Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im at a loss

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
    I credit the invention of the word "phat" to this situation.
    Sorry but according to the Over 40 Law I'm not allowed to say that word.

    Leave a comment:


  • Taskmage
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    Oh come on, you know you've wanted to say that to a woman! IF YOU HAVE A FAT ASS TO BEGIN WITH YES YOUR ASS IS GOING TO BE BIG IN THOSE JEANS! If you don't have a fat ass then you have nothing to worry about and are just being a vain bitch that needs to be slapped. I can say it.....men can't because they want in those pants. LOL
    I credit the invention of the word "phat" to this situation.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Originally posted by Callisto View Post
    Or alternatively:

    "I can't really gauge it until you walk in them, perhaps you could walk to the kitchen to get me a beer and a sandwich and I can tell you how they look when you get back."
    That one!

    Leave a comment:


  • Lmnop
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Originally posted by Callisto View Post
    Shit I'd sig that but mine is getting too big already ; ;
    I'm on it.

    Instead, start inconsistent and stay that way. Start off with some obvious lies intoned to sound like teasing, then reinforce that foundation with half-truths and honest truths made to sound like lies. When you've got her at the point where she's never sure if you're telling the truth or not or whether she should laugh or be angry, then you've basically got carte blanche to lie about whatever you want, however you want, because anything you say will be inconsistent with something else you said that she suspects is a lie, making her wonder if the new lie is the truth. If you get into trouble, you've got this whole primordial pool of possible truths that you and she can pick through to construct a worldview that will make your most recent bullshit sound downright virtuous in the context of something else that never happened.

    And when that happens, when you're at the point that she's actively helping you to lie to her, you know you're in a happy, lifelong relationship.
    TM, you may be one of the greatest minds of our time.

    Leave a comment:


  • Callisto
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    Oh come on, you know you've wanted to say that to a woman! IF YOU HAVE A FAT ASS TO BEGIN WITH YES YOUR ASS IS GOING TO BE BIG IN THOSE JEANS! If you don't have a fat ass then you have nothing to worry about and are just being a vain bitch that needs to be slapped. I can say it.....men can't because they want in those pants. LOL
    Don't be silly, I just respond, "The jeans look fine dear, but I can't see your tits with you having your back turned to me like that."

    Or alternatively:

    "I can't really gauge it until you walk in them, perhaps you could walk to the kitchen to get me a beer and a sandwich and I can tell you how they look when you get back."

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Originally posted by Callisto View Post
    More proof that all women are by nature 100% evil.
    Oh come on, you know you've wanted to say that to a woman! IF YOU HAVE A FAT ASS TO BEGIN WITH YES YOUR ASS IS GOING TO BE BIG IN THOSE JEANS! If you don't have a fat ass then you have nothing to worry about and are just being a vain bitch that needs to be slapped. I can say it.....men can't because they want in those pants. LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • Callisto
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Shit I'd sig that but mine is getting too big already ; ;

    Leave a comment:


  • Taskmage
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Women = Time x Money
    Time = Money => Women = Money x Money
    Women = Money^2
    Money = √Evil => Women = (√Evil)^2
    Women = Evil

    Leave a comment:


  • Callisto
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    Just tell her "I'm playing FFXI whether you like it or not..............and YES your ass does look fat in those jeans!"
    More proof that all women are by nature 100% evil.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Just tell her "I'm playing FFXI whether you like it or not..............and YES your ass does look fat in those jeans!"

    Leave a comment:


  • Callisto
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Correct. Although I will say the previous 2 girls I dated were extremely unfond of me playing FFXI, so I stopped playing for them taking several months off of the game. Those relationships went downhill for completely unrelated reasons, while single my playing obviously picked up heavily. When I started dating the current girl I live with now I basically said, "This is what I do with my time, it's what I enjoy and who I am, if there's a problem with that then this probably won't work."

    She responded with something along the lines of "OH SHIT LOOK OUT DRAGON BEHIND YOU!!" then started playing herself 5 months later.

    Moral of the story, don't make them completely mutually exclusive, and be up front with her. Tell her that's your hobby, it's fun to you, but you're still all hers, and if possible maybe try to get her involved in it. And regardless of what you do, when she comes in saying "Can we go out to dinner/movie/whatever tonight instead of you playing?" tell your LS you gotta go for the night, believe me they'll understand.

    Leave a comment:


  • LyonheartLakshmi
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Originally posted by Kookyboy View Post
    I dont think my girlfriend wants me to play this game...in fact a lot of her jokes about me playing the game are bothering me. I dunno what to do..Im scared that when I get my buddy pass ill be hammered every 5 seconds with "jokes" till im forced to quit
    We're the wrong people to be talking to about this. You should be talking to your girlfriend.

    If anything comes between you and your girlfriend, it won't be FFXI or any "jokes". It'll be the lack of communication.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ellipses
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    , TM, lots and lots of .

    Leave a comment:


  • Taskmage
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    On a serious note, it sounds like you don't know whether your girlfriend actually has anything wrong with the game, that she doesn't know it bothers you so much, and that neither of you have any idea how an MMO in your life might affect your relationship. Now, I realize that as someone who frequents an internet forum you may have developed an opinion of "communication" as a useless artifact of a bygone civilization, only used now to veil slights at eachothers sexual inadequacy, but you would be surprised how well it can work between two people who care enough about eachother to try not the be assholes to eachother. Talk to your girlfriend about what's bothering you, see if you can come to an understanding, and if she doesn't cooperate find a new girlfriend. Seriously.

    Leave a comment:


  • DakAttack
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Forget my advice, and lie.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X