partying woes (getting to lv 30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• partying woes (getting to lv 30)

So i returned to this game after a years break, hoping things would be better but na... im lv 28 and its soo hard to find a party, and i dont think its a matter of im not good its just that know ones on. so my question is, am looking in the wrong places. i just wanna get to lv 30 and im in kazam (how ever its spelled) and barley any one, is there any other way to lv up thats not painfully long.
    Last edited by Aeronus; 06-08-2008, 10:53 PM.

Re: partying wows (getting to lv 30)

What job are you first of all?

Secondly, is your support job sufficiently leveled? (i.e. at least half your current level)
    And last, could just depend on the time you are playing and LFG. For the most part, levels 10-37 are pretty easy on wait times for parties.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
    ------
    Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
    When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Welcome to FFXI where the population is 75% level 75 standing around..

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

I would suggest going to Jeuno - There always seem to be people around that level LFG. At least on Remora...
        sigpic

(\ /)
        ( . . )
        C(")(")
        ...Somebunny loves you....

...That's "Little Washu", Bub....

Comment

From my experience, I got more invites in Jeuno than anywhere else this past week - I'm trying to level my sub (BLM), started around 32, currently 35. Waiting around in Whitegate got me zero invites. Lower Jeuno I've had about three or four, though one was unsuccessful.

It depends on time too. I am getting the invites around 17:00 GMT. Occasional late night JP players, but mainly mainland European players who only got the game recently, compared to Japanese and American players.
          RDM70 | BLM37 | WHM18 | BST12

Comment

Europe has had the game since 2004. That's more than enough time to figure things out.

Comment

I found when playing in the EU I was able t pick up parties for around that level approx 9pm onwards GMT, its just that people want to aprty for longer than 2 hours which was the problem as some of us work and can;t spend all night playing!

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                Europe has had the game since 2004. That's more than enough time to figure things out.

To be fair, there was zero promotional material anywhere when it launched and I have yet to see any to date.

My personal experience as a Euro was forget getting any party invites until around 10pm and if you try to form any before that point you'll find the number of available and willing people is seriously limited. However, that was only on Fenrir, an EU dead-zone, other servers could possibly vary dramatically. Although, going off the number of European posters on this site and Allakhazam I am of the opinion the remaining EU gamers are akin to sasquatchs.

Oh, and I think you meant "partying woes".

Comment

Re: partying woes (getting to lv 30)

Thread title edited to be "partying woes" and not "partying wows" to avoid potential confusion.

Icemage

Comment

"If you build it, XP will come"

Not meaning to sound smart, but at low levels especially I find there's often enough people to make a party, just nobody takes the initiative to do it. Especially with all the people leveling SCH and DNC recently support characters shouldn't be too hard to find. And leveling at off-times can be a good thing too: fewer competition at camps! Stay with it, it will come
                    sigpic
                    Mains: 75 RNG/MNK/BLM/BLU/NIN/SAM/BRD
                    Proud Sackholder: Celestial Guardians, Legacy of Old

Comment

Originally posted by Andrinor View Post
                      "If you build it, XP will come"

Not meaning to sound smart, but at low levels especially I find there's often enough people to make a party, just nobody takes the initiative to do it. Especially with all the people leveling SCH and DNC recently support characters shouldn't be too hard to find. And leveling at off-times can be a good thing too: fewer competition at camps! Stay with it, it will come
                      Not like that on Midgardsormr. There was sort of a big "build your own party" push starting shortly after we joined, and these days seekers don't tend to accumulate much since someone will almost always try to form a party, often times leaving vital spots like healer and tank to last. I've been in my share of parties which end up with 4 DDs, and then the leader starts complaining that they can't find any healers or tanks. Even when that's not happening, once there are enough seeking for a viable party, they tend to start getting scooped up immediately.

These days the majority of my party invites have been as a rep in an existing party. And a fair number of them have been unsolicited (I wasn't lfg at the time).
                      Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                      DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                      Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                      Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                      WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                      Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                      All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                      Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                      Clothcraft 24
                      Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                      BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post

PC version, yes.
                        They didn't have it on console until the 360 version.
                        Also, I believe the French and German translations are relatively recent developments, no?

Regardless, there is a pretty large influx of new players recently, and while there is no statistical evidence that these are Europeans, my recent partying experiences have led me to believe that is mostly true.
                        RDM70 | BLM37 | WHM18 | BST12

Comment

Well, anecdotal evidence has always been the best kind to base an assumption on.

Comment

I'm on shiva, and it seems we have a lot of lower levels. Maybe it depends on the time of the day and your job.
                            BRD 75 WHM 44 RDM 20 NIN 23 WAR 20 THF 16

Score: Maat 3 Prons 1
                            Bard Maat Masher: Shiva Record Holder, 4 minutes, 47 seconds.

Comment

Working...
                            X