A few problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few problems

First off hi, new to the FFXI will maybe see some of you people around the game if I ever get in

you see here in lies the problem, I got the game installed ect and all was good and right with the world. I am now confronted with "PlayOnline viewer" as I am reading it I need an ID so I go to "Join PlayOnline" and am instantly confronted with:-

"Error Code - 0011

The network is busy or there is no response from the server. Please try again later or verify that cables networking devices, and network settings are properly configured"

Any ideas?

Re: A few problems

i have the same problem mate, just gade keep tryin it every so often,

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news8842.shtml
    Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimesConfucius

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves Confucius

Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous Confucius

Comment

that was quick
      AH HA thanks I thought I was doing something wrong (first time and all)

Comment

if it starts working again post here mate

Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous Confucius

Comment

Will do, but as I have work soon you will probably be in long before me.
          On a side note does anyone have any tips ect for a real newbie to help him on his way?
          (apart from the age old "don't beg")

Comment

Theres plenty of guides around if you search...theres a newb guide on this forum and also try www.gamefaqs.com - its outdated but still helpful.

What server are you on?

Comment

Try allakhazam.com as well.

Lots of idiots on there, but there's also a *lot* of useful and informative guides to pretty much everything in the game.
              Likibiki ~ Crusher of Dreams
              75 Summoner
              58 White Mage
              Pandemonium Server

Comment

Friends don't let friends visit the GameFAQs forum. Seriously.

For a good overview of tips and tricks to get started, try this:
                http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/fre...ease-read.html

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                  Friends don't let friends visit the GameFAQs forum. Seriously.

For a good overview of tips and tricks to get started, try this:
                  http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/fre...ease-read.html

Icemage
                  Well theres alot of good guides still there even though they are outdated. The specific guides are very handy (quests, food effects, macro, gardening, AH etc), its barely changed.
                  http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...me/555735.html

I use them regularly. Some of them have been updated recently...

However suggesting a site that promotes buying currency from other sites is probably worse (allakhazam)

Comment

GameFAQs guides are horribly out of date most of the time, and often inaccurate even when they're recent.

Allakhazam has more current information, but is also prone to information poisoning from the rumor mill (and has that little issue with IGE).

For definitive help on quests, missions, etc. your most trustworthy source is www.FFXIclopedia.org.

Icemage

Comment

Though I will admit that I started using Gamefaqs knowledge, I found my info on the boards and not the guides. But unless you have a good sense of humor, can type with good grammer, and are able to tell forum trolls from intelligent posts, that place can eat you alive. >_>

The Wikipedia is a good site for detailed info, as is Somepage for item and monster specifics. For everything else come here and ask people.
                      "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I wote a newbie guide back in the day and got it posed on Alla...but it's badly in need of an update. Which I will get to when I get home....
                        Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
                        (have fun MMO players ^^)
                        Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

scratch that I won't be on shortly, I am still getting that damn error msg from "PlayOnline"... oh well

like I said thanks for the guides ect, hell out of date or not I know NOTHING about the final fantasy universe let alone FFXI

Comment

You don't really need to know anything about any other Final Fantasy title to enjoy FFXI. All of the storylines, characters, and events are explained in-game in great detail. There are a few in-jokes and recurring characters you won't recognize without the background, but they're very few and far between, and never for critical story or game elements (i.e. Cid is a recurring character in just about every Final Fantasy title. He changes his appearance from time to time, but he's always an engineer of some sort, and the Cid who appears in FFXI follows this pattern).

Icemage

Comment

i cant beleve they aint opent the account managment yet ... iv been waitin like 11 hours

Comment

Working...
                              X