Fun with Dynamis! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun with Dynamis! :)

Redircted from a conversation about Dynamis.

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
    I'm still miffed that WHM didn't drop from Jeuno last night for my g/f, it'd be really, really nice for her to have those legs for barspells since it looks like she's going to have to be our main WHM for a while...and sucktastic AF in general, I think we just had THF and RNG drop...but we had 4 100v's drop. I think the total currency haul was something like 570~, I've never seen that much out of 1 run.
    The 100 pieces were showing us LOVE for Bastok a few weeks ago.

Yesterday was wierd though.. I don't know the positions or wth stuff is called in Dynamis, so I'll explain it this way.

When we do Xarc, we hug the wall for a bit to get around the eyes, then we run straight across a clearing till we get to a ridge. There is a Sac pull just to clear mobs from an area, then we run across again, and we end up camping at a hill that overlooks 3 eyes.

Then we clear those, kill the statues and we run along another ridge and hug a wall. Then when we're up against that wall, there is a HUGE pull.

We almost died here, but the sleepers were on their A-game.

Then we go to some sort of canyon, and there is ANOTHER huge pull. We got butt-raped here. I'm probably missing some details, but I recall those two big pulls.

After that last pull, we go fight the NMs. Someone aggros them all, and the PLD picks off the NMs one by one.

With low attendence, the leader didn't want to do NMs, but opted to anyway, and MNK and WHM relic ended up dropping off them. Also, DRG Relic dropped.

I don't really like Xarc, it seems like way too much damn trouble.
    The Tao of Ren
    FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
    Originally posted by Kaeko
    As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Re: Fun with Dynamis!

If your LS is relatively new to Xarc you'll learn a few tricks, especially which pulls to skip and where to pull from. The strategy we use involves lots of sac pulling, really there's only one big pull you should need to deal with in order to get most of the time extensions and clear the NMs, otherwise the huge ones don't really start until you finish up the NMs and start on the farming pulls/final time extension.

I kind of know the area you're talking about, not sure how familiar your LS is with Xarc but if you or your leaders want to PM me I could maybe offer some tips for doing it with less people.
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Thanks, Caly. I'm still a noob to Xarc, hell, I'm still a noob period. It took me like 3 runs in the Glacier to see my win (most of the time we were just farming, but Glacier, in the grand scheme of things, isn't that bad of a place).

I remember kiting the Eye and not really doing much until the puller got back to Zone and we went apeshit on the eye before the dragons came.

There were also times when the dragons turned on the kiter and came back to rape the alliance. I didn't even stay for that - I dropped my hourglass. >_>

Aren't there strategies on the wiki? I'm nowhere near being a LS leader, but our Mega Boss is a cool dude, and he probably knows the ins and outs (He's been leading the LS for about 3 years).

Moreover, is there a way to clear when you only have 15-20 people? There aren't many statues in Xarc, and Sleepers are much more needed.. All I know for sure is that we had 2 PLDs and 3 WHMs. We had more than enough BLMs though.
      The Tao of Ren
      FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
      Originally posted by Kaeko
      As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
        Moreover, is there a way to clear when you only have 15-20 people?
        Unlikely. Keep in mind you need to first kill Yin and Yang at relatively the same time. Splitting each group in half gives you 7-10 people for each dragon. Sure, maybe you could pull it off if you get lucky on stomps.

As for dynamis lord himself, you really need a lot of DD and stuns. RDM/DRKs for chainstun and anything you can throw at it. With only 20 people max, maybe 15 of those being DD, that's a really low number. When chainspell runs out and nobody has any TP left, that's when he oblivion smashes and wipes everybody out. T.T

While it maybe could be possible, it's really unlikely that you'll kill dynamis lord low man. The more people, the merrier.
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I'm sure it is possible to clear with it if you had the right personnel, but to be honest you'd need to be pretty stacked and have some zerg ability for DL(KC DRKs, etc). There's a shell on Bismark that focuses on low-manned events that I know has cleared it with 18ish. My shell personally doesn't attempt it yet as we're trying to focus on AF first and Animated Shield second before we worry about clearing DL.

As far as low-manning Dynamis in general, really you don't need anything that special, you just need people who pay attention and follow directions. Landing spells and such is relatively easy, but nothing can make up for people who don't execute when they're needed to. On top of our game we've pulled off Glacier clear with 13, Windy with 16(came within 1 second of getting the final TE too, but I goofed it ), and clearing the full Xarc NM court and reaching Animated Shield with 16. We don't have relicholders or shit like that, just involves people knowing their roles and not making dumb mistakes.

Last edited by Callisto; 06-23-2008, 11:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

So this was Dynamis Quifm last night...

We go in and a member, that is CONSTANTLY not paying attention and doing his job to the best of his ability and/or going afk a lot, goes afk at the start. So off we go through the zone and finally we are ready to kill the big boss. Well our afker surprisingly is not afk at this point.....because he needs clearance....and like he has no freakin eyeballs and can't see that its absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to make it to us! But he tries and he dies. Then he asks if he's going to be able to get a raise because you know he needs clearance....DOT.......DOT....FRICKIN DOT....

Well we send out a pld to pull the big boss and its a giant with ranged attack so he has to keep running away so it will make it to the group.......but he goes a little nuts with the running. He goes down a tunnel that we had already cleared but ends up getting a slew of gobs, statues, and whatnot on him and dies. So he hp's and comes back. He stays at the start..........NOOOOOOOOOOOOT! Why? Because he needs clearance. He too is blind and decides he's going to try and make it to us.....and dies.......because there are MASSIVE amounts of mobs in the way and then he wants a raise.....in the middle of aggro....because he needs clearance.

Ok at this point, I'd be telling our 2 hapless individuals that they are sol since there are a crapload of mobs between us and them and a very real chance of wiping the entire ls but that we will slowly try to make our way to them. But no, the sacs decide to just go whole hog in there and raise them.....only raised one..........and yes we wiped.....and all of us had to hp since there were mobs all around us. *See picture*

We had the time to get to them a pull at a time but I'm glad that 2 people that messed up are more important than the 16ish other people that did things correctly. Then the decision makers got pissy about people saying it was dumb to do what we did. Called people whiners and such. Ya....nice. Well we all went back in to do a little more farming. I had to afk for 5 mins to get my mom's house key to her so when I came back I was the last to go in and ran up to the group to see a cluster f**k in the making. There were 4 people dead, mobs were running amok, I cast a sleepga which slept the majority of mobs, and a statue came up and smacked me to death, which was easy to do since I was weak. So yes, another wipe but at least we didn't have to hp and then the powers that be said we were done. Well, at least some people got clearance.....oh and a pair of blm pants dropped...../sigh
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

One of our chronic AFKers just disappeared last night while we were doing palace, before we moved to the AH and pulled the boss. He was brutalized because he of course AFK'd where the sac pull had to bring the MB's train. He came back about 30 minutes after the run ended and said he had laid down for just a second and managed to pass out.

Of course you fell asleep, you fucking laid down on your bed!! Who the fuck gets up, goes to their bed and lays down, then is surprised that they fucking fell asleep?! If you need to sleep, log off or warp the fuck out, instead of being a selfish prick who risks us losing AF2 and currency because you felt like taking a nap an hour into the run.

Comment

AMEN!! Tell it like it is!!
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Once on a Sandy run we had a whm who was either lagging or sleepy or both. She thought she was recasting RR3 but she didn't notice she had actually hit the spell exactly one page down from RR3 ... Teleport-Yhoat. {See you again!} half our DPS ...
                  lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                    Once on a Sandy run we had a whm who was either lagging or sleepy or both. She thought she was recasting RR3 but she didn't notice she had actually hit the spell exactly one page down from RR3 ... Teleport-Yhoat. {See you again!} half our DPS ...
                    ahahahahahaha

That sucks for you, but I would find that pretty damned funny.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Ok I did something similar once. I was sleepy, thought I was casting R3 on someone and *POOF* out went our whms and tanks. I did realize I was casting it but instead of sitting, I ran in a circle so it went off. ><

Comment

It was pretty damned funny for me too, but as we were on track for a full clear at that point the sacks were not as amused. The lost party eventually got back (I think they choco'd from Holla XD) and it ended up still being a pretty good run.
                        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

My favorite was running back to get the dragons after downing Angra, then kiting them until I got bored enough to drop the glass.
                          I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                            I did the same thing, except it was Vahzl instead of Yhoat, and I was trying to recast Protectra and Shellra, so I was making a point of being in range of others ... oh, and I was in the tank PT. Unfortunately, that tends to happen when I raise people, those macros share a bar with the teleport ones...

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                              Unlikely. Keep in mind you need to first kill Yin and Yang at relatively the same time. Splitting each group in half gives you 7-10 people for each dragon. Sure, maybe you could pull it off if you get lucky on stomps.
                              There's a couple of ways we've done that. First get one dragon low, switch and kill the other, then back to the first or kill both with -ga spells when they're both low.

Lately we've changed tactic, our BLMs usually change job so we don't have many left by that point so the melee kill one saving TP, then we zerg the second one before it can re-summon the first. You've got to be quick on the second kill to do it this way though. It would be tough with low numbers.

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                              Ok I did something similar once. I was sleepy, thought I was casting R3 on someone and *POOF* out went our whms and tanks. I did realize I was casting it but instead of sitting, I ran in a circle so it went off. ><
                              Lol, reminds me of a party I had in Garlaige. The puller linked some mobs so I tried to sleep them, unfortunately instead of casting Sleep 2 I cast Warp 2 on myself. I went back to raise my party. ><
                              Last edited by Kafeen; 06-24-2008, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X