Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 bucks a week, and I give you my password? I think not.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 20 bucks a week, and I give you my password? I think not.

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    I know some people who befriend the RMT's so that they can keep track of them. Then they know when spawn times are and stuff for KB, Aspid, etc.

Anyone who has been contacted in this manner should definately use the above link and report them. If they get enough complaints then hopefully they'll post an official warning of some sort.
    Yeah, I've heard of people doing that. Personally, I'm not so obsessed about RMT that I'm going to let it constantly interfere with my playtime. Though if I'm really bored, I'll go bug a fishing bot or follow around someone with a name like Elhdgh, but I usually get bored of that pretty quick and find something more productive to do.

I'm hoping they release an official warning about this, too, even though (hopefully) anyone contacted like this would be smart enough to know better, it'd be nice to get the information out there anyway.
    Tuatha - Tarutaru (Remora)
    WHM75/PLD75/BRD75/RDM75/DRK69/THF62/SAM43/BLM40/BLU39/SMN38/
    WAR37/
    NIN37/BST37/DNC33/RNG29//MNK22/DRG19/PUP8/COR6/SCH1
    Linkshell - PanicMotion
    Windurst Rank 10 - San d'Oria Rank 10 - Bastok Rank 10
    Sky [ x ] Sea [_]
    PLD AFv2 5/5!

Comment

I've seen much better scam attempts on Gaia. (Kailea should know what I'm talking about. >_> ) This was just pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Howler View Post
        I've seen much better scam attempts on Gaia. (Kailea should know what I'm talking about. >_> ) This was just pathetic.

never messed with Gaia ;p I just liked to use this Avatar builder to make avatars ;p
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Hiya Silent Howler~

I know what you're talking about, I've had several scam attempts on Gaia before. There was one day that I had 3 in the same day. >_> Made me sad.

But yeah, the scam attempts were a lot better than that one. Which is why I found the situation so funny in the first place, because she was clearly wanting my password, but was using something that would turn off people and make them not even consider it.

If they want to steal accounts for pl'ing, they should offer more money than just 20 bucks. Nobody in their right mind would hand over their account to RMT for 20 bucks. 100? (a week) Maybe.

I still wouldn't, though.
          WAR37/
          Linkshell - PanicMotion
          Sky [ x ] Sea [_]
          PLD AFv2 5/5!

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
            never messed with Gaia ;p I just liked to use this Avatar builder to make avatars ;p
            Ah okay. I just assumed you went there too.
            Originally posted by Tuatha View Post
            Hiya Silent Howler~

I know what you're talking about, I've had several scam attempts on Gaia before. There was one day that I had 3 in the same day. >_> Made me sad.
            Hiya Tuatha.

I like replying to those messages with quoting the "never give your password info" warning message. >_>

Comment

I got a message from this person but they weren't begging for my info or anything. Here's a copy and paste from my log.
              Date Time From To Message
              10/25/2007 6:54:43 PM onmyway20071@hotmail.com Susurrus howdy
              10/25/2007 6:54:54 PM Susurrus onmyway20071@hotmail.com hi who's this? >.>
              10/25/2007 6:55:36 PM onmyway20071@hotmail.com Susurrus oh . i i got your msn from http://www.ffxionline.com/. i want to play this game.
              10/25/2007 6:56:14 PM Susurrus onmyway20071@hotmail.com oh ok cool
              10/25/2007 6:57:23 PM onmyway20071@hotmail.com Susurrus you play ffxi?
              10/25/2007 6:57:28 PM Susurrus onmyway20071@hotmail.com ya
              10/25/2007 7:00:07 PM Susurrus lulu whats up?
              10/25/2007 7:01:35 PM lulu Susurrus i just want to get know about this game.
              10/25/2007 7:02:55 PM Susurrus lulu ok
              10/25/2007 7:02:59 PM Susurrus lulu what do you wanna know about it

Reasonably enoughI just thought it was a new player wanting advice but they never responded after me asking what they wanna know about it.
              Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
              Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
              Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
              Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
              Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

The 2 that talked to me for couple days both started like that. One said they got my email from alla, the other said FFXIO. Both said they want to try this game and want to talk about it.

Then they asked how long i've been playing and my character levels When I told them I got 6-7 jobs 75, they ask how hard it is to level up and make money. Then eventually they asked to rent my account.

What Interested me was that both spoke kinda broken english.... one of them even admit they were from China.

Other things to point out was that, both uses annoying emoticons (like big blinking face for question mark) and kept sending me message even when I didn't reply.
                There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Jei View Post
                  Other things to point out was that, both uses annoying emoticons (like big blinking face for question mark) and kept sending me message even when I didn't reply.
                  That's funny. I know one guy who has been involved with hacking/scaming on Gaia, and he uses a ton of annoying emoticons too. I guess it's a common trait they share.

Comment

this "lulu" chinese girl also contact me and well she just ask me some FFXI questions but also asked for my char lvls and then she told me that she wanted to try the game and was looking for someone that could guide her on game...then the next day we talked again and she told me that she has found a menthor already,was like...
                    lulu:Hey guess what?
                    Josafath:What?
                    lulu:i found a menthor! ^^
                    Josafath:nice GL on game.

btw she never offered me the $20 for my PW.

Comment

I think you're seriously lacking attention, to attempt to make Lulu
                      seem like a RMT is pure lie.

She's some nice asian person who's trying to get in the game,
                      why the f*** did you pretend she's a RMT?

How the hell can you be evil to the point of trying to get her kicked
                      from a game she can't even play??

Seriously, gtfo, you make me sick
                      But alas, like a lemming over a cliff, you continue.

▲ ········································ ▲

Comment

Um, what?

She outright offered me money for my account, to "borrow" to powerlevel. For a "powerlevelling company". If you even read the chat I posted, you'll see that she admitted that it would be used for RMT purposes.

She never once asked me about the game. Just right out offered money.

How is that not Real Money Trade?

:|

I'm not trying to get an "innocent player" kicked from the game. I'm merely informing the community of what is clearly a problem. I'm not the only one who has been contacted by her.

Please read the first post.
                        WAR37/
                        Linkshell - PanicMotion
                        Sky [ x ] Sea [_]
                        PLD AFv2 5/5!

Comment

Just by the way you made her talk, I know it's not really Lulu.
                          Her english really isn't that structured.

I'm sorry, little taru, but you FAIL.
                          But alas, like a lemming over a cliff, you continue.

▲ ········································ ▲

Comment

Originally posted by isador21 View Post
                            I think you're seriously lacking attention, to attempt to make Lulu
                            seem like a RMT is pure lie.

She's some nice asian person who's trying to get in the game,
                            why the f*** did you pretend she's a RMT?

How the hell can you be evil to the point of trying to get her kicked
                            from a game she can't even play??

Seriously, gtfo, you make me sick
                            u make this look like a complot lol and well the chats r there and she admit it also i just speak to her asking if all this was true...she goes mad and ask me to delete her from my friends list telling me some weird words (rumormongering , slanderously?) the i asked and idk if was her or not but he/she keeps answering with "she said thats not true" and "she is mad" so well i delete her from my list.

and well isador21 its a very big coinsidence that too many ppl had recived the same propose from the same person... >.>

Comment

Originally posted by isador21 View Post
                              Just by the way you made her talk, I know it's not really Lulu.
                              Her english really isn't that structured.

I'm sorry, little taru, but you FAIL.
                              The way I "made her talk"?

Believe what you want, but that was a direct copy-paste of the chat. I can send you the "official" msn chat log, if you really like.

But if you don't believe me, that's your own choice. It's not really my concern.

What would I really have to gain by "pretending" lulu is something she isn't?

I hadn't ever heard of her until she contacted me. I haven't talked to her since that one chat.

Seriously.
                              WAR37/
                              Linkshell - PanicMotion
                              Sky [ x ] Sea [_]
                              PLD AFv2 5/5!

Comment

oh and i when i asked her is all this was true she told me.
                                lulu:"no.she said is not true"
                                me:she,who?
                                lulu:the one that started the thread.

and i dont see anything like that here...

Comment

Working...
                                X