1-30 is really frustrating and boring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-30 is really frustrating and boring

i am currently 11, and i want to get to 30 so i can get a fun job, but to be honest, im getting bored and frustrated! im trying really hard not to cancel my subcription! sometimes i can't even get myself to touch the damn thing, i want a fun job, but the road to get there SUCKS! ok, im done venting...

Which FF Character Are You?

Re: 1-30 is really frustrating and boring

I was in the same situation until I found this great PL Service ran by a friendly GM.

Feedemtothedragonorz.com

It's run by a well known GM who will get you to lvl 75 in a week (guaranteed or you get feed to a dragon) remember Feedemtothedragonorz.com!!

Edit> I think I just murdered 1 million of my brain cells by doing that XD
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

yea....im not looking for a power leveling service....i just thought i would vent to get my frustration out

Comment

hmm try to stick with 1 job and get to level 20 first I guess. Try to meet people and talk to them. Make friends, get into LS. That's when the game gets better.

If at the end you really can't get yourself to enjoy this game, don't worry. If you don't like it, you don't like it.
        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

well im sticking with warrior right now, i mean i like it, but its just, personally i think its completely stupid that u have to unlock the advanced jobs. if you could start out as a ninja, i would be perfectly happy its just....yea...

Comment

Trust me, you don't want ninja that doesn't know how to play in your party... The job's already an advance job but we still have tons of ninja that don't have a clue.
            There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
            but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
            transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

The reason you need to unlock advanced jobs is in their names itself: ADVANCED. The last thing we need is a noob nin saying: "whats ustusemi?"

Trust me, it is a daunting task getting to level 30. But the hardest part (IMO) is valkurm dunes. Get through level 20, or maybe even 18 or 19, and you can start going to Qufim Island. Leveling picks up a little around there. Hang in there. But if you just find yourself getting repeatly angry with the game... maybe you don't have the patience for FFXI. It's not a game that can be played through in a short amount of time.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
              ------
              Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
              When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

I wouldn't even level ninja as my first main job. Very expensive and quite difficult.

Comment

well i might as well quit, cause the only job i really wanna play ninja

Comment

Your choice buddy. No one's forcing you to play.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                    ------
                    Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                    When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

no, its not that, its just...annoying me that everyone is tell me i cant play ninja cause its too expensive, i think that, im just looking for some motivation to get through 1-30

Comment

Originally posted by the_ultimate_shadow View Post
                        yea....im not looking for a power leveling service....i just thought i would vent to get my frustration out
                        Oops sorry, I thought you were making fun of those threads that got locked.

About advanced jobs, you can't really know if you are gonna like a job until you try it, I've seen many players start as one job (very convinced about it if I may add) only to find out another job was much better for them.

You'll need WAR sub for your NIN anyway so might as well lvl it now. The good thing about XI is that you can try any job you have unlocked anytime you want.

NIN consumes a lot of gil so you need to find a way to get a steady income if you are planning on leveling the job (or any job for that matter, is just that some like NIN are a bit more expensive).

Also, there are many things besides leveling in this game, so you gotta see all the other stuff that's in the game before you decide if you really like XI or not.

One thing is certain though, this game takes a lot of time, and you wont get your first job to 75 in at least 6 months. So keep that in mind.
                        sigpic
                        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

What server are you on? I know it probably doesn't mean much but if you happen to be on Hades you can send me a /tell in game anytime if you need help or just something to do ... and I could probably hook you up with a pearl for the LS I'm in.

Seriously, if you want to play Ninja then go for it, yeah it's expensive and yeah it's challenging, but if that's what you really want to do then no one is stopping you. It does suck to level in the early stages of the game, but once you get subjobs unlocked, Chocobo license, a few missions done, and even Kazham access things start looking up. I think if you have that goal then stick with it. When I started I oringally wanted nothing more than to be a Summoner, but started as Red Mage just to get me there. Well ... I've got Summoner unlocked, but it's level 9. I'm a hardcore Red Mage till the end ... so don't be surprised if your expectations change while you play, too.

Also if you are on Hades and want help doing the Ninja quest or getting to Jeuno or whatever, I'll be glad to help out.

Of course if you're not on Hades there's not much I can do but I'm sure you'll find someone.
                          sigpic
                          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post

You'll need WAR sub for your NIN anyway so might as well lvl it now. The good thing about XI is that you can try any job you have unlocked anytime you want.

NIN consumes a lot of gil so you need to find a way to get a steady income if you are planning on leveling the job (or any job for that matter, is just that some like NIN are a bit more expensive).
                            thats what i like to hear, anyways, thanks for the advice, i am really trying to stick in there until i unlock some advanced jobs, its hard though, but im trying. im tempted to be a healer, cause i've never been that role(in my previous MMO expeirence) if i decide on healer, should i go whm, or rdm? and ...how do i solo to 12 or so with a healer? just beat them over the head with a stick

Comment

Originally posted by the_ultimate_shadow View Post
                              thats what i like to hear, anyways, thanks for the advice, i am really trying to stick in there until i unlock some advanced jobs, its hard though, but im trying. im tempted to be a healer, cause i've never been that role(in my previous MMO expeirence) if i decide on healer, should i go whm, or rdm? and ...how do i solo to 12 or so with a healer? just beat them over the head with a stick
                              For low level mage leveling you'll do best bare handed. The clubs and staves only hold you back.

Comment

Working...
                              X