Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im at a loss

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WishMaster3K
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    This forum has been having awesome threads lately.

    I smell a flamewar coming. >_>

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Isn't it funny how 2 months after he "owns" her, she can take off, file for divorce, gets to keep the big ass rock AND gets 1/2 of everything he owns.....hmmmm so who is actually owned??

    Lighten up if that offends you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ameroth
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Originally posted by Feba View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was trying to set someone up for the "...in Bizarro world" bit.
    Nope. If a man buys a woman a big ass, expensive rock and gives her his surname, ownership. Then again, it's a double-edged sword. You own her, but she basically owns the key to your happiness.


    Lighten up if that offends you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Feba
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    You're severely out of date.
    I'm pretty sure he was trying to set someone up for the "...in Bizarro world" bit.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
    Unless you get married. Then you own her so it doesn't matter what you do.
    You're severely out of date.....unless you were born in the 1800's but that would explain a lot.

    Originally posted by Feba View Post
    I really wish I hadn't googled that. And I really don't think I want to bite that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Feba
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    Nope, FDS ftw!
    I really wish I hadn't googled that. And I really don't think I want to bite that.

    Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
    It's a video game, and unless you're girlfriend is like 13, there's no logical reason for her have that standing between you two.
    And if she is... dude, she's like 13!

    Leave a comment:


  • Ameroth
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Originally posted by Kookyboy View Post
    I dont think my girlfriend wants me to play this game...in fact a lot of her jokes about me playing the game are bothering me. I dunno what to do..Im scared that when I get my buddy pass ill be hammered every 5 seconds with "jokes" till im forced to quit
    If you let her control you now, you're already lost. It's a video game, and unless you're girlfriend is like 13, there's no logical reason for her have that standing between you two.

    Advice: Don't change who you are for some girl. Learn to love each other's differences. Unless you get married. Then you own her so it doesn't matter what you do.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Nope, FDS ftw!

    Leave a comment:


  • Feba
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    Both of you can bite me.
    I'm sure I could, but you're probably stale.

    Leave a comment:


  • emeraldpearl
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    up to you what server you want to join. I hope your gf was reasonable.... she made quite a fuss by the sounds

    Leave a comment:


  • Kookyboy
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Wow I must say I am overwhelmed by the advice and funny quips found from everyone. I've made up my mind that I'm going to play this game once I either get my buddy code or buy the game (either way I hope this happens today)

    What server should I play on cause I'm going forward with this!

    Leave a comment:


  • TheGrandMom
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Originally posted by Feba View Post
    Technically correct, but you shouldn't be here at all.
    Both of you can bite me....I am allowed to say that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aeni
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    You can always rent-a-girlfriend for the times you need one.




    ...

    Leave a comment:


  • Lunaryn
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
    To elaborate on what Ellipses said, it's important that when you lie you don't try to weave your current lie together with all the other lies you've told in the past. Don't do the "tangled web" thing. Not only is it entirely too much effort, but eventually you're going to mess up and make an inconsistency, or she'll find evidence that contradicts the whole alternate reality you've been building and the whole thing comes down like a house of cards. She'll reject everything you've ever said out of hand and start building her own version of the entire history of your relationship, and guaranteed, you will not like your place in it.

    Instead, start inconsistent and stay that way. Start off with some obvious lies intoned to sound like teasing, then reinforce that foundation with half-truths and honest truths made to sound like lies. When you've got her at the point where she's never sure if you're telling the truth or not or whether she should laugh or be angry, then you've basically got carte blanche to lie about whatever you want, however you want, because anything you say will be inconsistent with something else you said that she suspects is a lie, making her wonder if the new lie is the truth. If you get into trouble, you've got this whole primordial pool of possible truths that you and she can pick through to construct a worldview that will make your most recent bullshit sound downright virtuous in the context of something else that never happened.

    And when that happens, when you're at the point that she's actively helping you to lie to her, you know you're in a happy, lifelong relationship.
    I think you've identified the fundamental dynamic of the politics of the last 8 years.

    Leave a comment:


  • Feba
    replied
    Re: Im at a loss

    Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    Sorry but according to the Over 40 Law I'm not allowed to say that word.
    Technically correct, but you shouldn't be here at all.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X