About Elitists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Elitists

You know as well as I do what they are. Elitists. I won't get into it, but by now I've just about had it with them. Let me get a few things straight here.

1. Your level does NOT reflect your experience in the game. You could have been powerleveled, hell you could have BOUGHT the account for all anyone cares. Your level is only how strong your character is at BASE, that means without gear and merits. Just because you're 70+ doesn't mean you can get away with having a big head. Besides, we were all noobs at some point in time for different lengths in time....

2. Your equipment doesn't make you a good player. I've run into people that have the million-gil equipment - even if only one piece - and they don't have a CLUE how to do their job. At least, no idea how to do it well. On the other hand, one may not have the uber nice equipment, but it's the knowledge of how to do your job that makes you a good player. Common sense still applies; without at least decent equipment you won't really be going anywhere.

There, I'm done. Sorry for the rant, but I had to get it out sometime.

Re: About Elitists

3. playing FFXI is like Llama Song. It can be fun, it can be repeatitive, and after a while it will drive you crazy.
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Cheers!

I guess people think Knowledge of the jobs come with the +1 stuff they buy. >.<

I believe that no one can ever really come out of "newb" status. Even at 75, Rank 10, Yadda yadda, there is still so much more to know and experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Jei View Post
        3. playing FFXI is like Llama Song. It can be fun, it can be repeatitive, and after a while it will drive you crazy.
        /em clicks on the link.

Oh geez...... >.<

Comment

Lazy people are annoying and people who don't want to learn are worse.
          Read my blog.
          ffxibrp.livejournal.com
          Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
          Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

Originally posted by Legal Fish View Post
            Lazy people are annoying and people who don't want to learn are worse.
            Some of those are the ones who are the most elitest.

We have a level 75 SAM on my server with fully upgraded relic GK... and an underlevelled WAR sub.
            Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 01-09-2007, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
              We have a level 75 SAM on my server with fully upgraded relic GK... and an underlevelled WAR sub.
              LOL.
              I was expecting SAM75/WAR36, but thats just hilarious.
              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I lol'd heartily. That dude's hardcore.
                sigpic

Comment

I agree with everything said in this topic

Llama llama duck!
                  "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Map hahahahaha

Map is one of few, true laughable people in the end-game. He has become a meme of sorts, with "lolMap". You see that sash he is wearing?

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Ninurta%27s_Sash

Keep in mind, he is a SAM. Christ, one of the only ones in existence too.
                    Read my blog.
                    ffxibrp.livejournal.com
                    Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
                    Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

My question is:
                      Who the f*** lets these people lot on these things? The guy doesn't even have access to Warcry for crying out loud. People have really low standards when it comes to accepting people to their ls's.
                      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian View Post
                        My question is:
                        Who the f*** lets these people lot on these things? The guy doesn't even have access to Warcry for crying out loud. People have really low standards when it comes to accepting people to their ls's.
                        1) bribery and/or 2) connections

On another note <.< >.>; anyone observe a correlation in rise of TP burns to the "in thing" and rise of elitists?

Also, who hasn't at a moment acted like one not on purpose?
                        /
                        Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

he leads the best sea LS on Titan. He's the kind of guy that can be nice if he likes you or can be a total ass other wise.
                          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I'm still a newb somewhat so I haven't had any major blow ups in party or anything yet, but I can say I've definitely seen some elitest bs out there when partying. And what the hell happened to tact? I mean, people make mistakes...it's no reason to start tripping balls and berating them in party chat, especially when a simple /tell can usually solve whatever problems there happen to be.

This happened to me once a while ago, when I first went to Kazham, partied in Yohtunga with 2 other ls mates (both NIN) and 3 random people. I'm a MNK, and we're fighting Gobs. We get bomb toss'ed a few times, and the WHM sends me a tell "Why aren't you shoulder tackling?!". I'm like..."Uhh, should I be?" (I didn't know shoulder tackle stops bomb toss, like I said, I'm a newb, and nobody said anything to me before). So he told me that, and I was like Sweet! Bomb Toss sucks. However, it then became all my fault if a bomb toss got through. I mean, if the TP's there I Shoulder tackle on Bomb-Toss, but what the hell am I supposed to do when my TP's at like 12%? He keeps commenting in party chat {Shoulder Tackle}{Can I have it?} so I made it a point to /p my TP whenever puller returned to camp with a gob, but then later he starts asking why Im not trying to skillchain, and i'm like, "Do I Shoulder Tackle or Combo?" Seriously, nothing was good enough for this guy. Luckily, we were all logging soon, and he sends me some tell about how I need to learn to play my job (my first job to that level fer chrissakes).

Yeah, so maybe I'm a little bitter...but that guy was an ass and it was the first true asshole guy I encountered in game so he sticks in my mind. If he'd have been nice about it it wouldn't have been a big deal.

Anyways, I'm sure that doesn't compare to some of the endgame drama out there, but it sure felt good to vent. ^^
                            I'm a slow motion accident, lost in coffee rings and fingerprints...
                            -Frou Frou, "Hear Me Out"

Check out my blog! =>
                            http://deuceffxi.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jei View Post
                              I laughed...

...then I cried.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Working...
                              X