Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Ultimate Osaka event wrap up

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lunaryn
    replied
    Re: Super Ultimate Osaka event wrap up

    Originally posted by Tsrwedge View Post
    If they'd let us call macroes from inside macroes, I'd be perfectly happy with six lines.
    It's very clear that SE wants to avoid the ability to do any sort of complex automation from within macros. The potential to drive a bot through macros without even needing 3rd-party tools is enough to keep them FAR away from this. That said, paranoia about this is one of few reasons I could see for SE actually choosing to concede on longer lines and more complex /equip syntax rather than simply increasing the number of lines...

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: Super Ultimate Osaka event wrap up

    It sure as hell would make certain things a lot easier though, like cycling through bard songs or equipment swaps =/


    Still, 4000 macros now... *speechless*

    Leave a comment:


  • Tsrwedge
    replied
    Re: Super Ultimate Osaka event wrap up

    No, I suppose too many people would infinitely recurse for maximum annoyance. I retract my previous statement.

    Leave a comment:


  • Armando
    replied
    Re: Super Ultimate Osaka event wrap up

    If they'd let us call macroes from inside macroes, I'd be perfectly happy with six lines.
    This would NEVER be allowed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tsrwedge
    replied
    Re: Super Ultimate Osaka event wrap up

    If they'd let us call macroes from inside macroes, I'd be perfectly happy with six lines.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lunaryn
    replied
    Re: Super Ultimate Osaka event wrap up

    It's been a while since I used 640x480, but yes, the number of lines is far more important to people than the number of palettes you can configure at one time. This is one of if not the most common reason people who admit (outside of FFXI) to using W6r cite as to why they won't switch off of it when Windowed mode gets implemented. As it is, I have to hit separate macros to equip for a JA and execute the JA, and I have to hit 2 macros to switch back to standard DoT equipment. Add to that the fact that the keyboard polling to trigger the macros isn't very reliable, and it's just a load of frustration with the interface that serves no legitimate purpose.

    I'd say the number of lines per macro needs to be increased to at least 10. (Either that, or add a command to swap in a number of equipment pieces at once. I think increasing lines is the more plausible concession on SE's part.)

    Leave a comment:


  • Omgwtfbbqkitten
    replied
    Re: Super Ultimate Osaka event wrap up

    I was about to compose a RNG question for SE until I read that. I hope there's some new tiers of ammo (and the ability to be hasted) along with those changes

    Leave a comment:


  • Akashimo
    replied
    Re: Super Ultimate Osaka event wrap up

    <_<; Gunblade Master {Yes please.}

    Leave a comment:


  • Dymlos
    replied
    Re: Super Ultimate Osaka event wrap up

    >.<!!! Damn it SE! Why must you hate Mystic Knight! ; ;!! I'm a sad panda! ; ; But at least this makes me feel a little better.

    * Being a Ranger, the MC expressed his intent to quit Ranger to play Dancer. He was delighted to then hear that Ranger is set to receive new abilities and changed his mind, proclaiming, "Ranger for life!"

    Leave a comment:


  • Balfree
    replied
    Re: Super Ultimate Osaka event wrap up

    but but...



    Leave a comment:


  • Murphie
    replied
    Re: Super Ultimate Osaka event wrap up

    Scrollbars exist in the game windows already (Linklist, /sea, Equip). I don't see why they couldn't be implemented for macros.

    Leave a comment:


  • ItazuraNhomango
    replied
    Re: Super Ultimate Osaka event wrap up

    The concern S-E seems to be addressing is that many players need multiple pallets per job (*cough* RDM *cough*), and a lot of players have leveled more than a handful of jobs.

    I'm not on PS2, but if you set the chat log to maximum heigh (change it via Config), how much room is there left between the macro edit's bottom and the top of the chat log? If there's not much room, I would not expect any expansion to number of lines per macro, due to UI constraints. If there's room, then maybe it could be added.

    Leave a comment:


  • Murphie
    replied
    Re: Super Ultimate Osaka event wrap up

    Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
    I'm curious about the macro pallate thing, though. They said we'd get 20 lists for each job, which is nice, but means little if they don't extend how much we can program into a single macro. I feel really limited by the existing number of lines we get per macro and it could stand to be extended.
    That seems to be the common feeling. I mean, yeah, great, more macros, so I can just write all my job macros ahead of time. But six lines? Not so great.

    Leave a comment:


  • Omgwtfbbqkitten
    replied
    Re: Super Ultimate Osaka event wrap up

    Yeah they claim that there's only two jobs doesn't exactly jibe when they also said they'd announce one at the Nov 15th US fanfest, right?

    Though, to be honest, if these were the only two jobs added, I'd be perfectly content with that since they look exactly like the kinds of jobs we need in the game right. So far, I'm sold on both.

    I'm curious about the macro pallate thing, though. They said we'd get 20 lists for each job, which is nice, but means little if they don't extend how much we can program into a single macro. I feel really limited by the existing number of lines we get per macro and it could stand to be extended.

    Leave a comment:


  • Taskmage
    replied
    Re: Super Ultimate Osaka event wrap up

    Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
    does this mean Malacite has to change avatar to eating a hat, since Time Mage is now confirmed not included?
    No, that's me. And I'll get a hat ready, but since they said "at this time" I'm gonna keep holding out for another annoucement at the next festival.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X