• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users

Originally posted by FFXI Official Website
    Aug. 30, 2006 04:00 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI
    About Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users

Today, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the user agreement by using unauthorized third-party software tools within FINAL FANTASY XI to enable abnormal in-game movement were discovered and have been suspended or permanently terminated.

Based on the results of an investigation, over 1,400 PlayOnline accounts have been either suspended or terminated on Aug. 30, 2006 for the malicious and intentional use of these third-party tools.

We would like to take this time to remind our players that the use of any third-party tools will not only destroy the in-game balance, but will also encourage RMT (real money trading) activities. We will continue to take strict actions against those individuals that we have confirmed to have used such tools.

Please note that some of these third-party tools may cause character information to be altered, erased, or personal information to be leaked to unwanted third parties. If you come across a third-party tool over the Internet, we ask that you please refrain from the download of such a tool, no matter how minor it may appear to be.

To ensure our customers could enjoy the game safely, we will continue to apply measurements to combat these third-party tools and violations.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
    Nice to see some more cheaters getting what they deserve. By my calculations that's an average of nearly 50 accounts per server.

Keep up the good work!
    Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
    RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
    All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Re: About Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users

Oh god oh god, not again *rushes to pol.com to see if he's suspended*

*sighs with reliefe as he logs into Friends List Plus* I'm safe!

Comment

Yay! Death to the warphackers!
      MisterCookie: Alla refugee since May 2006

MisterCookie: Writing poor signatures since January 1999

http://www.songbirdnest.com - OSS Media Player

Comment

Yay! Cuz ya know, warp hackers ruin the game with their getting through a zone quicker then me!

Comment

Yay! Cuz ya know, warp hackers ruin the game with their getting through a zone quicker then me!
          When they do it to immediately reach the position of a spawned NM yea. Just because you don't abuse the tool doesn't mean others do.
          MisterCookie: Alla refugee since May 2006

MisterCookie: Writing poor signatures since January 1999

http://www.songbirdnest.com - OSS Media Player

Comment

Originally posted by MisterCookie View Post
            When they do it to immediately reach the position of a spawned NM yea. Just because you don't abuse the tool doesn't mean others do.
            That's differant then warphacking. That's NMwarphacking. These are actually two differant programs. POS just warps you around. Trying to use POS to claim a mob wouldn't probably be too slow and cause you to lose it. Argus though will warp you to the mob and claim it for you but doesn't have the ability to warp around the zone like POS. Warphacking alone doesn't really put anyone at an advatange.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamphire View Post
              Warphacking alone doesn't really put anyone at an advatange.

well i have to disagree here- those that choose to follow the User Agreement, and not use the warphack are at a disadvantage to those that do.

Comment

That's differant then warphacking. That's NMwarphacking. These are actually two differant programs. POS just warps you around. Trying to use POS to claim a mob wouldn't probably be too slow and cause you to lose it. Argus though will warp you to the mob and claim it for you but doesn't have the ability to warp around the zone like POS. Warphacking alone doesn't really put anyone at an advatange.
                On the contrary. Warphacking allows HNMLS members to instantly rush to distant locales much faster than they could normally, which is a big problem. This is especially true in areas with physical obstructions, such as Garlaige Citadel (to get to Roc).

Cheating is cheating, let's not sugarcoat it. Just because they are not the same does not mean they are not equally abusive.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage View Post
                  On the contrary. Warphacking allows HNMLS members to instantly rush to distant locales much faster than they could normally, which is a big problem. This is especially true in areas with physical obstructions, such as Garlaige Citadel (to get to Roc).

Cheating is cheating, let's not sugarcoat it. Just because they are not the same does not mean they are not equally abusive.

Icemage
                  Alright, agreed.

Comment

Yes, because it's totally fair that someone can go to any point of Eldieme/Garilage/Rolanberry/Beaudeacnx/Castle O/Castle Z/Gusgen/Newton/Ifrit's ect ect ect faster then they're supposed to. It's not like it can be used to cheat while doing quests/missions/coffer hunts/NMs/HNMs/farming ect ect ect.

Seriously, arguing for the windower is one thing, hell even TPParty could have an argument for it, but Warping to ANY POINT IN THE GAME AT WILL is the definition of cheating and hacking. It gives you an IMMENSE advantage over other players and any attempts to deny that is a complete and total lie.
                    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Interesting... as several people know, a while back I stoped playing games with SE and third-party tools(If anyone missed it, I used POS to climb mountains, ledges, get ontop of airship propellers, etc. Just fun little blurbs while waiting for the airship ride to end or for a party.) For actual reference, I stoped using them @ the 2k account suspension, because I decided the quirkes to make the game more fun wern't worth the risk. Apparently they had a record of me though, because NOW, several months later... SUSPENDED!

Hmm. You think they would have done something earlier...

I guess they didn't have enough proof:
                      Today, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the user agreement by using unauthorized third-party software tools within FINAL FANTASY XI to enable abnormal in-game movement were discovered and have been suspended or permanently terminated.
                      But where dd they find proof in all that time I was only using windower...

If only SE added a "Jump" command... other than the ability.
                      Originally posted by Ellipses
                      Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                      Originally posted by MCLV
                      A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                      More Sig:

Comment

So some got suspended and some got banned? How long is the suspension?

Comment

Originally posted by raidenn View Post
                          So some got suspended and some got banned? How long is the suspension?
                          Usually like 72hrs (3 days).

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

A quick /sea all on my server of notorius RMTs revealed... all of them still living their happy lives. /sigh
                            A Day in the Life of a Taru

Comment

Originally posted by Yeargdribble View Post
                              A quick /sea all on my server of notorius RMTs revealed... all of them still living their happy lives. /sigh
                              Maybe cause they don't know how to use those tools or they don't use it anyway.

Seems like the more "legitimate" players are the real cheaters.

Comment

Working...
                              X