New AN Equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AN Equipment

One thing I have notices about this update I find interesting, is the new gear that has been added to the Allied Notes Item Exchange. For Windurst specifically, four new items have been added: A set of Hat and Gloves for both Mage and Melee jobs.

Cobra Unit Cloche Rare/EX
    [Head]All Races
    DEF:12 HP+15 MP+15
    "Magic Attack Bonus" +1
    "Conserve MP" +2
    Set: Increases Magic Accuracy
    Lv 68 WHM/BLMRDM/BRD/SMN/BLU/PUP/SCH

Cobra Unit Gloves Rare/EX
    [Hands]All Races
    DEF:12 HP+18 MP+18
    "Magic Attack Bonus" +2
    "Conserve MP" +3
    Set: Increases Magic Accuracy
    Lv 68 WHM/BLMRDM/BRD/SMN/BLU/PUP/SCH

Cobra Unit Cap Rare/EX
    [Head]All Races
    DEF: 22 Accuracy +4
    "Store TP" +2
    Enimity -4
    Set: Enhances "Counter" effect
    Lv 68 MNK/THF/RNG/BLU/COR/PUP/DNC

Cobra Unit Mittens Rare/EX
    [Hands]All Races
    DEF: 13 Accuracy +4
    "Store TP" +3
    Enimity -3
    Set: Enhances "Counter" effect
    Lv 68 MNK/THF/RNG/BLU/COR/PUP/DNC

Each items costs 40,000 Allied Notes. I expect there are similar items for each of the other nations. Now what I am wondering, is because there is only a hat + gloves for each, does this qualify for a "set"? Or are there remaining Body/Leg/Feet pieces that are yet to be introduced? Since both of the Set effects can't be determined in the stats screen, we can't simply buy both and see what happens. Is this possible to figure out with .dat mining or anything?
    Originally posted by Ellipses
    Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
    Originally posted by MCLV
    A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
    More Sig:

Re: New AN Equipment

Are there icons/pictures for these? I really want to know what they look like. (and the others)

EDIT: Don't forget in the highest tier assaults, gear has been released for maybe 2-3 slots only which also count as a set.
    EDIT2: From what I read also, the bonuses apply like in the lower tier of the AN items. For example, the Iron Ram set, for each piece you equip after the first one, you gain one attack (and presumably 1 accuracy).
    [LadyKiKi]
    Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
    .:|The Prototype BST|:.
    Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

I'm not really sure who would actually want to use these pieces of gear. Unless the set bonus is substantial (i.e. MACC+10 or Counter+5), the pieces themselves are pretty unimpressive.

Icemage

Comment

These look pretty nice...

{Rare}{EX} Iron Ram sallet
        Head
        DEF:29 HP+20 Enmity+5 "Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Set: Increases all elemental resistances
        Lv.68 WAR/PLD/DRK

{Rare}{EX} Iron Ram dastanas
        Hands
        DEF:22 HP+20 Enmity+4 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Set: Increases all elemental resistances
        Lv.68 WAR/PLD/DRK
        75 WHM / 75 WAR / 75 NIN / 75 PLD
        Bloodstone LS (Kujata) - http://www.sideburn.org/bloodstone/forum
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ItachiKujata View Post
          These look pretty nice...

{Rare}{EX} Iron Ram sallet
          Head
          DEF:29 HP+20 Enmity+5 "Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Set: Increases all elemental resistances
          Lv.68 WAR/PLD/DRK

{Rare}{EX} Iron Ram dastanas
          Hands
          DEF:22 HP+20 Enmity+4 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Set: Increases all elemental resistances
          Lv.68 WAR/PLD/DRK
          It was reported that the set increases not on the first equip, but only on the second. And it's a mere +5 increase.

A good alternative for those unable to get better gears, but for everything else, Crimson Legs and Feet combined (I know I know, who wears them anyway, the feet especially) will cover for all the resistance. Hands make a good alternative I suppose to PLDs unable to get Honam Hands, the head is a good replacement to those unable to get Bahamut's Mask or Aegishrhamrhamrelal (however you spell it, drops off Fafnir).

Apparently they look very pretty, although I have yet to see any in game yet.
          [LadyKiKi]
          Soloed to 75

[DRG | BST | PLD | NIN | RDM | THF | DRK | WHM | SAM]

all done via BST sub where applicable (no DRG/BST!)
          .:|The Prototype BST|:.
          Xtreme Precision Soloing [XPS]

Comment

Of course they're not the best pieces for those slots but they're easy to get alternatives to the other gear... definitely useful pieces... and the MDB and elemental resist on them is just icing on the cake. I just got the Iron Ram dastanas and they do look nice... I haven't seen the head piece yet though
            75 WHM / 75 WAR / 75 NIN / 75 PLD
            Bloodstone LS (Kujata) - http://www.sideburn.org/bloodstone/forum
            sigpic

Comment

Well, to me is seems that SE has been leaning more and more to solo alternatives. That is, thing that are not as good as group-obtained rewards(Abujerations, HNMs, EXP PT) but still decent for those who can not, or do not, want to participate in the events(Campaign, Low-Man Missions, "Mini" Gear(Like this stuff, not as good as Yigit or Zenith but soloable))
              Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
              A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
              More Sig:

Comment

The last 2 pieces there are actually pretty damned good for a MNK.
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

The Iron Ram Sallet and Dastanas look to be competitive with Adaman set's head and hands, and beats out Gallant's head and hands for turtle style tanking in exp parties.

(Enter the standard disclaimer here that many believe today's PLDs should tank in DD gears, etc.)

For endgame use, even if the elemental resist from set is negligible, perhaps the MDB is still desirable? I mean, is there any gear in head slot for better MDB, or any MDB at all for the hands slot? Given that a Lamian Kaman +1 runs about 1.2 mil (on Ifrit) for MDB+2, having a combined MDB+5 from "cheap" gear can't be a bad thing.

May help someone to surve a Gigaflare or two so can actually have a chance to lot on Bahamut's Mask?

Edit:

Cobra Unit Cloche: Looks usable for BLM and SCH?
                  Cobra Unit Gloves: Usable by SCH, and maybe by BLM when resist isn't any concern at all.

MAB and Conserve MP together isn't a bad combination. They also come earlier than the Yigit set, so should be thought of as another couple of reasonable alternatives for BLM and SCH on the way up. (Especially since they are easier to get than the Yigit set. Probably.)
                  Last edited by ItazuraNhomango; 03-11-2008, 05:46 AM.
                  Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                  yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                  Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                  leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I agree with IfritnoItazura. Both Iron Ram Sallet and Dastanas have their usage. Having alternative is a good thing.
                    Server: Quetzalcoatl
                    Race: Hume Rank 7
                    75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                      Edit:

Cobra Unit Cloche: Looks usable for BLM and SCH?
                      Cobra Unit Gloves: Usable by SCH, and maybe by BLM when resist isn't any concern at all.

MAB and Conserve MP together isn't a bad combination. They also come earlier than the Yigit set, so should be thought of as another couple of reasonable alternatives for BLM and SCH on the way up. (Especially since they are easier to get than the Yigit set. Probably.)
                      I dunno, I think I'd still stick with my BLM AF hat and gloves.
                      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Well Yigit costs 20,000 Assault Points, and a player, if they do an assault a day(or four assaults every four days), can get that in about 15 days. On the other hand, this costs 40,000 Allied Notes, and a player of the Emblem II Rank(Emblem I is required to unlock this division of items) can get about 1000 AN a day JUST fron Campaign Ops. So it depends on how often people to Campaign.
                        More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                          I dunno, I think I'd still stick with my BLM AF hat and gloves.
                          Old hat has INT, new hat has MAB+1. Either is fine, really.

Nuking IT's, I'd bet on AF gloves, but a non-endgame BLM75 soloing puddings may be able to get away with MAB for gloves instead of Elemental Magic skill?

Originally posted by Onionsoilder View Post
                          Well Yigit costs 20,000 Assault Points, and a player, if they do an assault a day(or four assaults every four days), can get that in about 15 days. On the other hand, this costs 40,000 Allied Notes, and a player of the Emblem II Rank(Emblem I is required to unlock this division of items) can get about 1000 AN a day JUST fron Campaign Ops. So it depends on how often people to Campaign.
                          You're looking at it from the perspective of a Lv.75 player who can probably find people to static Assault with.

A up-and-coming Lv.65-ish players diligently looking to get gears ready for the final 10 levels most likely will have his shouts for level capped Assaults ignored. Counting on steady progress in Assault is pretty impractical for players without a static group, and especially those who don't have a Lv.75 job already.
                          Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                          yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                          Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                          leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Although a few levels higher Igqira hands (if you cannot obtain better) are superior to Cobra hands and I would use AF hat over the Cobra head any day of the week.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'd get the cap for whm and the hands for rdm myself.

For the mnk/thf kind hands are decent enough to get for both jobs.
                              Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Working...
                              X