Re: Will Al Zahbi be Thrown to the Wolves?
I just came to say that Besieged sucks ass. I hope that the beastmen take the AC and asplode it until a million pieces, so there will never be Besieged again. That's what they get for making it impossible to do one on 360.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Will Al Zahbi be Thrown to the Wolves?
Collapse
X
-
Re: Will Al Zahbi be Thrown to the Wolves?
Only read half this topic, but I just felt I had to say something.
Have any of you anti tp-burn people just stopped for a second and even made the attempt to think that just maybe getting the maximum amount of exp per hour someone can possibly get is fun for some people?
I mean, when I join an exp pt...I do it because I want EXP. So watching that TNL drop like a rock as we tear through mobs...at any level...makes me feel real good. It means I can get through the grind, which I don't care what you say that's all exping will ever be, and do some actual *fun* stuff with new gear, new abilities and not worry about delvling.
TP burns are not something new with ToAU and they were always the fastest way to gain EXP. It wasn't an accident SE made mobs that have no defense, little HP, hi-repop rates in small areas that will con T-VT in a place where you can get an EXP bonus per kill. TP burns were one of the favored ways to merit before ToAU but had very few places where it could work effectively. So SE gave everyone an entire expansion where they could do it. It's not an exploit, it's how it was meant to be. You're still free to take your friends and go kill harder mobs for less exp in unexplored areas, so while you're having your fun, you can leave everyone else alone to have theirs.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Will Al Zahbi be Thrown to the Wolves?
Those are what are normally burned that I have killed (here is the tricky part for you) not burning. I have killed near every mob in the game aside from DL without a burn (unless you count not using 2hrs as not burning). The only mob that is in this game I haven't killed is AV, period.Originally posted by Akashimo View PostThe phrasing sounds like you burned it, we want non burned.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Will Al Zahbi be Thrown to the Wolves?
The phrasing sounds like you burned it, we want non burned.Originally posted by Sevv View PostSeriously ok not counting the lol god/jailers/lolhnms.
Jol
Vrtra
Bahamut V2
Tiamat
Jorgy
Ouru Rematch
That is the only things usually burned (Tp/Mana/Smn) anyways.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Will Al Zahbi be Thrown to the Wolves?
Im still waiting for the responses to how unskilled my list are from Aka and BBQ. Come on I'm waiting, also post up the list of major accomplishments you guys have done! ^^/
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Will Al Zahbi be Thrown to the Wolves?
Still, it would be nice if the numbers didn't say "Go to Aht Urghan, fight these relatively weak mobs, and you'll get much higher XP than anywhere else," but they do ... at least, until the camps get too crowded and people keep going there anyway.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Will Al Zahbi be Thrown to the Wolves?
Can't you fight harder monsters with friends/linkshells, HNM etc.?
For merit points or experience points I rather fight in a 30,000 per hour fashion.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Will Al Zahbi be Thrown to the Wolves?
Doesn't change any fact that 30k exp an hour is greater then 15k exp an hour period, and actually i average near 35k/hr but I actually hate meripos so this is kind a useless thing to argue.Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View PostYou don't get the better merit PTs than the rest of us, you get the same ones most of us get. There is no longer anything special about getting 30k in an hour. It has nothing do with your gear or even having tons of merits. Meritpo is just another mindless grind in this game where no actual skill is involved.
Just every now and then, I'd prefer to have a break from that bullshit and do something different, see a different part of the game. Merit in Sea not just to get triggers, merit in Uleguard Range, Merit in Lufaise, on Trolls, on Yagudo. Merit on something that isn't pink, resistant to magic and surrounded by pussywhipped WARs who never held a GA in thier lives.
To me, EXP is EXP is EXP. I've played the jobs that lose more of it, the jobs that get it the easiest and the jobs that spend the most to get it. EXP per hour and EXP loss means very little to me. 15k is fine, 30k is fine. Chances are, I won't have to rely on LS merito just to recap.
Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View PostList what you didn't zerg, in addition to what wasn't manaburned, KC Blood Weapon-ed or CS/Stunned to death and then we'll talk about "challenge."Seriously ok not counting the lol god/jailers/lolhnms.Originally posted by Akashimo View PostQFT.
I agree, lets see these challenges.
Non zerg JoL and Kirin are always fun. Mostly Kirin as rdm then running for my life when I finally take hate XD Love doing that.
Jol
Vrtra
Bahamut V2
Tiamat
Jorgy
Ouru Rematch
That is the only things usually burned (Tp/Mana/Smn) anyways. Well you can add khim but its not like khim is anything that is omg O.o! I have also 6-8 Manned most of the hnms in the game so really just as a heads up tp burn is effective but nothing in this game is really hard anyways, those yags aren't much harder then mamools anyways lol. The only thing that is constantly burned that i haven't done w/o zerg is DL well unless you count DL w/o 2hrs a nonzerg or killing animated horn after it aggroed us w/o a zerg. Guys I have a secret endgame isn't hard.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Will Al Zahbi be Thrown to the Wolves?
Alright. People play the game for fun.Originally posted by Omniblast View PostNot only are you (BBQ) wasting your time leveling on harder mobs, but your wasting 5 other people's times as well.
If fighting harder mobs is fun for them, they're getting what they pay for. And it's quite possibly a better use of their time than fighting weaker mobs.
Is it the most effective method of gaining merit points? Probably not. Is it a waste of time? Only if you play to see numbers go up instead of to have fun. And honestly, if that's the case, you might as well just pay an RMT to level your character.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Will Al Zahbi be Thrown to the Wolves?
Apparently, the game is more fun and challenging when you play it from up on your high horse.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Will Al Zahbi be Thrown to the Wolves?
QFT.Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View PostMeritpo is just another mindless grind in this game where no actual skill is involved.
Right, evolved into something stupid given the ToAU trend.Originally posted by Sevv View PostI evolve with the game
Exception to Yags since I haven't been there yet, all fun camps when there isn't someone bitching about exp/hr that is usually the cause of the slow kills.Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View PostJust every now and then, I'd prefer to have a break from that bullshit and do something different, see a different part of the game. Merit in Sea not just to get triggers, merit in Uleguard Range, Merit in Lufaise, on Trolls, on Yagudo. Merit on something that isn't pink, resistant to magic and surrounded by pussywhipped WARs who never held a GA in thier lives.
I agree, lets see these challenges.Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View PostList what you didn't zerg, in addition to what wasn't manaburned, KC Blood Weapon-ed or CS/Stunned to death and then we'll talk about "challenge."
Non zerg JoL and Kirin are always fun. Mostly Kirin as rdm then running for my life when I finally take hate XD Love doing that.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Will Al Zahbi be Thrown to the Wolves?
Funny how thin it is, that line between progression and exploitation.Originally posted by Sevv View PostI evolve with the game, instead of sitting with a single ideal, there fore I will get better exp, etc.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Will Al Zahbi be Thrown to the Wolves?
You don't get the better merit PTs than the rest of us, you get the same ones most of us get. There is no longer anything special about getting 30k in an hour. It has nothing do with your gear or even having tons of merits. Meritpo is just another mindless grind in this game where no actual skill is involved.Originally posted by Sevv View PostReally now? I haven't merited in sometime, most of my recent exp has been in campgain. I am sorry that i constantly get better merit parties then you, or that I dont refuse mire burns so I get better exp. I evolve with the game, instead of sitting with a single ideal, there fore I will get better exp, etc.
Just every now and then, I'd prefer to have a break from that bullshit and do something different, see a different part of the game. Merit in Sea not just to get triggers, merit in Uleguard Range, Merit in Lufaise, on Trolls, on Yagudo. Merit on something that isn't pink, resistant to magic and surrounded by pussywhipped WARs who never held a GA in thier lives.
To me, EXP is EXP is EXP. I've played the jobs that lose more of it, the jobs that get it the easiest and the jobs that spend the most to get it. EXP per hour and EXP loss means very little to me. 15k is fine, 30k is fine. Chances are, I won't have to rely on LS merito just to recap.
List what you didn't zerg, in addition to what wasn't manaburned, KC Blood Weapon-ed or CS/Stunned to death and then we'll talk about "challenge."And just to keep something straight here, I have killed much harder challanges then most here.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Will Al Zahbi be Thrown to the Wolves?
Originally posted by Akashimo View PostPeople who take the harder challenges are the ones who actually enjoy the game. People like Sevv I bet wouldn't pay another cent if ToAU suddenly gotten taken out of and can't get lolSanction meripo.
^^ like for example I recently beat Fenrir on Darksday during a Full Moon without a single SMN in the PT; We were WHM NIN NIN MNK BRD BLM and managed just fine without any accidents.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Will Al Zahbi be Thrown to the Wolves?
Really now? I haven't merited in sometime, most of my recent exp has been in campgain. I am sorry that i constantly get better merit parties then you, or that I dont refuse mire burns so I get better exp. I evolve with the game, instead of sitting with a single ideal, there fore I will get better exp, etc.Originally posted by Akashimo View PostIf it was wasting 5 other people's time they wouldn't have stayed 5 minutes.
People who take the harder challenges are the ones who actually enjoy the game. People like Sevv I bet wouldn't pay another cent if ToAU suddenly gotten taken out of and can't get lolSanction meripo.
And just to keep something straight here, I have killed much harder challanges then most here.
Leave a comment:


Leave a comment: