that you bank at least 10-15 million gil before starting sponsorship. Most shells require that you follow the specified schedule, so if you're sponsoring cities, you must also sponsor ice/dreamland. The former make money (usually), the latter do not necessarily. The large bank helps to ensure that you (a) have the capacity to generate the gil necessary to afford the relic you intend to build, (b) to ensure that under no circumstances will a run be skipped because of lack of funds, and (c) to minimize your personal sale of currency to maintain your bank.

I am of the mind that one of Dynamis's primary functions is to create relic weapons. I think it's a good part of the game, and I feel that using Dynamis just to build up your coffers is not cool because you can sit as sponsor forever, and just soak up gil.

Good luck to you if you're working on a relic weapon. If you're not planning a relic weapon, and are just exploiting the profitability of the dynamis currency market then.... meh.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepardG View Post
                          2. I or a sack holder will provide glass, I/they will parse from the moment glass is traded, and I/they will lot all currency.
                          Hope you don't need someone playing on PS2 or 360.
                          Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                          99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                          F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                          >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

I don't even play FFXI, but sponsor about 13 different linkshells farmed by illegal immigrants I picked up at home depot. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
                            Warning level cat face.
                            ?:3
                            E:
                            : 3

Comment

Originally posted by ShepardG View Post
                              Parse what? Everyone's damage? If so, that's a pretty poor idea. :x
                              ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I can't see myself getting dedicated to an actual endgame LS.

1. I'm lazy.
                                2. I'm prone to 'zone ADD'. I can't stand being in/farming/whatthefuckever one zone for any prolonged period of time. This is tied to how I can't stand the 'camp' party system. And yes, I have this just as badly in LotRO. Radiance runs are blaaaah.
                                3. I hate having any kind of commitment to anything in a game. I work retail. My schedule fluctuates, and lately, has been prone to quite a few sudden, drastic changes.
                                4. Because of 3, I would have a hard time getting enough points up to be able to lot shit, and I just don't see the point in spending hours somewhere for zero reward. I've got better things to be doing. Hell, staring at my wall is more rewarding.
                                5. If I'm not doing endgame I really don't need 'endgame' gear. Sure it's pretty and shiny and I want it, but I realize that I am not willing to commit to getting it, and thus won't have it. It takes more commitment than I'm willing to give (as it should), and that's my own personal problem.

Soz, if I saw someone doing a freelot Dynamis PUG shout, I might try to get in on that, but that's about it. I can follow directions quite well, so there'd be no issue there. But I wouldn't want any sort of set up where I had a commitment to a group.

And if someone else was sponsoring said PUG, all that means to me is: Free shot at AF2. I couldn't care less if the sponsor made oodles of millions off of it. Free AF2 with no strings = win and profit.
                                "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

Working...
                                X