Playing FFXII makes me want to come back to FFXI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing FFXII makes me want to come back to FFXI

The way the game controls, the camera, the battle system... all brings back memories of FFXI. Almost enough to make me re-activate my toon.

Maybe FFXII is part of Square's grand plan for Vana'Diel player recruitment.
    R.I.P. King Jeordie *retired*

Re: Playing FFXII makes me want to come back to FFXI

FFXII really isn't that much like FFXI.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

There's mandoragora in XII !
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

1. you have to sell battlefield treasure to get gill

2. you auto-attack

3. running is useless!
        Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
        (have fun MMO players ^^)
        Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowneko View Post
          1. you have to sell battlefield treasure to get gill

2. you auto-attack

3. running is useless!
          I agree with the first two, but not for #3. There's a lot of times when fleeing is very handy, particularly when you either want to avoid conflict because enemies in the zone are too easy to be worth killing, or because you want to keep a kill chain alive.

Kill chains aren't just for improved drops - there are a few rare monsters that only appear after you complete a kill chain of X number of consecutive kills, so you have to avoid some fights to keep your chains alive if you want to complete the bestiary.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru View Post
            FFXII really isn't that much like FFXI.
            I disagree. It is VERY MUCH LIKE... that is, if you play both games on the PS2.

Anywho, I'm like a couple of hours in FFXII and then it started to remind me too much of FFXI, especially with measley exp and huge TNLs, so I lost interest.

(Trying to stay away from FFXI - *ducks for cover*)

Comment

Had the exact same effect on me, after playing FF12 it gave me a sudden urge to play FF11 again (I say again, but I only briefly played it before). Really tempted :}

Comment

haha oh my god...im like 50 hours into FFXII and i too am getting a huge urge to re-activate my ffxi account...its a phenomenon...i think the ONLY beef i have with ffxi is how hard it is to find a group

Comment

FFXII's story is so great. Its one of the main reasons I'm so motivated to play. Well, and the music too. I have this feeling that if I get thrown back into FFXI I'm only setting myself up for a letdown. But then that didnt stop me for playing for years, and retiring a couple times. Not so sure I wanna get back into all that.

Playing both on PS2 helps make them feel similiar too.
                  R.I.P. King Jeordie *retired*

Comment

I agree, I had only played an hour of FFXII and I suddenly got bored and started playing FFXI.

It's not that FFXII is bad, quite the opposite, but it seems to me that FFXII is a .hack version of FFXI (basically a single player version of a MMORPG).

I'll keep playing FFXII, but of course I am going to have to take breaks to play FFXI too

Both of em rock in my opinion!

Comment

Working...
                    X