Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New AN Equipment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
    Cobra Unit Cloche: Looks usable for BLM and SCH?
    Cobra Unit Gloves: Usable by SCH, and maybe by BLM when resist isn't any concern at all.

MAB and Conserve MP together isn't a bad combination. They also come earlier than the Yigit set, so should be thought of as another couple of reasonable alternatives for BLM and SCH on the way up. (Especially since they are easier to get than the Yigit set. Probably.)
    I haven't campaigned since the update, but prior to it you'd have earned about 70,000 allied notes just reaching the medal required to purchase these items. "When resist rate isn't a concern" is sorta funny because that's the whole point of the set bonus. Less than +10 M Acc. and I wouldn't really bother with the set, and I'm poor, loaded with A.N., and don't do Assault with any regularity. Hands are good for SCH 68-71, then I think Errant beats them.

(Errant hands boost my BLM's damage more than Igqira hands, which are also 2 MAB. If there's a chance of being resisted I use Wizard's Gloves.)

Comment

Originally posted by Onionsoilder View Post
      can get about 1000 AN a day JUST fron Campaign Ops. So it depends on how often people to Campaign.
      You can acquire AN pretty damn fast from battles.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

http://i32.tinypic.com/dvoh9s.jpg

Fourthe Haube~ whatever set. Bastok's 40ks
        In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
        And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
        Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
        Yeah, It’s true.
        It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Originally posted by ItachiKujata View Post
          These look pretty nice...

{Rare}{EX} Iron Ram sallet
          Head
          DEF:29 HP+20 Enmity+5 "Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Set: Increases all elemental resistances
          Lv.68 WAR/PLD/DRK

{Rare}{EX} Iron Ram dastanas
          Hands
          DEF:22 HP+20 Enmity+4 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Set: Increases all elemental resistances
          Lv.68 WAR/PLD/DRK
          This is very nice Paladin gear for end-game. Net Enmity+9, MDEF+5, HP+40 and +5 resistance is very, very nice in a number of situations (Tiamat, Jormungandr, Bahamut, Ouryu, Cerberus, etc.).

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
            I'm not really sure who would actually want to use these pieces of gear. Unless the set bonus is substantial (i.e. MACC+10 or Counter+5), the pieces themselves are pretty unimpressive.

Icemage
            I guess we know that you don't play Puppetmaster at all.

The gloves are amazing for us.
            Nagasaki - Odin - 75 Puppetmaster

Comment

I've actually been looking at the Cobra Unit cap and Cobra unit mitten for my COR/DNC build and a forward investment on high level DNC gear. These pieces actually do help in places where gear has been lacking for WotG jobs and even some ToA ones.

Cuz, you know, RoZ and CoP content still doesn't cover "the best" for the newer jobs. That content is great for jobs released in FFXI and RoZ, but hit or miss for ToA/WotG set. Its something SE needs to start thinking about a bit more, but seem to be (infuriatingly) answering in new content instead of the older content.

DNC and SCH are totally left out of Sky abjurations, PUP still is, which is unforgivable. COR and BLU got Crim set, OK. BLU gets mafakkin' Homam and COR, PUP, SCH and DNC get accessories. ToA AF+1, where art thou? DNC and SCH get Nyzul gear, but not Salvage gear? W...T...F.

Oh yeah, and then there's ToA Relic Armor, still AWOL.

Well, at the very least, now that they've refined ToA jobs and cemented SCH and DNC's definition, maybe now they can update these jobs for older endgame gear.
              Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 03-13-2008, 07:54 PM.

Comment

All I have to say is this: I hope they introduce a way to get off-nation AN equipment, much like you can pay extra for other nations' conquest equipment in some situations. Is it really fair to penalize people who chose the "wrong" nation for their job at least two medals to get gear? Heck, I'd pay 80,000 AN if it meant I stayed in my nation and only got docked one medal for "lack of national pride" in the choice. -- Pteryx

Comment

As it stands, if you campaign a lot, and reached the top rank, and ... judging by when they'll release the next update with hopefully more ranks, you have .... 3-4 months to get those 2 medals back and still move to the 3rd nation of choice for that gear and will probably still be able to move back to your primary nation and rank to the top again.
                  [LadyKiKi]
                  Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
                  .:|The Prototype BST|:.
                  Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

Originally posted by Pteryx View Post
                    All I have to say is this: I hope they introduce a way to get off-nation AN equipment, much like you can pay extra for other nations' conquest equipment in some situations. Is it really fair to penalize people who chose the "wrong" nation for their job at least two medals to get gear? Heck, I'd pay 80,000 AN if it meant I stayed in my nation and only got docked one medal for "lack of national pride" in the choice. -- Pteryx
                    QFT

There's no way in hell I'd ever switch to sandy despite wanting those new Enm/Mdef+ stuff. If I had access to them I would certainly grab the set (btw, I think having smaller 'sets' like this is freaking awesome) for my Def build War.
                    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Pteryx View Post
                      When I change loyalties in WotGs nations, I keep my allied notes and lose two medals. No big deal there, I can get those medals back easy in 10 days and cap out rank again.

When I change nations for Nation Rank 1-10 Missions, I lose all conquest points and all my outpost warps. By contrast, those are much harder things to regain than Allied Campaign Rank and Allied Notes. Conquest falls out of vouge at level 55, making it hard to get some of the high rank gear unless I want to level a dozen subjobs. And some outpost territories my go unclaimed by a specific nation for weeks, months or even years depending on your server.

So I'm not seeing your problem. I think Conquest needs to be restructured, not Campaign. At least by stripping you of medals for changing nations is in-character with the theme in Campaign. With Nation Rank, the penalties are an extreme annoyance and prohibitive to experiencing the stories of other nations - and story is one of the major hallmarks of Final Fantasy. No matter what affliation I pick in Campaign, the national storys in WoTG are simply quests anyone can do and not missions.
                      Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 03-14-2008, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Actually the only thing you lose when you change Conquest nations is the OP warps. You'll still retain everything else, including CP, when you switch back to your previous nation.

And iirc, you can still buy all other Conquest items from other nations just by paying more CP, so you don't even have to switch. Which is why there's no complaints for those items. I can access them with a *minor* and completely understandable 'penalty'. But for me to switch nations and lose two medals just to buy *two* items, then switch back and lose *another* two items is a bit much.

They should make it so you can buy other nation's items at increased AN costs like Conquest because some people don't want to switch nations for mediocre gear.
                        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                          And iirc, you can still buy all other Conquest items from other nations just by paying more CP, so you don't even have to switch. Which is why there's no complaints for those items. I can access them with a *minor* and completely understandable 'penalty'. But for me to switch nations and lose two medals just to buy *two* items, then switch back and lose *another* two items is a bit much.
                          No, you cannot. Rank 1 items are cannot be purchased from foreign nations outside your own.

Other items that can be purchased are up to Rank 2 items (and only if your nation is ahead of the nation you want to purchase items from).

Losing 2 medals is really no big deal though, if you campaign much you'll rank up incredibly easily. One way you might want to do it is to switch then buy 2 items, rank again to max, then switch again, buy 2 items, rank up to max, keep doing campaign until new items come out, buy the (hopefully released) new items in the update, then move back to whatever nation of your choice.

EDIT: Rank 1 = when (nation) is first in tally/conquest, not "rank" 1 specifically.
                          Last edited by LadyKiKi; 03-14-2008, 10:09 AM.
                          [LadyKiKi]
                          Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
                          .:|The Prototype BST|:.
                          Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                            They should make it so you can buy other nation's items at increased AN costs like Conquest because some people don't want to switch nations for mediocre gear.
                            You could just say, "This stuff isn't good for my jobs," and leave it at that. Some of these pieces give more than enough incentive to switch over if you have jobs that can benefit from them.

At any rate, enough of the boo-hoo-piss-piss-moan-cry over losing two f'n medals. Its ridiculous considering how easy it is to get these medals back.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyKiKi View Post
                              No, you cannot. Rank 1 items are cannot be purchased from foreign nations outside your own.

Other items that can be purchased are up to Rank 2 items (and only if your nation is ahead of the nation you want to purchase items from).EDIT: Rank 1 = when (nation) is first in tally/conquest, not "rank" 1 specifically.
                              But that's a temporary prevention at best and another reason to participate in Conquest to increase your nations standing. The top nation being able to buy lower nations gear is a perk to being the best.

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                              You could just say, "This stuff isn't good for my jobs," and leave it at that. Some of these pieces give more than enough incentive to switch over if you have jobs that can benefit from them.

At any rate, enough of the boo-hoo-piss-piss-moan-cry over losing two f'n medals. Its ridiculous considering how easy it is to get these medals back.
                              But the stuff *is* good for my jobs. It's not the best, and it's somewhat situational, but it's far more attainable then other options and very attractive to own. And the fact that it is attainable and situational makes these items very desirable to many players, but they're turned off to obtaining them because they have to switch nations just to get them. Despite how 'easy' it is to rank up, there's still a 2 week wait just to get *back* to a point you were before. Even more once you switch back and lose those two medals *again*. And for players who've leveled multiple jobs, and can make use of items from different nations, it's even worse. If you want the Acc set for a light melee and the Mdef set for a tank, but were allied in Bastok, you would have to give up 4 medals just to get them.

It's "ridiculous" that I have to jump from city alligance to city alligance to get these items. Losing medals for not participating in campaign or for switching cities I can understand, but forcing players to switch cities to get these items is a bad concept. Especially when they know there's a system similar to this with a much better way of obtaining items from other nations.

And for the record, I think permanently losing your OP warps, the *only* downside to switching nations in conquest, is a bad idea too.

Comment

BLU actually gets both Homan and Nashmeira (sp?)

Pretty sick IMO. Where's the love for the new jobs? Mercurial Kris for DNC kthxbye.
                                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X