Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 bucks a week, and I give you my password? I think not.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 20 bucks a week, and I give you my password? I think not.

So, lets assume they would pay the $20 and you actually wanted to rent your character and they would actually not change the password or sell your shit and you actually got it back in one piece after two weeks... Wouldn't that be against the Terms of Agreement with SE? Also, you reemed that guy!
    Last edited by Evion; 10-26-2007, 10:21 AM.
    Current Server: Asura
    Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
    Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
    Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
    Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
    Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarre View Post
      Have you thought of passing their details onto the special task force? This sounds a new scam RMT are trying to do which they would be interested in.
      Actually yes, people should. Infact people should try and milk and and all information from these people as they can...without giving any of their own...and forward all that to the STFu. At the very least SE could just make public this retarded little plan.

Originally posted by Evion View Post
      So, lets assume they would pay the $20 and you actually wanted to rent your character and they would actually not change the password or sell your shit and you got it back in one piece after two weeks... Would that be against the Terms of Agreement with SE? Also, you reemed that guy!
      ....yes.
      "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I have about 10 RMT contacts on my MSN list. I block them all but dont remove them, just for keeping track.
        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Madder - 80 bucks a day for a PL? That's rather funny >_> if anyone would actually pay 80 bucks a day for a PL in-game, that makes me sad. I don't even pay gil for PL's. And I just checked, the email was onmyway20071@hotmail

Jarre - No, I actually hadn't thought of reporting it to the Special Task Force, I think I'll do that, though. Thanks for the suggestion. (now to remember how to get to the STF >_>)

Evion - Yeah, I think it would technically be against the ToS, from my understanding of them. And spanks, I think yelling your head off over msn doesn't do anything to prove anything, so what better way to do it than stay calm about it?

Edit: Found the STFu report form thing, so no need to tell me where it is xD
          Last edited by Tuatha; 10-26-2007, 06:48 AM.
          Tuatha - Tarutaru (Remora)
          WHM75/PLD75/BRD75/RDM75/DRK69/THF62/SAM43/BLM40/BLU39/SMN38/
          WAR37/
          NIN37/BST37/DNC33/RNG29//MNK22/DRG19/PUP8/COR6/SCH1
          Linkshell - PanicMotion
          Windurst Rank 10 - San d'Oria Rank 10 - Bastok Rank 10
          Sky [ x ] Sea [_]
          PLD AFv2 5/5!

Comment

Go to this link go down to special Task force, select RMT activity website etc. from drop down list and then follow instructions/ fill out mail form. try and give as much detail as you can i.e. email address, way they contacted you, copy of script etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
              The reason no one posted about it is because there's really nothing to be done (save hiding all personal info), and it's not as though anyone with any sense would actually fall for this scam.
              I enjoyed the story. Thank you Tuatha.
              "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Jarre - Yeah, thanks, I found it before your post. XD Though I didn't think to include a copy of the chat log. Oh well. :/

Solymir - You're welcome. XD
                WAR37/
                Linkshell - PanicMotion
                Sky [ x ] Sea [_]
                PLD AFv2 5/5!

Comment

I have about 10 RMT contacts on my MSN list. I block them all but dont remove them, just for keeping track.
                  I think I have three or four. Actually, I've never had to block them.

One of them even made a pretty nice friend before she disappeared all of a sudden ;_;

Comment

My boyfriend made an in-game RMT Friend once. Sort of. He buddy-buddy'd up to them, telling the RMT he was lonely and didn't have any friends. XD Eventually he added the RMT to his friends list, and the RMT actually added him back. He named the RMT "Gilseller" on his friend list. It made me laff.

"Gilseller" is never on anymore. Hmm I sure hope he didn't get banned. That would be a shame, he was my boyfriend's only friend.

XD
                    WAR37/
                    Linkshell - PanicMotion
                    Sky [ x ] Sea [_]
                    PLD AFv2 5/5!

Comment

Originally posted by Solymir View Post
                      I enjoyed the story. Thank you Tuatha.
                      That's nice. But irrelevant, since I said "most people". Are you most people?

If you're going to respond to something, at least understand what you're responding to.

Also, Evion's post at the top of this thread? Kind of explains everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuatha View Post
                        My boyfriend made an in-game RMT Friend once. Sort of. He buddy-buddy'd up to them, telling the RMT he was lonely and didn't have any friends. XD Eventually he added the RMT to his friends list, and the RMT actually added him back. He named the RMT "Gilseller" on his friend list. It made me laff.
                        "Gilseller" is never on anymore. Hmm I sure hope he didn't get banned. That would be a shame, he was my boyfriend's only friend.
                        XD
                        I know some people who befriend the RMT's so that they can keep track of them. Then they know when spawn times are and stuff for KB, Aspid, etc.

Anyone who has been contacted in this manner should definately use the above link and report them. If they get enough complaints then hopefully they'll post an official warning of some sort.
                        Originally posted by Feba
                        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                        Originally posted by Taskmage
                        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                        Originally posted by DakAttack
                        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

This has made my day XD That's just sad.

Go SE

Comment

What does this have to do with SE?

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                              What does this have to do with SE?
                              Well, it's apparant that their bannings are giving the RMTs a lot of trouble. In other MMOs, they've kind of stopped dealing with the problem because they think it's unfixable, but SE is showing that it IS possible to dela with the problem and actually get an outcome. We've seen the economy deflate, and now we're being shown that RMTs are struggling to keep up. I think SE deserves a little credit here for being so ontop of the situation.

Comment

Well, that makes a lot more sense than just "Go SE".

Comment

Working...
                                X