The Yuhtunga Jungle Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Yuhtunga Jungle Challenge

Your mission: To get from Sea Serpent Grotto to Kazham on a Lv.31 or lower job, barefoot, using no form of Sneak/Invis nor Utsusemi.

ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH?

Re: The Yuhtunga Jungle Challenge

I've done "the naked run" as an LS event before, but only from one of the starting cities to Jeuno. This sounds like an intriguing challenge.

Curious... why level 31 or lower? Why not level 1 period?
    Lyonheart
    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
      Your mission: To get from Sea Serpent Grotto to Kazham on a Lv.31 or lower job, barefoot, using no form of Sneak/Invis nor Utsusemi.

ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH?
      Considering I have trouble getting through that zone as a lvl 48 without getting aggro the only way I see it being done is to do it when there is an overload of parties in the zone(you may get lucky and have all the mobs killed for you.

I have a challange for you: to get through the zone without sneak, invis, naked with no map
      u have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them

Comment

Curious... why level 31 or lower? Why not level 1 period?
        Because most people level from 25-30 in the jungles, so while they're already there, why not try it? :D
        Considering I have trouble getting through that zone as a lvl 48 without getting aggro the only way I see it being done is to do it when there is an overload of parties in the zone(you may get lucky and have all the mobs killed for you.
        Nope. I almost made it today. Goblin cheated me out of a victory in the very very last tunnel (note to self: curves in tunnels are deadly.) But I at least made it far enough to see Kazham's gates before using Mijin Gakure.

I have, however, made the trip from Yhoator zone line to Kazham.

As for the no map thing: I more or less have the whole zone memorized by now, and my goal is not to get aggroed so the naked part wouldn't be much of a concern (odds are if I get aggro I'm going down, naked or not.)

Comment

ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH?
          I take it sleep, sheep song, gravity, or bind are out of the question.

As a side note: on my 1st characture I tried to get from Bastok to Jeuno as a lvl 2(with no sub-job----I was a noob and wanted to check it out) and made it as far as the 1st gob in the dunes(of course the 1st tunnel in the dunes would have been fun to try to get through-I may actually try to do this with 1 of my lvl 1's)
          u have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them

Comment

When I first started, I ran my lvl 2 ass from Windurst to San d'Oria, then Bastok, all on 100 gil (ferry). Not that hard, just very, very time consuming.

At least I finally got Sea Horror back for the time he got me on that run the very first day I played on my own character (I obviously had prior experience on a friend's character before I got my copy in the mail).

Fun Times!

Comment

I take it sleep, sheep song, gravity, or bind are out of the question.
              Only in self-defense.

But odds are using it for anything other than that purpose would get you killed anyways, since the only thing that should aggro you are gobs. They'll hunt you down unless it's raining, and then you'll have a massive train on you.

But yeah. The point is to avoid aggro.
              Not that hard, just very, very time consuming.
              That's more or less what the Yuhtunga Jungle Challenge is like. Getting through those tunnels requires a lot of patience.
              ------------------------------------------
              Bahaha. I made it today, completely unaggroed. Took about 15 minutes.
              Last edited by Armando; 01-06-2008, 03:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Someone change Armando's personal title to Solid Snake.
                "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

This challenge is easy.

Step 1: Get a level 75 friend to aggro everything.
                  Step 2: Stroll casually behind them as the too-weak monsters flail impotently away and ignore your existence.
                  Step 3: Win the challenge.

Icemage

Comment

I figured someone would post that eventually. But I was too lazy to say that that's cheating.

Now that it's been brought up: that's cheating. ;P

Comment

Best thing to do about Elshimo imo is chocobo digging. Just a small amount of that every week will get you very familiar with it very quickly, and can be profitable, or at least entertaining.

I obviously couldn't do it now, but I could easily get good times on the chocobo run there, and have walked around without aggro (although I almost always remembered sneak supplies)

Really, the only way to be able to excel in things like that is to either force yourself to learn them, or be forgetful. Either way, I learned how to avoid almost all aggro very quickly-- running from Windy to San d'Oria at Lv6 on your first job just to piss off your LS will do that. Learning my way around the Jungles took a bit longer, but still wasn't too bad.

Heck, nowadays you have chocobo whistles and new fangled stuff like that, you don't even have to worry about getting stuck in the middle of nowhere anymore.

Comment

ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH?
                        Done it. /yawn

I've also reached Balga's Dais at level 1, and gone from Windurst to San d'Oria on foot at level 1. Got killed by worms a few times and Bloodtear once.

Edit: Pfft, don't need no higher levels to aggro stuff.

Comment

Coinspinner: Have you ever duo'd the COP sewer mission?

I did one time-- sadly, it was actually easier than going in an alliance. I went in an alliance, got the key or whatever, it disolved because alliances tend to be full of stupid assholes, I got a friend to come later to help me finish it.

He was a Lv6SMN.

Galka.

But we still got through it pretty easily ><

Comment

Wow, can't believe someone else thought of doing something so pointless.

And yeah, Feba, I hate bringing alliances to any CoP area. There's always one idiot who gets lost, someone who's on /follow, or the mob just plain turns around while the whole "train" is moving.

How did you duo the Minotaur though?

Comment

He said he had an alliance for that part then it disbanded. All he would have had to do then was go touch a ??? I think it is. So long ago my minds a blank. Something along those lines.
                              75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                              Woodworking 91.9+2
                              ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Working...
                              X