What to do with an extra crab apron?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with an extra crab apron?

I have been levelingin the dunes and recently got a crab apron. Since I already unlocked my sub-job and have my boarding pass to Whitegate, what more can I do with the sub-job items other gthen trade or drop them?
    I also have around 135 beastmans' seals. I know they are to get to the BCNM fights but until I do them they seem to be using up 2 slots which I could be using for other things(such as drinks). Can these be traded to anyone or do we have to drop them or use them to get rid of them.(I don't want to just drop them since later on down the road I will be using them)(I know there are pre level 30 BCNMs but for now I have to concentrate on getting my aadvanced subjobs)
    u have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them

Re: What to do with an extra crab apron?

well as far as I know, you can just drop the crab apron if you've already gotten your subjob and whitegate access.

as for the seals, you probably should hold on to them until you figure out which BCNM you want to go for. when you know that, you trade them to a npc in port jeuno (forget the name at the moment).

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Can any subjob items be used in any synth recipies? What about
      de-synths, or are these items only used for the 2 things??
      u have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them

Comment

Only those 2 things. Those items are completely useless otherwise.
        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I dunno... I usually use my crab aprons when I'm cooking seafood or when I just don't want to get my AF dirty. I recommend passing on Sub-job items while you're in Valkurm--especially if there's someone in your PT without a subjob.

As for the seals, you'll probably want either Erase or Utsusemi: Ni at some point... When you get to 40, you can do Royal Jelly for profit and to save money on those two scrolls which can get a bit expensive. Of course, there are alternatives... but Royal Jelly is so easy that it is almost impossible to botch.

Comment

Originally posted by DR2D2 View Post
            Can any subjob items be used in any synth recipies? What about
            de-synths, or are these items only used for the 2 things??
            The only one I know of offhand that can be synthed is the cup of dhalmel saliva, which can be turned into vitriol if you have sufficient Alchemy skill (I know, I hunted those bloody things for hours to gain a level in Alchemy a long time ago )

Icemage

Comment

Save those Beastman Seals, at all costs. There was a time when I was dropping those because I was running outta space, and now that I use BCNMs to raise about 90% of my gil, I kick myself if I even think about how many I had to have lost. Now I have to put everything on hold, and go farm seals so I can do more BCNMs.

The only thing you can really do with the Aprons are once you see they've dropped, go into the Cast Lots menu and pass on it. So it doesn't even hit your inventory. Once you have your subjob and Whitegate access it's completely useless.
              Odude
              PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
              RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
              SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

If you want to accumulate a massive hoard of Beastman Seals, you can level a whole bunch of jobs through the Quick-'n'-Easy Solo Phase (1-10) and then do Beastmaster. No one has more seals than a BST... No one.

Comment

How very true. My ls leader is bst main, and he has like 8 stacks of beastman and 6 of KS. And we do regular fights as well...

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                  "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Working...
                  X