I just wanna go home!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just wanna go home!!!

So here I am, day 3 of logging on and not finding any parties in dunes, and just plain sick of it. So I figure I'll go back to Bastok, maybe do a mission, get smith up a tad more, and level monk. I walked to the dunes, so goin back a level higher shouldnt be a problem. Thats what I get for thinking. Just as Im entering the narrow part in south Konschat, I somehow aggro a goblin. Im close to the zone, so I figure I'll outrun it. Wrong.

Somehow, this thing is beaten me senseless, from quite some distance away. Ive encountered quite the frustration just trying to get within the correct melee range, so how is the goblin able to hit me, while Im running(Another act which I cannot do to mobs) from half a world away? Needless to say the goblin killed me as I was walking the final straight line to zone. Of course my hp is at the dunes entrance, so I just de-leveled for nothing.

I guess my point is: Umm... wtf?! I guess the moral is dont solo cuz you'll die no matter what because running away to save your own life is impossible. On a more serious, non-hate filled not, is there a better way of getting back to Bastok, or am I stuck trying to get past the omnipotent goblin of long range nooblar stomping?

Re: I just wanna go home!!!

Walk behind it and it won't aggro you. Goblins are sight aggro.

Comment

You're pretty much stuck hoofing it, unfortunately.

Comment

mobs can attack (melee) from further range than players can. nothing you can do bout it except learn to avoid aggro.

and at your current level, no there's no better way. you have to walk.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by Jance
          Ive encountered quite the frustration just trying to get within the correct melee range, so how is the goblin able to hit me, while Im running(Another act which I cannot do to mobs) from half a world away?
          Lag. It's the same reason you can be running behind a monster with your weapon drawn and see the "Goblin Thingy is out of range" when you're right on its heels. What you see on your screen is not where things are on the server. (Incidentally, to overcome the "out of range" messages, unlock and run in front of the mob you're trying to attack.)

Originally posted by Jance
          I guess my point is: Umm... wtf?! I guess the moral is dont solo cuz you'll die no matter what because running away to save your own life is impossible. On a more serious, non-hate filled not, is there a better way of getting back to Bastok, or am I stuck trying to get past the omnipotent goblin of long range nooblar stomping?
          No, the moral is learn to avoid aggro. Goblins are sight aggro, with increased vision range at night. Don't run in front of them. And wait til they're not walking before you try to navigate around them, because if they turn, that same lag might end up killing you when you thought you made it behind them. There's no better way back to Bastok.
          Ellipses on Fenrir
          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
          . . .

Comment

I've learned the hardway myself when I was around your level. Don't rush and really take your time to check your surrounding. Sometimes u just have to wait until the gob turns/moves. I know this is annoying but it'll make you appreciate your chocobo MUCH more once u get it at 20.

Comment

30 minutes to go, I can't wait to leave work and go home too!

You could just try waiting for another higher level player to run by, and just follow him and ask him to help if you draw aggro.

Even still, you should have no problem getting by, just pretend you are playing the Azumuth Circle game and are capped at level 1

Thanks for the sig, Selphiie!!

FFXI Xbox360 user ----- BLM 63 / RDM 36/ WHM 42 / THF 25
              DRK 26 / BST 21 / DRG 17 / WAR 17 / MNK 10 / SMN 9 / PUP 4 /
              BLU 1 / PLD 1 / BRD 1 / RNG 1 / NIN 1 / SAM 1
              Bonecraft 63 / Leathercraft 19 / Fishing 7 Windhurst Rank 5

Comment

remember these rules.

sight aggro mobs have a cone vision of sight directly in front of them. so try to run behind them at all times, once you get the hang of it, running on the side once you get a feel for their range will work too.

sound mobs are just based on distance, if you get too close to them they aggro.

magic and low hp aggro happens when you begin casting magic or are in yellow or lower hp. these tend to have really long range of detection, so be very careful.

konchatat is a very large zone. you should have no problem waiting it out for a goblin to turn away or going around him. you most likely walked in front of him or got impatient for him to move and decided to just go anyways.

dont be lazy and dont be hastey and you will be just fine avoid goblins on your trek back.
                Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

OP the solution is pretty simple really. Have you played Metal Gear Solid?

-If the answer is yes: Then you already know what to do, just gotta learn what aggros to what.

-If the answer is no: Then you are doomed, save yourself some trouble and delete your character and start over, it'll be faster.

(If anyone mentions that Fisher guy I have a Socom Pistol waiting for ya. )
                  sigpic
                  "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                  Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Learn how to avoid aggro is an important part of this game. If you have your hundred fist ability ready, actually you may have a chance to beat that goblin at your level (depends on your hp, armor and weapon, etc).
                    Server: Quetzalcoatl
                    Race: Hume Rank 7
                    75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

I solo now and again. To be quite honest, its not hard to outrun a Goblin, its staying alive for long enough
                      Standablaze
                      Server: Ramuh
                      Jobs: Dark Knight, Red Mage
                      Level: Not stated, because I can't be bothered updating 5 signatures when I level. Lets say mid levels.

英語ができますか

Comment

Originally posted by Omni
                        konchatat is a very large zone. you should have no problem waiting it out for a goblin to turn away or going around him. you most likely walked in front of him or got impatient for him to move and decided to just go anyways.
                        You forget that the Highlands has a notorious reputation for "over the hill aggro" in which mobs can see you, but you can't see them (There's a lot of pathing BUGS in the program) Also Quads can aggro you through a wall (Crag area) just so you know.

To the OP, these are some hints:

-Go into 3rd person view.
                        -Zoom camera out as far as it can go. You get a much better field perspective (But your quality on screen will be shoddy in exchange)
                        -Quadavs, Skeleton and Ghosts aggro by sound.
                        -Goblins aggro by sight.
                        -Weapons are sight and sound aggro (Avoid the eastern crag, near the Gusgen Mine path)
                        -Tremor Ram and Rampaging Ram are sight aggro.
                        -Rare NMs found in that area are all undead types, they aggro so sound, but I think (not sure) the shadow NM aggros to sight as well.
                        -STICK TO THE ROADS & FLAT AREAS if at all possible. Avoid hills if you can or if you have confidence in your field perspective enough to know that there aren't any mobs immediately around where you want to traverse (Hilliest areas are mostly on the western side of the map actually)
                        -There are no real aggro mobs in the southern portion as long as you stay on the PATH.

You might come across (Super Rare) a pretty high level NM Ram, not sure if that aggros sight AND sound and if it's true sight as well.

Comment

The biggest thing I can stress to you is to use third person mode! Rarely do I play in first person

Secondly, it's a good idea to look from side to side while you're walking forward. I usually have it set to auto-run and I'll move the camera around to make sure I'm not running into anything that's dangerous.

Originally posted by Aeni
                          You might come across (Super Rare) a pretty high level NM Ram, not sure if that aggros sight AND sound and if it's true sight as well.
                          Oi fey. One thing you should know (while it doesn't pertain to Konschtat Highlands) is that the yagudos that surround the Yag crest for G3 have true sight. Keep this in mind for the future. (I hd to learn this the hard way and nobody told me. ;; )
                          Last edited by Mog; 08-11-2006, 02:49 PM.
                          ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus
                            OP the solution is pretty simple really. Have you played Metal Gear Solid?

-If the answer is yes: Then you already know what to do, just gotta learn what aggros to what.

-If the answer is no: Then you are doomed, save yourself some trouble and delete your character and start over, it'll be faster.

(If anyone mentions that Fisher guy I have a Socom Pistol waiting for ya. )
                            A new player to the game and this is how you respond? TROLL QUALITY POST. You should get -500 reputation points for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeni
                              A new player to the game and this is how you respond? TROLL QUALITY POST. You should get -500 reputation points for this.
                              Look what you did Raydeus! The cat wearing a cloak just cursed you out.
                              ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X