Getting the Mamook staging point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the Mamook staging point

Any good directions ? I got lost in the area where there are pugils, one of them agrod me from far away and I had to to warp out of there fast.

Re: Getting the Mamook staging point

http://www.ffxi-atlas.com/maps/mamook/general/

Enter from your choice of entrance from Wajaom Woodlands and make your way to the exit to Bhaflau Thickets, then it's just a short hop over to the Staging Point.

http://www.ffxi-atlas.com/maps/bhafl...ckets/general/

By the way, you should be able to make the entire trip on a chocobo, so no need to worry about aggro.

Icemage

Comment

Wait so you can use a chocobo through the Mamook?

Comment

Not through mamook, unfortunately.
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

I'll give you a word of advice though! If you happen to run into a frog. Run away! Run far, far away! They'll turn you into a frog.

Comment

That's odd. I could swear Mamook was an outdoor zone at some point and that I've arrived there by chocobo in the past, but FFXIAtlas disagrees with my recollection (and I've not tested it personally in quite some time since I always use the staging point lately...). Either that or I'm misremembering some other accessible merit point camp in ToAU via Chocobo...

Ah well, if it's a Dungeon then indeed stay far away from the Poroggos. They're small, mean, and extremely nasty. Oh, and I believe they have Flare and Death spells in their repertoire too. Don't mess with them.

Icemage

Comment

Could use a little direction in the Mamook. Thats the hard part.

Comment

Look at the first map Icemage gave you. It's a prett big place to navigate. Nothing we can help you with there. Your best bet, if you don't wanna do it yourself, is to find a high-level who has a map to navigate you there. There's really a ton of stuff in Mamook that you have to avoid if you want to make it there in one piece. (true sight mobs, poroggas, the mamool's grandpa, etc.)
                Last edited by Mog; 11-16-2006, 05:20 AM.

Comment

I drew my own map and made markers on which POS's I had to make turns in. I know shoot me now for using primitive means. Something about drawing my own map helps me get more familiar with the area.
                  Thanks Kazuki.
                  Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Originally posted by Skoal View Post
                    I drew my own map and made markers on which POS's I had to make turns in. I know shoot me now for using primitive means. Something about drawing my own map helps me get more familiar with the area.
                    I've drawn maps a few times when I ran out of ink and stuff like that. It's way better than trying to remember what the map looked like.

I hate walking for half an hour only to realize I should've turned left in Albuquerque. ><
                    sigpic
                    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Bugs Bunny FTW!
                      Thanks Kazuki.
                      Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Originally posted by raidenn View Post
                        Could use a little direction in the Mamook. Thats the hard part.
                        I think this is the route I did when I got that stagging point, just keep your stealth camo up and you should be fine.

After you exit to Bhaflau just head south from there.
                        Last edited by Raydeus; 09-17-2009, 11:21 AM.
                        sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

I finally got the staging point but this is how I went through.

The path here directly heads you to a poroggo, there's no way to get around him. He's guarding the path from outside the tunnel. I waited for a bit but he never budged. The best way is to go down south through a big path, it's like a drop and just renew your invis and silent buffs there. I marked the path I used with a purple line, and just continue through the red line.

Comment

Originally posted by raidenn View Post
                            The path here directly heads you to a poroggo, there's no way to get around him. He's guarding the path from outside the tunnel. I waited for a bit but he never budged. The best way is to go down south through a big path, it's like a drop and just renew your invis and silent buffs there. I marked the path I used with a purple line, and just continue through the red line.
                            (Congratulations!)

Heheh, then I was lucky when I got my SPs Poroggos hadn't been added yet.

(It's good to know where that one is in case I gotta go through there again. )
                            sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

I couldnt risk going behind him since I heard they have true hearing.
                              What does the Vicious Liquid do?

Comment

Working...
                              X