Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users (Sep. 26)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users (Sep. 26)

Sep. 26, 2006 04:00 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI
    About Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users (Sep. 26)

Today, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the user agreement by using unauthorized third-party software tools within FINAL FANTASY XI to enable abnormal in-game movement were discovered and have been suspended or permanently terminated.

Based on the results of an investigation, over 3,300 PlayOnline accounts have been either suspended or terminated on Sep. 26, 2006 for the malicious and intentional use of these third-party tools.

We would like to take this time to remind our players that the use of any third-party tools will not only destroy the in-game balance, but will also encourage RMT (real money trading) activities. We will continue to take strict actions against those individuals that we have confirmed to have used such tools.

Please note that some of these third-party tools may cause character information to be altered, erased, or personal information to be leaked to unwanted third parties. If you come across a third-party tool over the Internet, we ask that you please refrain from the download of such a tool, no matter how minor it may appear to be.

To ensure our customers could enjoy the game safely, we will continue to apply measurements to combat these third-party tools and violations.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
    ===============
    From the POL website.

Someone in my LS just announced that there are suddenly only six people in The Shrine of Ru'Aviatau, and they're an XP party.
    ~=~=~=Sasaki=~=~=~

Re: About Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users (Sep. 26)

It's not just RMT though. Why does everyone immediately go searching for all the RMT when this happens? Lots of "legit" players and LS's use these movement hacks, which is unfortunate.

Anyway, these mass bannings have been happening a lot lately. I'm all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
      It's not just RMT though. Why does everyone immediately go searching for all the RMT when this happens? Lots of "legit" players and LS's use these movement hacks, which is unfortunate.

QFT.

The big bad Evil RMT isn't what you need to worry about, but Joe Shmoe, nice LS member who uses draw-in for Hoo Mjuu, or Speedhacks to travel across vana'diel. To make this an extremely convoluted Metaphor, the characters in Lost don't have to worry about The Hanzo Foundation messing up their lives when they have each other to do so. And with temptation, there are quite a few people (more than would admit to it) that use Speedhack/Draw In/Buy Gil.

Comment

I didn't mention RMT =o_O= lol Or were you just making a general point?
        ~=~=~=Sasaki=~=~=~

Comment

You mentioned the Shrine, which is generally rather RMT heavy, but it was more of a general point. Every time SE does this, most of the initial posts are like "WELL I CHECKED THE RMT AND THEY ARE STILL THERE GG SE KTHNX", which is obnoxious.

I wasn't using you as an example, however.^^

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
            Agreed. Get rid of everyone hacking (RMT, "legit", boyscouts, w/e). Also, do people not learn or just don't care. I would think that if a person cared about playing and saw the first ban then they would stop using movement hacks. Maybe not

Comment

Originally posted by Illuen View Post
              QFT.

The big bad Evil RMT isn't what you need to worry about, but Joe Shmoe, nice LS member who uses draw-in for Hoo Mjuu, or Speedhacks to travel across vana'diel. To make this an extremely convoluted Metaphor, the characters in Lost don't have to worry about The Hanzo Foundation messing up their lives when they have each other to do so. And with temptation, there are quite a few people (more than would admit to it) that use Speedhack/Draw In/Buy Gil.
              Just thoughtI'd point out that draw-in is purely a cosmetic change on the players PC much like .dat changing. It doesn't do anything or alow you use abilites further away then you should be able to.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Davitron3000 View Post
                Also, do people not learn or just don't care. I would think that if a person cared about playing and saw the first ban then they would stop using movement hacks. Maybe not
                I've learned not to underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Zamphire View Post
                  Just thoughtI'd point out that draw-in is purely a cosmetic change on the players PC much like .dat changing. It doesn't do anything or alow you use abilites further away then you should be able to.

That is all.
                  Really? Thanks for informing me. I had always heard that, for instance, if you pulled a NPC to you from across the zone, that you'd be able to speak to it from where you are, Same with chests/coffers.

Comment

Yea... I got banned in the first mass banning, since then i've almost completely stopped using movement hacks. I think most people think they are invincible and wont get banned. I did. You don't realize that you're vanurable until you get caught.

I actually feel really good that I've been 3 months without cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Illuen View Post
                      Really? Thanks for informing me. I had always heard that, for instance, if you pulled a NPC to you from across the zone, that you'd be able to speak to it from where you are, Same with chests/coffers.
                      Don't I wish ; ;

Comment

Almost completely, eh?

Comment

Yea, I occasionally use them to get through a few doors. Like after spending two hours hunting a prelate key for the temple the other day while doing 8-2 and never finding it >.>

Comment

Yea... I got banned in the first mass banning, since then i've almost completely stopped using movement hacks. I think most people think they are invincible and wont get banned. I did. You don't realize that you're vanurable until you get caught.
                            I actually feel really good that I've been 3 months without cheating.
                            Why is this in there? Just sayin'
                            Really though, I am glad to hear you don't use them.

Comment

Yea, I occasionally use them to get through a few doors. Like after spending two hours hunting a prelate key for the temple the other day while doing 8-2 and never finding it >.>
                              It's funny how some people can find a way to justify actions they should be banned for. Just getting through doors to get to mobs that legit players have to camp the key for is ok and in no way gaining an unfair advantage right?

Comment

Working...
                              X